BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 121 - 130 of 491 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: 5-day Grand Canyon - decisions
FWIW, you don't need a double-wall tent in the Canyon. In fact, you rarely need a shelter. I take a tarp that I put up maybe one night out of 8. If you just prefer sleeping in a shelter for ...

In Gear Lists » 5-day Grand Canyon - decisions
March 23, 9:51pm

Re: Canteens
Say hi if you see us. We're easy to identify -- short asian mom and 14yo son. :) I hear the spring melt is on and that the LCR is starting to run high and brown up in Cameron. It'll prob...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Questions for you Escalante Route/Grand Canyon Experts
March 22, 8:23pm

"Rum runner" flasks
I've been using these "rum runner" containers for a long time. They're marketed toward the cruise boat crowd for sneaking liquor onboard. I've used them for all sorts of thin...

In GEAR » Platy 1L SoftBottle vs PlusBottle?
March 22, 5:45am

Re: Water filter options
My son and I will be on the Escalante the first week of April as well! You can check the color of the Colorado from the eastern viewpoints (Lipan, Moran, etc.) before heading down. If it's ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Questions for you Escalante Route/Grand Canyon Experts
March 17, 8:07pm

Re: anorak
I modified the "Rainier Wind & Rain Suit" pattern by Green Pepper. I used the pattern for the hood, with minor modifications to the drawstring casing, and the raglan sleeves. I chan...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sunday projects... rain jacket, layover pack, pillows
March 16, 6:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Pack Shape
>> Second, they hug that bottom piece nice and tight, the concave of your lower lumbar. While I'm sure some people prefer this, I don't agree that it's the "best" or...

In GEAR » Pack Weight
March 16, 1:49pm

Re: Minimal foodstuffs
>> I don't know if I'm making this up or not, but i had heard that women do a much better job than men of using calories efficiently during extended endurance activities.... That&#...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Minimal food
March 16, 11:58am

Re: Re: Re: Awesome packs!
@dk, I used the 3D Mesh from thru-hiker, which is mesh backed with very light fabric (actually a really fine mesh). I edged it using 3/4" grosgrain tape.

March 16, 11:49am

Re: Just had Zimmerbuilt make a couple of custom kid's packs - check them out!
>> In a couple of months I'll be taking my 8 and 9 year old boys on their first "real" backpacking trip. << OK, don't get me wrong, I think they look GREAT. And if...

In GEAR » Just had Zimmerbuilt make a couple of custom kid's packs - check them out!
March 16, 11:44am

Re: Awesome packs!
Thanks. Construction is really simple -- front, sides and bottom are one piece of fabric. I just mitered the corners to create a box. Total volume is about 7L. Shoulder strap is one piece, more ...

March 16, 11:26am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.