BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://dispatchesfromoutside.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 121 - 130 of 805 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...81

Forum » Thread

re: Ohm Frame
Mark, the Ohm does have a frame, and it's rather robust, even for being so light. It's a pretty ingenious system that has worked for a lot of people. Given that, Sean I think you'll b...

In GEAR » Does This Pack Fit?
July 28, 11:58pm

Re: Re: Re: My pack fit
Sorry--I wasn't clear enough. By "up" I meant in torso length, not up in the belt adjustment. In other words, I think you might do well with an extra 1.5" or so of torso length...

July 28, 11:19pm

Re: My pack fit
Sean, it doesn't look too bad--certainly doable if that's where it's most comfortable for you. Personally, though, I would move it up an inch and a half or so. Clearly, with the adj...

July 28, 8:57pm

Re: Exos
Wow. That might make me reconsider Osprey. I'd like to see the weights and the pack up close, but I'm fairly impressed so far. They look like they've removed a lot of (IMO) unnecessa...

In GEAR » New Osprey Exos Packs for 2014
July 28, 3:59pm

Re: Re PCT pack
Luke's hit the nail on the head. I prefer a more structured frame for heavier loads. Also, keep in mind you'll have to manage the bear can for some stretches of the PCT. Make sure you have ...

In GEAR » PCT backpack
July 28, 7:26am

Re: Re: Rings and things
Once, when camped along Granite Rapids in the Grand Canyon, I was putting on some sunblock and decided to take my wedding ring off because I hate to have sunblock gunk up my finger around it. My f...

In GEAR » Gear lost while backpacking.
July 27, 10:24am

Re: thanks
The best pants I have ever used are the Patagonia Rock Craft pants (successors to the Rock Guides). They are lightweight, fast-drying, and block mosquitoes. They're also somewhat slim-fitting...

In GEAR » Recommend a Light-fast drying-no zip off-pant for hot summer hikes
July 25, 2:13pm

re: Sarcasm
Ken, I fully get that you were being sarcastic. The others, not so much. Then again, maybe I missed it.

In Philosophy & Technique » I am BPL my hiking buddy is BPH
July 25, 9:11am

re: Inexperience and Smugness
I think a distinction needs to be made between the heavyweight backpacker and the inexperienced one. Just because most inexperienced people start out hiking heavy doesn't mean that heavy hiker...

July 25, 12:55am

Re: I am BPL my hiking buddy is BPH
My main hiking buddy packs really heavy. He keeps working to lighten up, but as much as he has left behind, he still carries a lot. He manages to have a 25-pound or higher base weight with a fair...

July 24, 9:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.