Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me Here's the deal... I'm the best there is... plain and simple. I mean I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. Just a big hairy American winning machine.
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 121 - 130 of 4410 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...441

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Hammock to start with? Hennessy it is!
Depends. Tarp is pretty critical. If you have a tarp that you can get by with, then I'd get the UQ first. I've tried sleeping on a pad in a hammock and thought it was not a great experie...

In GEAR » Hammock to start with?
March 27, 1:59pm

Re: Hammock to start with?
This is less of a recommendation but since you said you're looking to buy from REI, I figured I share my experience with ENO since it's one of the few they sell. I have the ENO Double ...

In GEAR » Hammock to start with?
March 27, 12:23pm

Re: Re: "To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket"
"I don't think there is anyone who would advocate never bringing rain gear. " There have been a few conversations where that's exactly what they suggested. These conversations...

In Philosophy & Technique » To Rain Jacket ... or ... Not to Rain Jacket
March 27, 10:09am

Re: ULA
I've carried 25 lbs in my ULA Ohm 2.0 comfortably. Never had 30-35lbs in it so can't say how it would perform. The ULA circuit may be worth consideration.

In GEAR » Good lightweight pack for about 30lb?
March 27, 7:48am

Re: Thanks
The trick is to keep it out of the sun. Direct sunlight will add >30* to the reading. I run the shockcord on the side pocket of my Prophet through the loop of the Accurite before running i...

In GEAR » watches!?!
March 26, 2:01pm

Re: Thermometer...
Rich, I have this one at it weighs 1.2oz. http://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-00315-Suction-Thermometer-White/dp/B004V1XJ7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427397579&sr=8-1&keywords=accurite+...

In GEAR » watches!?!
March 26, 1:20pm

Re: Re: Re: My "wind shirt" rant...
"Please answer this question: What function(s) do you think a wind shirt, like the 2012 Houdini, provides and what do you currently use to address the function(s) including the weight(s)?"...

In Multiple Use Gear » My "wind shirt" rant...
March 26, 8:52am

Re: Re
It's interesting to visit countries where there's a community well that everyone draws from. One of my neighbors is from Indonesia. Her family has to boil their drinking water every day. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
March 25, 7:38pm

Re: Peanuts
What irks me is that as a nation, we seem to focus on solving these issues by figuring out how to increase the supply instead of reducing the demand. I'm not surprised to see like minded peopl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
March 25, 7:28pm

Re: Verglas Gaiters
I have the Verglas gaiters and have worn them snowshoeing and in all four seasons when I volunteer with SAR. I think they're great but they don't breathe at all. I fully admit that I'...

In GEAR » Gaiters for snowshoeing
March 25, 2:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm