Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 121 - 130 of 3126 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...313

Forum » Thread

But that's only the Rim
>"It snowed (on the rim), and I was really glad that I had my windshirt and down hoodie." This March, it was 19F on the Rim, so it was a little cool, even for Alaskans, in shorts. ...

In Gear Lists » Gear List -- Grand Canyon May 2015
May 13, 3:49pm

Small stuff
Okay, on the platy plain bladders, it's a wash and they pack down nicely when empty. I saw "Hydration, Platypus Big Zip 3L" at 6 ounces and that seemed heavy but your footnote says y...

May 13, 3:39pm

Northern WA and BC.
>"I believe predatory black bears are somewhat more common in Canada" There does seem to be a regional difference in black bear behavior in the Northern Cascades and on into BC bein...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 13, 3:14pm

Re: Re: Re: ‘The bear hunted him': B.C. camper killed by black bear didn’t stand a chance
>"I'm curious how much alcohol may have been involved" J&A: that was one of my thoughts, too. Alcohol or some other recreational substance. It's still tragic for the f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » ‘The bear hunted him': B.C. camper killed by black bear didn’t stand a chance
May 13, 3:10pm

Re: Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
For reasons of marital harmony, I don't hunt. However, I do serve as a porter and cook on hunting trips and that earns a share of the meat (P.S. Spring black back, which walks on four legs and...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 13, 3:01pm

Re: Gear List -- Grand Canyon May 2015
Jim, I'll be harsh. Grand Canyon in mid May? Why so many warm clothes? Were you ever wearing them all at once? I really doubt it. Yeah, as you've noticed, the Sundries, E-kit an...

May 12, 11:05pm

Re: Perspective
Craig, I agree that Ryan has been dog-piled rather a lot for taking his daughter out fishing with him. And, yes, the tone of some posts were more attacking than offering helpful suggestions (al...

In Fishing » Quick Tenkara Trip
May 12, 11:45am

Re: Re: Help Me Lighten my Load
>"Do you have a lighter or matches for when the piezo igniter fails?" Good point, Ken, something I considered when I saw the piezo lighter on the stove. Yes, he does list a lighter...

In Gear Lists » Help Me Lighten my Load
May 12, 8:41am

Re: Gold Pan
Makes a great dog dish for water or dog food. Emergency snow or sand scoop. Short of a bucket, you could move more water for dousing a campfire or (very small) wildfire with a gold pan than a...

In Multiple Use Gear » Gold Pan
May 12, 12:16am

Re: Re: Re: Help Me Lighten my Load
Brain fart. SAK classic at 21 grams is 0.75 grams. That stuck in my head. BRS-3000T at 25 grams is actually 0.88 grams. My bad.

In Gear Lists » Help Me Lighten my Load
May 11, 5:34pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.