Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dondo . (Dondo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me Dondo . has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://dondo1.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dondo .

Showing 121 - 130 of 1054 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...106

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 1.5" sensor
Thanks for the link, Ken. An almost APS-C sized sensor in a body only slightly larger than the G12. I'm impressed. This may well replace my Canon Rebel for use in the backcountry. Here's more.

In Photography » Pick me a camera
January 09, 12:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Pick me a camera
A 1.5" sensor would capture my attention. 1/1.5", not so much. We should all know on Tuesday.

January 06, 9:00am

Re: Pick me a camera
Another one to consider.

January 05, 8:19pm

Re: "Beer in a Can"
Anything new coming down the canning pipeline from your local breweries?. So far, I haven't carrier any beer into the backcountry, but my discipline may break down when this bad boy becomes...

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
October 23, 7:49pm

Re: Exped Synmat UL7
REI has a 20% off coupon for any full-priced item starting tomorrow. Ask your lovely wife for a $100 gift card and it's just about paid for.

In GEAR » Exped Synmat UL7
October 06, 8:20pm

Re: Re: Re: "Why don't A-holes drink quality beer?"
.....and in the all-important American IPA category, little Oskar Blues from Longmont, Colorado took silver for it's Deviant Dale's, an even more hopped-up version of Dale's Pale Ale. S...

In Philosophy & Technique » Why do A-holes drink light beer?
October 01, 7:47pm

Caribou Lake
We meet on a narrow trail etched into the side of the mountain. ” What’s up ahead?” “Caribou Pass. But there’s a fresh rock slide with loose rock blocking the trail. I made it...

In Post-Trip Reports » Caribou Lake
September 29, 7:43am

Re: Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Mummy vs. Exped Synmat UL 7
...retire to my lair to sleep like a fluffy hibernating chinchilla. That's exactly what you're going to do with your new pad, Craig. Having used the UL7 on all my trips since April, I ha...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Mummy vs. Exped Synmat UL 7
September 28, 7:35am

Re: malpais
It's currently headed SE for a further beating. (Let us know what happens Dondo.) Hi Dave, I'm thrilled to know that the malpais is heading my way, especially since I finished off my Vir...

In GEAR » Golite Malpais 7 oz shell
September 23, 8:56pm

Re: Re; Plant-based diet
Agreed, Dirk. I've looked into it, and have come to similar conclusions. And those who think that vegans are anemic 98# weaklings should get to know this guy.

In Chaff » ultralight revolver
September 23, 6:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Dondo .

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Nice review, Mitchell. After our discussion here about this bag back in April, I had a serious hankering after this bag. I really had no need of another bag and managed to resist until the Memorial ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 8:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Mine fit well. Size 10 slips right over a thin pair of wool socks and my size 9.5 feet. They are comfortable inside my trail runners and do what they claim to do--keep my feet warm and dry in wet, col...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 27, 8:01pm

Pacer Poles
Here's something I just posted at the Editor's Roundtable forum. It occured to me that it belongs here as well. Heather, here's something I posted on the TLB general discussion forum a...

In Trekking Poles
December 12, 8:28pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
This is the book I recommend to friends and folks I meet on the trail who are interested in going lighter. It's fun, unpretentious, and lays out the basic ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Do...

In Books and Media
November 23, 8:15am

Eastern Mountain Sports
Craig, good news. The last EMS store in Colorado closed a few months ago so no more tax for you. It was two miles away from my home in Denver and I miss it but I'll admit that I took full advantage o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 21, 9:20pm