BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 121 - 130 of 2082 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...209

Forum » Thread

Re overnighter
Jeff two ideas. First get the little guy a pocket knife (do NOT ask Mom, remember it is easier to get forgiveness then permission). He'll love being able to carve a stick up. Second if fires...

In Post-Trip Reports » Quickie - first of the 2014 season
April 06, 7:26pm

Re Re School Spending
I don't know how school funding compares to past decades but I teach in a Title 1 school so I know a few things about education. Its a complete myth that our schools are under funded. We ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Perils of stealth camping, hiking, or even jogging in the US
April 06, 7:14pm

A place for heavy packs
I just got back from another trip in the Guadalupe Mountains with an Exped Lighting. At 38 oz its on the heavy side but its the pack I keep grabbing. I have a 28 oz pack but I never take it to th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paradox Packs Evolution pack system review
April 06, 5:59pm

First rule of packs, fit, fit and FIT
I've tried lots of packs and found getting a perfect fit is tricky. If it fits then that is a strong argument in its favor. That said I'd be tempted to try out the new packs by Six Moons ...

In GEAR » ULA Catalyst vs. ???? for a solo JMT thru hike
April 03, 11:20pm

Bump
I'd be willing to give someone a nice discount if they were interested in any two of these packs. Its would save the expense and hassle of a mailing.

In Gear Swap » F.S. Customized Zimmerbuilt Pack
April 03, 4:56pm

Re Re Plastic Frame Sheet
Yes my understanding is its just between the stays. All HMG Porters have a foam pad across the whole back of the pack. Its really hard to tell the difference between those with the plastic and tho...

April 03, 5:30am

Re Does this Author Hate Zpacks
David has only been a Gossamer Gear ambassador for a short while. He was using rugged packs way before that. The arc blast is definitely a cool design but its not the most durable in the world ac...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Grocery Sack Grows Up: A Genealogy of the Modern Ultralight Backpack
April 02, 10:09pm

Plastic Frame Sheet
The plastic frame sheet is sewn into the pack so its non-removable. The pack has twin aluminium stays that can be removed and bent to fit your own back. Between the frame stays the plastic frame s...

April 02, 3:09pm

Prices Lowered on HMG Porter and Zimmerbuilt Packs
Lowered the prices a bit. Now HMG Porter for $270 Zimmerbuilt Orange Pack for $165 Zimmerbuilt Black and Red Pack for $250

April 01, 5:36pm

Re Porter
Good catch Philip the Porter is size Large, not sure why I said "Long"

April 01, 8:05am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.