Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Bell (Hobbit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PA Wilds
About Me I am 53 and have been 4 season backpacking since a teenager. As I age I've had to lighten up the pack to keep my milage up. Typically I hike about 15 miles a day. Presently I carry about 8 lbs base weight and my hips and knees are happy. Many THANKS to this site to discover ways to drop the weight. There are numerous trails close to home, Suquehannock Trail System STS, and often backpack the weekends right after work on Friday. Chris aka Hobbit
CityShinglehouse
StatePennsylvania
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Bell

Showing 121 - 130 of 167 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Forum » Thread

SOLD
Thanks for all the interest - tarp is sold.

In Gear Swap » MLD Grace Sil Tarp
March 21, 8:26am

MLD Grace Sil Tarp - SOLD
SOLD For Sale: Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Sil Tarp. Older version 3 tie outs per side and no line tensioners. $60 PayPal or money order PM if interested Thanks

In Gear Swap » MLD Grace Sil Tarp
March 21, 7:51am

SOLD - GG Lightrek™ 4 Trekking Poles - Matte Black
POLES ARE SOLD For Sale: Gossamer Gear Lightrek™ 4 Trekking Poles - Matte Black Regular Size Received this year and used just once on a day hike in February. Never installed the baskets....

In Gear Swap » GG Lightrek™ 4 Trekking Poles - Matte Black
March 21, 7:37am

Cherry Springs Vista
Forgot to mention, clock wise on the STS you'll cross Rt 44 at the old Fire Tower. Take the time to turn right and walk couple hundred feet down the paved Rt 44 to a parking area and look out ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Susquehannock Trail or the Quehanna Trail?
March 17, 5:09am

STS Website
I've yet to hike the Quehanna but I am active in the STC club that maintaines the STS trail. We just put together a website that provides quite a bit of info on the trail. It's still a wo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Susquehannock Trail or the Quehanna Trail?
March 16, 7:17pm

SOLD
Now Sold Thanks for all the interest.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD XP Large Quilt 7.5 oz insulation
March 07, 5:33am

New Price
New Price $150.00 shipped

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD XP Large Quilt 7.5 oz insulation
March 05, 2:37pm

More snow in the balmy south.
Greetings from the northern tundra of Potter Co PA. We had about 6 inches of snow and bare roads when the snow hit down there. Pretty mild here. My sister lives in Pittsburgh and described the s...

In Post-Trip Reports » Pittsburgh Wilderness
February 20, 9:06am

PM sent
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD poncho/tarp
January 16, 11:58am

pm sent
pm sent - thanks

In Gear Swap » FS: Cuben Fiber Tarp - $125 shipped
January 07, 10:30am

All Reader Reviews by Chris Bell

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
Great comfort when inflated somewhat soggy - about 10 puffs of air. The air channels are fairly pronounced "rounded" and you may be distracted by the feel of the "valleys" in betw...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 06, 6:35pm

Therm-A-Rest Pro-Lite 4
This is the warmest pad I have. I've slept plenty warm down into the 10 - 15 deg F range. Durable - I've used it directly on frozen ground without issues but certainly would not recommend it...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 06, 6:01pm

GoLite Ether Wind Shirt (Wisp HP)
I’ve been using a Golite Ether Wind Shirt since Fall 2007 mainly for wind protection and shedding rain/snow from my inner layer of 200 wt fleece. I’ve discovered this winter, when hiking, I can stay ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 29, 7:42pm