Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chris Lucas (ChemE) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SC
About Me Chris Lucas has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbia
StateSC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListSUL 3-Season Full Comfort

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Lucas

Showing 121 - 130 of 256 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Cuben tent/bivy floor
I mostly think so as well but people I trust like Joe have stated that they feel that the spectra helps with abrasion resistance. I don't know about abrasion but I can believe that it helps wi...

In GEAR » TerraNova Ultra 20 cuben backpack
January 03, 12:44pm

Very Interesting!
And I'm pleased to note that Quest states a weight of 0.69 oz/yd² and my calculations predicted 0.68 oz/yd²! I think this would be the ideal material for a tent floor.

January 03, 6:26am

We Need NEW Cuben
I've spent a great deal of time deconstructing Cuben Fiber numerically to work out the weight of the mylar film and the spectra fibers in isolation from one another. Luckily CT publishes very ...

January 03, 6:06am

Back to the Original Subject?
Here is another vote for the Mont-Bell Extremely Light Down Jacket. Mine in a men's small weighs a scant 4.8 ounces and is both shockingly compressible and light. I love it! Gossamer Gear ...

In GEAR » Your Best Gear of 2010
December 30, 1:56pm

M50/Cuben Bivy + Cuben Tarp?
This suggestion is outside the scope of your original question but would you be better off (lighter is what I really mean) using a M50/CT0.3K.08 bivy in addition to a CT0.3K.08 tarp? Combined they...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightest Breathable Waterproof Material?
December 29, 9:32am

Momentum 50
I think M50 is the current champion. Cubic Tech claims that they are working on a breathable version which does have the capacity to trump M50 but it isn't a product as of yet. In case you mi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightest Breathable Waterproof Material?
December 28, 1:35pm

TrailLite Designs CloudKilt by ZPacks
You can shave 2 easy ounces off your ULA Rain Wrap by replacing it with a TrailLite Designs CloudKilt from ZPacks. Joe mentioned to me yesterday that he is planning on offering them in CT2K.08 thi...

In Gear Lists » Theoretical AT Gear List
December 28, 6:53am

Me Too
Yeah, they must be blowing smoke because they never got back to me either.

In Make Your Own Gear » Everest 5 Denier Fabric?
December 26, 5:54pm

Thanks!
Paul is the man! Good to know that nanoseeum is (0.72±0.01) g/yd².

In Make Your Own Gear » Bonded Cuben Fiber / Momentum 50 Bivy
December 24, 7:41am

Wow!
Great post Henk! You've given me a lot of new ideas to think about.

In Make Your Own Gear » Bonded Cuben Fiber / Momentum 50 Bivy
December 23, 3:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Lucas

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
So Santa brought me a men's small for Christmas. The fit for me is perfect. I'm 5'6" 130 pounds and typically wear a 14.5 32-33 dress shirt. I have full range of motion in this siz...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 25, 3:16pm

Patagonia Capilene 1 T-Shirt
Men's Size small: 114 grams Dries completely in a few hours and is very soft and comfortable. Of course, since it is synthetic it stinks to high heaven after two days of light use.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
June 12, 9:39am