November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 121 - 130 of 433 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...44

Forum » Thread

I will take the burn. Can send PayPal tonight.

In Gear Swap » FS: Packs from MLD, SMD, GG, and Osprey - new or like new...
April 03, 3:38pm

Mik, consider using a superlight less-than-wide mouth bottle but taking along a cut down Platypus to use as a scoop. I cut about 60% off the top of a 1L Platy, at a slight angle, and it makes a gre...

In GEAR » wide mouth plastic bottle options
April 01, 7:54pm

Max beat me to it. Google "SODIS". There are caveats. Due to required exposure time even in ideal environments I would consider SODIS an emergency/survival tactic. Not super useful for ...

In GEAR » Clear Nalgene or other water bottles + natural UV
March 25, 2:38pm

The new Garmin fenix is getting rave reviews for its functionality and GPS sensitivity. It has a built-in battery that is recharge-only. Can't beat the weight or form factor. Perfect if you don...

In GEAR » Rechargeable GPS
March 25, 7:59am

Another benefit of the MC2's mirror is that when opened flat it provides a nice longer straightedge for map work, though this is likely not needed if you're sticking to trails and not doin...

In GEAR » question on compass
March 20, 3:30pm

My experience is that a square or triangle shaped bottle really won't help much with the side-to-side sway. Water is dense, and the top bungie connection is high on the bottle, so the bottle w...

In GEAR » Square water bottle ~ 20oz? Anyone?
March 14, 5:24pm

Was more interested in what it looks like now that its been dyed. Kind of changes the 'mint' status.

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Burn
March 07, 8:33pm

Pics? Vintage (what year)?

In Gear Swap » FS MLD Burn
March 07, 6:26pm

Dale, how's the fit? Pati says "regular fit" but you know how that varies among their various designs.

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Down Sweater Full-Zip Hoody, Men's XL, Orange
February 27, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fire in the rain.
>James, he was referring to the video I posted, not the video in the main article. I know. That's why I posted what I posted.

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter Firebuilding Techniques (Video)
February 22, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.