BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 121 - 130 of 568 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...57

Forum » Thread

New Balance Minimus 80
Just looking through new balances new line up at noticed the Minimus 80. It might be the answer for the complaints that the 110s and 1010s have too much Eva and not enough real sole. Has anyone c...

In GEAR » New Balance Minimus 80
March 24, 2:26pm

Email sent
Email sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Tachyon Anorak, XL
March 24, 1:11pm

Re: Options
I was hoping to use apex to avoid have to do any addition stiching on the body of the quilt. Apex allows you to just stich the perimiter which is far easier then Primaloft which I think you have t...

In Make Your Own Gear » shipping to Canada for Climashield apex
March 21, 9:54am

shipping to Canada for Climashield apex
I looked at through hiker and for 3 yards of apex they want $45 to ship it to canada. I have an email in to owfic to see how much they would charge. Any other alternatives for buying apex with ...

In Make Your Own Gear » shipping to Canada for Climashield apex
March 21, 6:21am

Re: Still going without tp?
Big fan of mosses, the best moss for tp comes right when you hit the treeline. I will wait to go until I find my favourite moss.

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 20, 11:23pm

Wind shirt
If you arent wearing your windshirt in this situation whats the point of bringing a windshirt? Slightly cold but not cold enough for a real layer and too warm for a rain shell. Personally I would...

In GEAR » Shirt for chilly mornings
March 19, 10:55pm

Re: Re: "Gear Swap Etiquette
"One thing I have noticed when doing business via PM on gear swap is a lot of folk never say hello or thank you." I think that is more a function of the terrible pm system. Its ...

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap Etiquette
March 19, 7:05am

Craigslist sleeping bags
If you can find lightly used synthetic sleepings bags on craiglist and determine the insulation type you can use it to make some MYOG quilts. A little heavier than buying apex but cheap. Lots o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gear Hacking Goodness : Duct Tape, Tyvek, Subway bags, and other magical materials
March 19, 7:00am

Thanks george
Thanks for your reasonable Canadian shipping and stocking all the liitle bits to fill out a ul kit. I am still using my grease pot and imusa mug which i couldnt find anywhere else.

In GEAR » E2E Giveaway Contest
March 18, 9:01pm

Enough to cover shipping
Might buy something on the 20% off sale. My dividend should cover the extra shipping charges.

In GEAR » REI Dividend Coming
March 18, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm