Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 121 - 130 of 2906 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...291

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Victorinox parer and kydex sheath..
"Anyone know what sort of tang is inside the Victorinox paring knife?" You could place it in your carry-on luggage, then look at the x-ray screen at the TSA station. Look quick, becau...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » unltralite knife
February 09, 10:07am

Re: proportional?
>"Because there's that much less *stuff* to discuss." +1 I not a SUL naysayer. I appreciate those on the bleeding edge. They make me feel fat, happy & lazy with my 8 to...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Why is this forum so inactive?
February 09, 10:02am

Re: Stick to the South Island
>"but if I were to go back again (especially for anything less than a month) I would spend all of my time on the South Island. " +1 You look at the country on a map and think, &q...

In Pre-Trip Planning » New Zealand! Need suggestions
February 08, 10:42pm

Re: Re anonymous posters
It doesn't annoy me or keep me up late at night. I guess I'm just too worried about wars and civil rights violations and cleaning up toxic waste sites. When I get those figured out, I mig...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » anonymous posters
February 08, 8:25pm

I have the same 3 pieces of advice for you...
Yeah, I'm fuzzy on where you camp in each scenario - Phantom Ranch? Cottonwood? Inquiring minds want to know. June is marginally less stupid than July or August (I've done them all). ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » R2R mid-June South to North
February 08, 8:08pm

Re: Hiking with organ transplant.
>"YMMV" +1

In Philosophy & Technique » Anyone who has received an organ transplant willing to share their trail tips?
February 08, 7:51pm

Re: Trail Work Thread
First of all, "Thank you for your service!" I always say thanks when I meet workers along the trail because I am so aware of how very very much tougher and shorter my hikes would be if n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trail Work Thread
February 08, 2:00pm

Re: Anyone who has received an organ transplant willing to share their trail tips?
Welcome Patrick, I've still got all my own parts (except for one bit that was sliced off the day I was born), and it's my wife, not me, that manages patients with transplants, however: ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Anyone who has received an organ transplant willing to share their trail tips?
February 08, 1:43pm

Re: Popping Corn as alternative
This is screams, "Doug!"

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 07, 8:46pm

Re: Vest filled with rice
Or try an electric seat. It makes a huge difference in a car (says the guy who drove 90 miles at -20F without a heater core). 12-volt ones for car seats are maybe $40. Heating pads are cheap. Ele...

In Make Your Own Gear » Vest filled with rice
February 06, 11:33pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.