BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 121 - 130 of 581 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: check this one out
I'd use the toilet seat (remove the lid to lighten it up) that snaps on a 5 gallon bucket. Cut down the bucket to save weight. Dig hole, place bucket over hole, do your "business", ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: wilderness toilet
January 14, 12:21pm

Great ideas...
With 1/4 cup measurements I can guess the others well enough. Some really great ideas here (I knew there would be). I got one of those really light SS pots from Sierra Trading Post and I thin...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 14, 12:00pm

Measuring water
What does everyone use? I use mostly prepackaged meals that call for a very specific amount of water and don't really want to experiment with alternate amounts. Carrying a measuring cup seems...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 13, 4:48pm

Shoulders
I can't carry 5 lbs on my shoulders comfortably for an hour. In that time frame the muscles that connect your shoulders to your neck are killing me. I carry 90%+ of the weight on my hips.

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 13, 1:33pm

Big Sky inflatable pillow
"Just a couple of days ago I got a Big Sky inflatable pillow. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising." Be sure to let us know how it works for you. I am curious to know if y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question for fellow side sleepers
January 10, 10:34am

Pillow pocket
I've tried a "pillow pocket" on a BA sleeping bag and that didn't work for me, no where to put my arm...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question for fellow side sleepers
January 09, 3:52pm

Cost
Just curious what your material costs are so far.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG first down quilt: Karo Step
January 09, 3:07pm

Pillows
"That said, my biggest problem is getting my pillow to stay under my head." Let me know when you fix that in a lightweight way. So I can steal you idea! ;^)

January 09, 2:48pm

Typical gear sets
My $.25 (inflation). The categories could be somewhat useful as each category generally uses a different set of equipment. One example, in the heaviest category a tent is used, next we move to a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 09, 11:47am

Hip belt design
"many pack makers have designed their belts to articulate in the wrong plane which actually hurts comfort." What would the correct way be? I have no pre-conceived idea what the correc...

In GEAR » External pack frame flexibility.
January 09, 11:40am

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm