BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 121 - 130 of 4779 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...478

Forum » Thread

Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
If you poop by a waterfall you get rid of the evidence and have your bum washed at the same time. Now, that is LW and multi-use !!! Warning : if you see salmon jumping upstream, don't do it...

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 23, 6:30pm

Designing a perfect down vest
Colour should be what ever colour you like True that, however my preferred colour is not available in M90 so I guess no perfect vest for me but maybe something that is close enough... Life is tough.

In Make Your Own Gear » Designing a perfect down vest
January 23, 12:49am

Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
"i think the term "cameling up" gets used and misused too much. some people that say it think it means like Franco says and think they can "store" water" I have nev...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 22, 8:35pm

Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
"You are NOT a camel :)"* When I stated that a few years ago at White Blaze I was called an idiot ... My challenge there was very simple : have breakfast, drink 3 liters of water , the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 22, 6:40pm

Designing a perfect down vest
Full zip, half zip ? Low collar, high collar, no collar ? What colour ? Straight back,tail ? What kind of baffles ?

In Make Your Own Gear » Designing a perfect down vest
January 22, 2:33am

Montbell UL vs UL Tech down pants... significant weight difference..
Apart from the reinforced areas and the zippers the heavier ones also have pockets. The WM Flash are somewhat in between (in features) the two Montbell. Note that WM also has TWO types, the Fli...

In GEAR » Montbell UL vs UL Tech down pants... significant weight difference..
January 19, 2:35pm

MYOG tent pole design - Hubba Hubba owners help needed
It's because of the spreder pulling the pole apex down as well as the hubs pushing it up.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG tent pole design - Hubba Hubba owners help needed
January 15, 11:26pm

Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?
Rudy, I would think that doing that puts a lot of stress onto that pole tip, not something I would use if strog winds , particularly gusting winds, are a possibility. This of course if I unders...

In GEAR » Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?
January 14, 4:30pm

Measuring water
Going back to measuring... My pot holds 500ml at about 1cm from the top. Half of that is 250ml or 1 cup. so one quater of my pot is about 125ml or half a cup. All of the above are good enough fo...

In GEAR » Measuring water
January 13, 10:51pm

Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread
Its hot outside... The official (in the shade) temperature is 43c but I thought of taking the temperature in the sun in my front yard. At about 3:30PM having left there my watch,the mercury therm...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
January 13, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm