Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Alex Wallace (FeetFirst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Simple really; I enjoy getting lost in my local mountains and that's it. This site passes the time when I find my way back to the fluorescent lights, ugh. If you would like detailed, up-to-date information about the conditions in the Sierra, check out the true authority at: http://www.highsierratopix.com/
CityWest Sacramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://picasaweb.google.com/awallace1980

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alex Wallace

Showing 121 - 130 of 358 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...36

Forum » Thread

Re: 800 fp Sierra Designs Hoody $99 w free shipping
Thank you! I just passed this along to my friend, who has been waiting for a deal on a good down hoody, and he immediately placed an order.

In Gear Deals » 800 fp Sierra Designs Hoody $99 w free shipping
December 04, 12:34pm

white crud
No hate here for the lovely Sierra cement; simply a play on the term as it's used in the classic Tommy Boy movie. Mike Donnelly: Whoa, what happened to you? You fall into some mud or somethi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Northern California non-snow trips?
December 03, 5:57pm

South Yuba River trail
The South Yuba River trail is a great overnight trip when the mountains are covered in white crud: Just watch out for these guys:

In Pre-Trip Planning » Northern California non-snow trips?
December 03, 3:11pm

Re: Re: fall at Cache Creek
Yeah, the wildflowers really boom when things are warming up in spring, but it can also be a bit buggy (e.g. ticks, mosquitoes).

In Post-Trip Reports » Fall at Cache Creek
December 03, 10:50am

Re: Wonder why it hasnt been mentioned yet
"Any love for the OR Helium II?" I like, not love, mine. Generally, I hate rain gear though. It's a compromise at best. I snagged one for $59 last year so I guess I love it in that...

In GEAR » Lightest Fully Featured Waterproof Breathable Jacket
December 03, 10:30am

fall at Cache Creek
Thanks for sharing, Justin. The area looks wonderful during the fall. I've been down that trail numerous times, but always during spring. I actually thought about going there a couple of weeks ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fall at Cache Creek
December 02, 6:00pm

Hiker Hell - learn from others mistakes
Hiker Hell "Over four years ago, I read “Touching the Void” and I was always intrigued by situation hikers find themselves in and the incredible things they do to stay alive. This b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Man ties legs together, crawls for help
December 02, 5:17pm

Re: Black Diamond Infinity 60 medium
Free bump: I hiked with a film crew in Yose Valley who were all using these to hike the JMT north to follow a couple of sponsored guys who were scheduled to hike the entire trail while detouring a ...

In Gear Swap » Black Diamond Infinity 60 medium
December 01, 9:33pm

Re: Updates to the Porter
"Anyway I ordered a Porter 3400 customized with the heavier Cuban and the plastic frame sheet. I can let you know how it works out, I should get it by mid December." Can the frame shee...

In GEAR » Searching for a new pack
December 01, 9:07pm

Re: Searching for a new pack
Will HMG make a Porter pack in fabrics (e.g. Dyneema gridstop) other than their flagship Cuben fiber/polyester blend? If so, what's the cost? Similar question regarding ULA: will they make a...

In GEAR » Searching for a new pack
December 01, 7:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Alex Wallace

Alex Wallace has posted no reviews.