BPL Community Profile

Joseph R (Dianoda) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Chicago, IL
About Me After lugging around 45lbs+ through a Nat'l Park or two, I decided UL was the way to go and haven't looked back. URL is to my Geargrams list for most of my 3-season trips. My other hobby is photography, if the destination is worth it, then add 1 to 7lbs to my base weight for camera gear. In case you were curious, my profile avatar image is Buck (aka 9 mile) Creek of the High Sierra Trail in Seki NP.
CityChicago
StateIllinois
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3859

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joseph R

Showing 121 - 130 of 271 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: compressibility/ packability of wool
Have you looked at Icebreaker's RealFleece line? Most of the line uses 260g/m2 weight fabric, which is naturally lofted and supposedly insulates like the 320g/m2 - if you are set on merino, it&...

In GEAR » compressibility/ packability of wool
April 25, 2:08pm

Re: Big Agnes Clearview Sample Pad $25
Nice. At $25 bucks they're practically disposable. And lightweight to boot.

In Gear Deals » Big Agnes Clearview Sample Pad $25
April 25, 10:10am

Stoic Non-Stick Ti Pot Set - 1.6L + 1.3L - $58.99 plus shipping @ SteepandCheap.com
I'm tempted to pick up this set for a group trip to Olympic NP in August. Weight is 317.5g for the set. Here's a link to them @ Backcountry.com: http://www.backcountry.com/stoic-ti-1.6l-...

In Gear Deals » Stoic Non-Stick Ti Pot Set - 1.6L + 1.3L - $58.99 plus shipping @ SteepandCheap.com
April 24, 12:29pm

Re: Re: Golite BL-1
I'm pretty sure the BL-1 became the Manitou Hiking Shirt - they are about same weight and are constructed from the same materials. http://www.golite.com/Ms-Manitou-Longsleeve-Hiking-Top-P46...

In GEAR » Long sleeve shirt for SOBO PCT 2012 hike!
April 23, 7:52pm

FYI - Neoair Xtherm now online @ REI
Only the regular size is in stock, and the size I'd actually like to buy (small) isn't even listed yet. No biggy, as I'm holding out for the next member 20% off coupon anyways... ht...

In GEAR » FYI - Neoair Xtherm now online @ REI
April 23, 2:15pm

Re: anyone have any experience w/ the BD Ultra distance poles (or any of their z poles)
I've had the distance z-poles (aluminum, 120cm) for about a year now, and I've brought them with on every trip since I got them, so they've seen a fair amount of use. As trekking poles...

In GEAR » anyone have any experience w/ the BD Ultra distance poles (or any of their z poles)
April 20, 10:31pm

Re: Pls help! Anyone have a spare STP 40% or more code to share?
Hi Vanessa, If you sign up for the dealflyer promotion emails you'll start getting coupons emailed to you every couple of days. I think the quality of coupons increases the more you spend at ...

In Gear Deals » Anyone have Sierra Trading Post 35% coupon?, help!
April 20, 4:31pm

Re: RS 1+
Thanks for the update on the RS 1+ quilt - I just ordered one and a few of the trail run shirts as well. At the price I paid w/ coupon, it's the perfect piece to let my new-to-backpacking cous...

In Gear Deals » Crazy Golite Sale
April 20, 2:37pm

Re: Re: I had one
Edit: double post!

In Gear Deals » POE Peak Elite AC
April 20, 12:05pm

Re: I had one
I also have one of these pads - it's been on 5 trips and developed leaks at least 3 times. I've always babied it in handling - always used it with a bivi or some kind of groundsheet on soft...

In Gear Deals » POE Peak Elite AC
April 20, 12:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Joseph R

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Rab Xenon Jacket
The Rab Xenon (Spring '11) is a lightweight, well-featured synthetic insulation puffy jacket - my men's medium comes in at just under 10.4oz (294.3g - this is unmodified weight less retail tag...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
September 29, 2:55pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Love it. I use a silk liner and wear a 200 weight merino beanie to sleep almost regardless of temperature to help keep the bag clean. Additionally, with said liner and beanie plus lightweight basela...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 16, 1:07am

Rab Infinity Down Jacket
Update 3/15/2012: I found a great deal on this jacket and took the plunge once again, this time for keeps, and have also revised my score from a 4 to 5. Why the change of heart? Well, a lot can ch...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 28, 4:31pm