BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 121 - 130 of 2584 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...259

Forum » Thread

Works for me.
Those nylon work-out pants with a mesh lining have a lot going for them. They're not my favorite, most versatile long pants in the woods*, but I've bought them for my kids and would re...

In GEAR » Pair of junky secondary pants?
August 29, 4:32pm

Re: Re: Re: BPL always satisfies
Regarding your new user name, "Ian Destroyer of Forums": You now owe me two paper towels and a bit of Windex so I can clean up my computer screen. TMI: it was burrito components. ...

In GEAR » is a knife a non-essential item?
August 29, 4:17pm

Fluxring Helios 3L dimensions
EJ: You also wanted dimensions. OD of main pot: 8 5/8", 219mm height of total pot, including HX, no covers: 4 3/8, 110 mm The max dimension of the pot - the diameter where the handle...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Group cooking
August 28, 11:11pm

Re: +1 HE pot; Weight of Fluxring Helios 3L? Re: HX pots
EJ: Weights (oz/g) of Pot only 13.1 / 373g plus black plastic lid: 15.8 / 449 plus black lid and orange HX protector: 18.7 / 530 g

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Group cooking
August 28, 6:38pm

Rafting Conditions
>"The flash flood is a bit scary, not something I would have expected in Alaska. " Yeah, Alaska went full Alaska on the Kopisch boys that month. Rainfall in Interior Alaska was 340...

In Post-Trip Reports » Traversing the Brooks Range – A Father-Son-Son Adventure
August 28, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Scenerios
Andy: Really, try a little wax paper some day. It's an impressive fire-starting trick. In my area, with our trees, absolutely, I can strip 1/2" to 1" diameter branches barehand...

August 28, 6:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: is a knife a non-essential item?
"1. By avoiding the situation." How would you avoid the situations? Read Manfred's Brooks Range trip report. Sometimes, the right response is to change plans. But yeah, stuf...

August 28, 1:47pm

Re: Re: Scenerios
Justin: I would definitely go for the driest branches low on the tree. I find they snap off just fine (of the Black Spruce we have up here). I agree that a serious knife could be helpful, but for...

August 28, 1:44pm

Scenerios
1. You're in a forested area. High temperatures are in the upper 30's (F/slightly above freezing). It's been raining nearly constantly for 4 days, and continues to rain. While attemptin...

August 28, 1:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: is a knife a non-essential item?
For all the what-ifs that theoretically could arise that require a 1 ounce knife (and the far fewer, but infinitely more dramatic situations that would require Crocodile Dundee's knife), there ...

August 27, 10:35pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.