BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 121 - 130 of 506 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: UL shovel mandatory?
Might help if you identify what "campfire permit" you're referring to.

In GEAR » UL shovel mandatory?
May 04, 7:18am

Re: Health Care
>> one of the consequences is that when situations lie this occur insuance companies require law suits to recoop their costs +1 I broke an ankle while on a friend's boat and my insu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
May 03, 10:34am

Re: Favorite wide pot?
1L UL hard anodized pot from the Trangia 25-series. Good price (though sometimes tough to find) but no lid (made one from a cheap pie tin.) 2L and 0.75L hard anodized set with lids from Four Dog...

In GEAR » Favorite wide pot?
May 01, 11:57am

Re: Re: The weight "cost" of an expensive iPad?
@Josh... what an interesting attitude. But if you're able to backpack with your iPad day in and day out in just a freezer bag without ever damaging it then my hat's off to you. I basicall...

In GEAR » ipad
April 19, 12:08pm

Re: Bugs in MI
I pretty much agree with Jennifer. We've had *challenging* mosquito and black fly weekends in the UP in June but we survived and the tradeoff was having the place to ourselves. I had one bad ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bug Season in Michigan
April 18, 6:43pm

The weight "cost" of an expensive iPad?
For those of you who hike with expensive electronics, like an iPad or iPhone, how much of a weight hit do you take in making sure it's protected? Do you pay for insurance? I have to have re...

In GEAR » ipad
April 18, 1:05pm

Re: Favorite Hard Anodized Al Pots, solo, 2p and 3-4p group?
Good idea. I've been turning more and more to HA over Ti lately; comparable weights, durable and so much cheaper. I have this set from Four Dog Stove. It looks exactly like the Open Countr...

In GEAR » Favorite Hard Anodized Al Pots, solo, 2p and 3-4p group?
April 18, 12:55pm

Maybe not "stupid" but...
Not sure it would be fun... but it's your hike. It takes me about 3 hours to hike down SK with a 20+lb pack. I think 2 hours at a good clip would be a reasonable goal. Unless you're us...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon -- Rim to River to Rim in August Is this Stupid
April 16, 3:30pm

Re: ipad
I carry a Kindle, the smallest (and cheapest) one. Weighs a little over 5oz with a protective sleeve I made out of Lawson's 1/8" foam pad and silnylon. Batteries last forever. My base w...

In GEAR » ipad
April 16, 10:46am

Re: Stoic
My son has the Stoic Hadron, I have the Montbell Down Inner. His Hadron is warmer. Both use rather delicate fabrics but if you're just using it around camp like we do, it's probably n...

In GEAR » The most versatile hooded Montbell down jacket? I need BPLs advice.
March 27, 1:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.