BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 121 - 130 of 559 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...56

Forum » Thread

Enough to cover shipping
Might buy something on the 20% off sale. My dividend should cover the extra shipping charges.

In GEAR » REI Dividend Coming
March 18, 8:58pm

Tarptent CloudBurst 3
I would cash out your REI dividend and go to tarp tent and buy a cloudburst 3. http://www.tarptent.com/cloudburst3.html. Rumoured price is around $300 and is 3lbs Its 62 x 86 which is a littl...

In GEAR » New Shelter(s)
March 18, 8:34pm

Bushwhack
I avoid bushehacking but as soon as I am above the treeline I like to roam and ridge walk. There is no feeling more free than off trail hiking above the tree line in alpine meadows. Most of the m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who bushwhacks? Why?
March 18, 7:38pm

Re: 3 season gear list
Phone, GPS, Camera are about a pound of electronics can you get a device that covers multiple of these applicatons. Camera phone etc. or if you have no cell service where you hike leave the phone ...

In Gear Lists » 3 season gear list
March 18, 7:26pm

Break into meal groups
I think it is easier to divide into teams of two or four to cook than cook one big meal. You need a big pot, a big stove or a big fire, lots of serving untensils etc. you need about a 5 gall...

In GEAR » Need a good meal for 25 people
March 17, 3:26pm

Montbell super stretch
Montbells super stretch series might work for you. They are designed to stretch throughout the length giving you girth where you need it. Some people really like them others think that the stre...

In GEAR » Pear body vs tapered sleeping bag
March 17, 10:39am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Packs
Well this whole thread has been rather strange. The original discussion seemed to be around a typical 1 week UL backpacking trip / thru kie and strayed from there. Of course you are going to use ...

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 17, 12:46am

VBLs
The first thing I would look inot are vapour barriers. If you are using down overtime your sweat condenses and freezes within the down and kills the loft of the garmet. A vapour barrier prevents ...

In GEAR » Gear for -20 to -50 degrees?
March 17, 12:37am

Re: Re: Packs
"But please Dan, tell us which packs can carry 50 lbs for a distance in comfort that weigh less than 3.5 lbs? Your Catalyst? Tee Hee" Doesnt Mchale himself make 3.5lb packs capable o...

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 17, 12:10am

Dont get what youre asking for
I dint think setting up categories for the condition of an item will make a difference. You are still relying on the seller to honestly evaluate his or her gear. So without adding a large beuracr...

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap Etiquette
March 16, 8:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm