Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 121 - 130 of 892 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...90

Forum » Thread

Bottom-Attaching Hipbelts
Good points Brendan about the Paradox pack. To be fair, I haven't had much experience with bottom-attaching belts, so there may be something I'm missing there. Though, from the little I gat...

In Make Your Own Gear » Chris Zimmer Pack for Heavy Loads
March 05, 10:35pm

Re: Re Clayon and David
Using Dave's system, you'll definitely get excellent weight transfer. I think my only concern would be the one you mentioned, the stiffness of the belt. While I haven't done any MYOG ...

March 05, 8:52pm

Re: Jeez
Very cool. Really digging it. I love my Porter, but I always keep toying around with the idea of having Chris do something up for me. Is the hipbelt removable? It looks like it is in the phot...

March 05, 8:23pm

Re: Re: Alcohol
Everclear. It's easy and burns clean. I don't have to worry about any toxicity either.

In GEAR » Caldera cone questions
March 01, 1:50pm

Re: REI Claus is Coming to Town!!!
Andrew, if you're concerned about durability, move up to the XTherm. The bottom fabric is really durable (even heavier than the current ProLite), and I have full confidence in it. My wife i...

In GEAR » REI Claus is Coming to Town!!!
February 23, 9:21am

Re: trekking pole length
I did a mock-up of the different sizes of the MLD 'mid shelters from the side to get a height/width comparison. From there, a little basic math got me the projected pole lengths with the inver...

In GEAR » New MLD SoloMid XL
February 20, 9:29pm

Re: Cuben XL Pics
Arn, what lengths are your poles set at?

In GEAR » New MLD SoloMid XL
February 19, 10:15pm

Re: Re: Air bag for inflation
Fair warning on the Instaflator--I have found them to be somewhat fragile. I have used one to the point of no longer being usable in about 20-25 inflations (though, in fairness, I could have been ...

In Make Your Own Gear » air bag for neoair
February 15, 11:42pm

Re: Caldera Cone Awesomeness
What does the cone weigh?

In GEAR » Caldera Cone Awesomeness
February 14, 6:57am

Re: Duomid
I have spent a few nights sharing a Duomid, and it was okay. But ultimately, I decided the center pole and the somewhat tight space were frustrating. So I started using a SS2 for two people. I&...

In GEAR » duomid with two people
February 10, 6:37am

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.