BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 121 - 130 of 595 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...60

Forum » Thread

Dave's not here.....
When I do that bit at work no one knows what I talking about! ;^) BTW, has anyone heard/read anything from saywer stating that using a small syringe to backflush is a bad idea. I have a really...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini Backflushing
January 30, 6:11pm

Maybe...
You can get some back, but water isn't going to do it. You need steam, the hotter the better. Apply steam liberally and then stretch it as much as possible. Then place on your form and stret...

In GEAR » Can wool that has shrunk be unshrunk?
January 30, 2:11pm

Re: Re: Why is having to blow up an air pad always treated like such a big deal?
In my case, it takes me at least 5 minutes to blow up a 20/72/2.5 inch pad. My wife can do it in 2 minutes. When I tried that thing that measures your max breathing rate I was way down toward the...

In GEAR » Sleeping pads
January 29, 11:56am

Rabid Bat
I forgot the time me and a buddy of mine were "dive bombed" by a rabid bat. We both swung our fishing poles as the bat reached us and hit it where our poles crossed. The bat was dead af...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Horror Stories
January 27, 5:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Gear swap practices
"Greed, it's what's great about America and the general Western mind set." "I have, for many years now, been frustrated at what is considered rampant greed in America...&q...

In GEAR » Gear Swap practices
January 27, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Are there any substantial downsides to having a pot lid with strainer holes?
"This higher pressure under the lid helps the water to boil at a lower temperature. Meaning sooner." Water boils at a higher temperature as the pressure goes up. Pressure cookers allo...

In GEAR » Are there any substantial downsides to having a pot lid with strainer holes?
January 27, 11:14am

Must just be me...
But the title of this thread caused the song "Walking around in women's underwear" to stick in my head! Thanks... ;^)

In GEAR » women wearing skirts
January 23, 11:41am

re: "Favorite "Budget" Item?"
"If I were going to spend a dollar before you dropped me out of an airplane into a random place on earth, I'd buy a bic lighter." +1 Or more than one if possible...

In GEAR » Favorite "Budget" Item?
January 22, 10:49am

Never on my shoulders
I don't like to carry even 5 lbs on my shoulders, it starts to hurt after awhile. I need something to transfer all of the weight to my hips, The shoulder straps are just for balance. With a ...

In GEAR » How many of you feel that a heavier framed pack carries light loads much better than a frameless?
January 21, 2:41pm

My f******* headlamp
And now I can't find it! And I'm planning a trip in a few days! Arg...

In GEAR » Backpacking gear you use at home
January 20, 4:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm