Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 121 - 130 of 2141 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...215

Forum » Thread

Re Eric
Eric I attached snowshoes to mine once using a separate piece of webbing around the pack. Because the straps are so thin I'd be a bit concerned about tearing them out if you put something real...

In Editor's Roundtable » Exped Lightning 60 Review
May 14, 1:15pm

Re Exped Lighting 60
Hamish Old weights if I recall were 35 oz for the 45 liter version and 38 for the 60 liter version. Mine weighs 38 oz on my scale. I just checked the current website and you're right it is 4...

In Editor's Roundtable » Exped Lightning 60 Review
May 14, 11:28am

Weather and Griz
I'd probably work my way down into the trees a bit too. If I'm that close to the treeline I figure I might as well spend an extra 10 minutes and get down where I'm safer if a storm blo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you setup camp in this picture
May 12, 5:26pm

What is Minimalist
I think Ryan Jordan had it right when he divided such shoes into "Barefoot" and "Minimalist." Barefoot shoes would be VFF, Trail Gloves etc. basically the thinnest and least pa...

In GEAR » Vibram settles lawsuit over FiveFingers health claims
May 11, 1:22pm

Re Re Solo vs Group Think
My closest call in the backcountry was a kayak trip I never should have taken. I assumed my idiot friend leading the way knew what he was doing. He didn't and he led us into some scary rapids...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rational Solo Fear
May 10, 4:53pm

Synthetic
My summer bag for humid weather is an 11oz synthetic quilt. I've gone a bit under 40 with it by using a puffy down vest and warm hat. I'd look into a cheap quilt or try making your own. ...

In Gear Lists » 1st post plus Tentative Gear List
May 10, 4:34pm

Great Place
I love Lost Creek. When its a bit warmer try the other loop over McCurdy Mountain starting from Lost Park. It has about 4-5 miles above treeline with nice views of Pike's Peak and South Park....

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Wilderness 5/6-8/2014
May 10, 10:05am

Camera
Just curious what kind of camera setup you are using for that footage. Your footage is noticeably crisper then some trip footage I've seen.

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking across Kodiak Island, Alaska
May 07, 9:02pm

Re sizing
Thanks Kevin, a 22 inch frame would work quit nicely for 95% of my trips. I'm definitely going to take a look at Dave's and see what I think.

In GEAR » Paradox Unaweep
May 06, 5:38pm

Re New Ultralight Bear Canister. Only 7.4 ounces
Ian I think the moral thing to do is pray for folks like Mitchell... Something along these lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNMyPt3I8Fw But being ULers I think we should pray his Cuban...

In GEAR » New Ultralight Bear Canister. Only 7.4 ounces!
May 06, 5:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.