Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 121 - 130 of 858 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...86

Forum » Thread

Combat Gauze
1. I like the Adventure Medical kits, and use one as my base kit for modification/customizing. I like the light container, some of the gear it comes with and the price when one gets it on clearan...

In GEAR » Adventure Medical Kits
April 04, 8:03am

Re: Re: Drones and phones
Our Big 5 has RC helicopters that one controls from an Android or iPhone device. This is excellent, so that I can bring my quad-copter to the high country to reconnoiter campsites ahead or simply ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Drones and phones
April 04, 7:45am

Re: Re:Z-Lite/Ridgerest Sol questions
Reflective side toward you. Our son has a few seasons on a Ridgerest Sol and usually rolls it "green side out". His reflective side shows wear and is worn through on almost all the ri...

In GEAR » Z-Lite/Ridgerest Sol questions
April 04, 7:24am

Re: ABC Watch
Casio's Pro-Trek watches can be had with the solar feature and, if you're willing to forego the titanium shells, can go for nice, low prices on eBay. I picked up mine for a song that way ...

In GEAR » Suggestions on an altimeter or ABC watch.
April 03, 1:13pm

Re: Re: Sleeping Comfort
I am willing to carry what it takes to ensure I can sleep well. For me, this boils down to a thick air pad (currently a BA-insulated) and my "pillow", which is my down puffy, wrapped in ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Comfort
April 02, 2:29pm

Canister Stove
Sean, that Snow Peak kit is a nice one that will do you well. Based on your location, I can give you another reason you "like" the canister stove options out there: you can use them eve...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Eating on the Trail
April 02, 7:46am

98 gram group stove
I deal with groups cooking on canister stoves, all the time. I agree that you'll want a remote-canister and one that can support a wide pot or skillet. Some of the remote-canister stoves ment...

In GEAR » Recommend a canister stove? Group cooking...
March 30, 10:16am

The Novara is a decent bike
YES 1000, The Novara Big Buzz is a decent bike and one that you will enjoy riding. Although I would personally prefer to buy bikes at that level from a dedicated bike store, it's a fine cho...

In GEAR » Bi-Cylce from REI
March 30, 10:03am

Re: Fire Maple Jetboil Clone
Go to KOVEAUSA.com and you can get that from some nice folks in Los Angeles, California. Comes with granola and a hot-tub ticket, too.

In GEAR » Fire Maple Jetboil Clone
March 28, 12:55pm

Re: Canisters
I also find the BearVault "latch" marvelous and happy. I personally use either my finger or the back of my Baladeo pocket knife that's clipped in my pocket to push the latch. Most o...

In GEAR » Bearikades
March 28, 12:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.