Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Fred eric (Fre49) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale France, vallée de la Loire
About Me Fred eric has not added a biography yet.
CountryFrance

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Fred eric

Showing 121 - 130 of 395 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...40

Forum » Thread

water bladder
I tried when i did the south part of the cape wrath trail to hike without a water bladder, i choosed a hike ( Scotland in april or may i dont remember ) for wich i shouldnt have too much sun , and...

In GEAR » Anyone move away from Water Bladders?
January 16, 12:30am

alpacka
"For a mere additional 6oz you can transform your hiking poles into a nice lake paddle" waiting on that one :)

In Packrafting » New Stuff @ Alpacka Raft! (o:
January 16, 12:26am

BPL hoodie
Bought one for my wife and me in december 2008 ( -40% sale back then :p ) Mine is still in great shape, my wife 's hoodie got a few holes, nothing bad but has seen a little more use too. I m...

In GEAR » BPL Beartooth Hoody Durablility??
January 14, 12:25am

41 c
My 1981 hp41c recently passed :( So i am using a 32s. But i prefered the 41

In Editor's Roundtable » 2010 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 29, 1:06am

best 2010 gear
Alpacka yukon yak + explorer and 2 sawyer paddle Enlightenned child kilt. golite shangri la 5 With those we had some nice outdoor week end with our just arrived son ( 4years)

In GEAR » Your Best Gear of 2010
December 28, 12:46am

inside your pot
As you dont mind it being inside your pack, then put it inside your cooking pot, it wont be crushed that way and no added weight.

In GEAR » protecting/not losing tiny gadgets
December 17, 2:05pm

melting snow
What is someting surprising is having a look at pot dimensions / theorical volume according to the maker. calculating this with water up to 1cm from max height gives : brand / theorical volum...

In GEAR » what size pot for melting snow (for 2)
December 17, 12:33pm

BPL 1.1 isnt big enough for 2 people
My wife and i have been using a BPL 1.1 pot for this for the last 3 winters. Its too narrow when on my primus spider, and not big enough when i use the bushbuddy for melting snow. I plan to buy...

In GEAR » what size pot for melting snow (for 2)
December 17, 8:25am

Fabric
Same fabric as the tipis from what i read on kifaru forum. But my english isnt good enough : i am not sure if its 2 layers or double thickness,

In GEAR » New Kifaru Pack - less then 3lbs, 5200 ci, will carry 100+ lbs!
December 12, 3:35am

Mld sale
I learned about it with Ron post on BPL forum. I even created a facebook profile to attend it ! I was secretly hoping for an inner net between the duo and supermid to fit in my shangri la 5, 2 pe...

In On the Web » Mountain Laurel Designs Funky Proto Sale 2010
December 11, 12:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Fred eric

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
After a few overnight with this pack ( he was too big , but i wanted to try it asap, planning for 2013 TGO ), i just did my first one week snowshoeing hike with it. - first as i have complained on ...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 03, 3:09am

Black Rock Gear Hadron
I ordered an XL Hadron, because the previous blackrock hat i had was a slightly tight fit in L. Evan questionned me by mail to check if i really needed an XL. I ended with a slightly larger than nor...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
September 15, 12:30pm

MLD Trailstar
After some week end uses ill give it a 5 as a 2 adults plus 4 year old son shelter. With a ground cloth and stakes i am at about 550+150+100= 800g for 2 1/2 people. I like the simplicity , no ve...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 04, 8:03am

Backcountrygear.com
I wanted some dry bags for packrafting and to try shipito I bought 2 POE pneumo ltw 50l the last model with rounded bottom They sent me the 2009 model with square bottom that was on sale on their w...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 13, 12:52am

PHD minimus down socks
sizing is strange, my wife feet are 5/38 so i ordered Small in fact i can use them and my feets are 10 /44. The loft is impressing, but due to the construction you have a lot below the feet and b...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 01, 6:18am

Watchful Eye Designs Aloksak
i usualy use a ziploc for my money, visa card and id card while hiking this time when i left for 3 weeks in Greenland i decided to use the small aloksak that was given me with some other purchase o...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 09, 2:16pm

Thru-Hiker.com
Had after thought and sent a mail to change order. 30 min after it i recieved answer and refund so i could redo order : Hello Frederic- No problem at all with regards to the order changes. I&#...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 10, 2:01pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
DR in the snow! Its a great lightweight 2 persons tent. First i like the headroom and 2 larges entries . My wife and i...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 9:36am

Garmin eTrex Legend
I bought one and only use it for snow hiking out of trails. Otherwise as i cannot hike close to my home, i dont hike often in the same place, so i wouldnt buy a 100€ map for only 5-6 days of use. ...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
December 11, 11:40pm