BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 121 - 130 of 400 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...40

Forum » Thread

updates to Gossamer Gear's Murmur?
Does anyone know if the following things have been tweaked on the 2012 Gossamer Gear 'Murmur' pack: - narrow space between the shoulder strap attachment points was irritating for some te...

In GEAR » updates to Gossamer Gear's Murmur?
December 11, 11:06pm

_
I think you guys are conflating a number of concepts here. A coordinate system, a projection, and a datum are all different things. I bet Bob Gross can help here. To answer the OP's questi...

In GEAR » GPS Question
December 09, 8:04pm

_
Raquel, I think you are confusing the two devices. An avalanche beacon does not do what a PLB does.

In GEAR » PLB advice needed
December 01, 8:28pm

low-mess ways to carry honey
What are some effective ways to pack honey so it doesn't leak and is low-mess to dispense?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » low-mess ways to carry honey
November 24, 11:20am

_
Same here, I find the R2 just too warm when moving.

In GEAR » Why the R1 over the R2?
November 12, 8:34pm

_
I saw those comments at Skurka's site too and thought them a bit off. Seems like an unnecessary focus on minutia. I know my knots and use them plenty but for guylines on my tarps the LineLo...

In GEAR » Any LineLoc3 failures/trouble?
October 20, 10:59pm

_
Good find James! Things to keep in mind about the Patagonia military (MARS) items: 1. They often show up for quite cheap on Patagonia's web specials clearance page. 2. The sizing is us...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Patagonia Houdini Special Edition Mars (Alpha Green with snap collar)
October 20, 8:35am

_
Weight?

In Gear Swap » Zimmerbuilt Pack
October 14, 9:51pm

_
Sir Mix-A-Lot called, he said you're just his type of hiker. I kid, I kid! The R1 is really warm and surprisingly heavy. Since you don't sound like a person who is naturally freezing...

In GEAR » Argh!!! R1 vs cap4 hoodies...
October 11, 9:03pm

_
Excellent, thank you Tom!

In GEAR » idea: quilt / sleeping bag hybrid?
October 08, 6:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.