BPL Community Profile

Simon Wurster (Einstein) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Big Apple
About Me Simon Wurster has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer 2010 Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Simon Wurster

Showing 121 - 130 of 255 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Jrb down hood new black $25, 2oz
I'l take the hood. Will send PM...

In Gear Swap » Jrb down hood new black $25, 2oz
November 04, 5:19am

Re: Patagonia R4 - Useful at all?
Only for 'round town, or maybe car camping, which means, at 24 oz. for an XL, it's generally not worth it unless you got it for free (like me--as a gift). And there are better alternatives ...

In GEAR » Patagonia R4 - Useful at all?
November 01, 7:40am

Re: High temp for wool?
For socks and boxer-briefs, it's year-round. For tops, when highs are above 50F, the wool stays home. Below 50, wool is sort of comfortable for me 'til the 30s, and below that I can't f...

In GEAR » High temp for wool?
October 31, 6:03pm

Long or Short Z-Lite?
Should I get the long and trim to the short length and save the leftover material for sit-pad/frame sheet/when-I-want-a-longer-pad; OR skip the long since the leftover material is too flimsy by it...

In GEAR » Long or Short Z-Lite?
October 10, 7:07am

Re: Bug Bivies: Outdoor Research v. Integral Designs v. Other?
Although there are lighter options, between the two I'd definately go with the Integral Designs BugaBivy simply because of the side zip entry. I could never figure out how to get into the OR bu...

In GEAR » Bug Bivies: Outdoor Research v. Integral Designs v. Other?
October 08, 5:37pm

Re: Re: FS: TiGoat Ptarmigan Bivy Net Hood and Side Zip
Hi Chris, Next in line Dave doesn't want it. Simon

In Gear Swap » FS: TiGoat Ptarmigan Bivy Net Hood and Side Zip
October 06, 8:02pm

Re: like it
I got mine at Ricky's, a local drug store here in NYC, found it in their travel section, but I don't see it on their website. They come in a three-pack for a couple of bucks, IIRC. I th...

In GEAR » MYOG Cuben + Sawyer Gravity system
September 27, 10:28am

Re: weight
The Prefilter with the carbon insert weighs 2 oz. Here are some pics: Prefilter with Bottle: Foam at Top of Bottle: Holes at Bottom of Bottle: Bottle attached to Prefilter

September 26, 9:21pm

Re: Charcoal + steripen
I made one out of a small spray bottle (removed the spray nozzle part) that fit perfectly beneath the Steri-Pen Prefilter. This bottle was the perfect diameter: not to tight and not too loose, plus...

September 26, 7:53pm

Re: FS Epic Bivy
Is it a side zip or shoulder zip? (interested in a side zip).

In Gear Swap » FS Epic Bivy
September 26, 7:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Simon Wurster

Simon Wurster has posted no reviews.