BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 121 - 130 of 2467 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...247

Forum » Thread

Re: Kestral Minimalist weights with cut-down sheath
>"Personally, I'll be passing on the $110 Kestral" 13 grams is impressive, for sure. So is $110. I focus on grams when I'm backpacking (and a SAK Classic is plenty) but ...

In GEAR » 13g knife
July 14, 2:25pm

Re: Re: Location in Bay Area
>"We outgrew Point Reyes." Gotcha. A victim of your own success.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
July 07, 1:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: What gear makes you happy?
Bob, Nope, I didn't know that. I've heard they don't come that way in other countries, but all the ones I've seen have the little guard near the sparker wheel. They are easy to p...

In GEAR » What gear makes you happy?
July 07, 1:56pm

Re: Re: What gear makes you happy?
>" a mini BIC lighter --B.G.--" Which I'd tweak to "a mini BIC lighter with the child-safety guard removed". For snow camping, I'll splurge and bring a full-siz...

In GEAR » What gear makes you happy?
July 07, 1:18pm

Location in Bay Area
Just to throw another idea in the mix: Coast Camp at Point Reyes. I've brought 35-40 people to that group camping area in the 1990's and we'd out-gear-geek BPLs, at least in tonnage (b...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
July 07, 1:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Seriously People.....
Sarah, it sounds like a horrible experience, far more invasive, long-lasting and less resolved than the various times I've had IDs stolen, credit cards compromised, funds wrongly transferred fr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Car Keys?
May 14, 8:04pm

Re: "Car Keys?"
Dena: But it's a big state. There are absolutely trailheads in the Anchorage Hillside and along Turnagin Arm where I'd be much more careful about car keys and, more so, leaving a car after...

May 14, 7:35pm

Re: OK umbrella peeps...let me have it!
I really like my Chrome Dome for minimizing solar exposure. But I still need a bandana or hat or sunscreen for sunny, windy stretches. I like the Chrome Dome even more for staying cool. Full s...

In GEAR » OK umbrella peeps...let me have it!
May 14, 3:50pm

Re: Re: Re: "So why do the Bedouin wear black in the desert?"
My physicist BIL pondered my Chrome Dome which is silvered on top and black on the inside. While the silvering on top helps keep the umbrella temperature down, the black underneath radiants more o...

In GEAR » Clothing for desert hiking
May 14, 3:37pm

Re: Seriously People.....
We're on pretty different pages, and that's okay. HYOH, Lock your own door. >Who leaves a key outside their home?? I've never done that. I don't either. The door is unloc...

May 13, 11:08pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.