Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Cockrell (CAL-EE-FOR-NIA) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley, Lodi-Stockton, CA
About Me Michael Cockrell has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Joaquin County
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Cockrell

Showing 121 - 130 of 137 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

Bivy Sack-vs-tarp
Would a tarp & bivy be best? Seems overhead shelter is important. Maybe a tarp & light bivy?

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Winter Emergency Bivy Sack
December 02, 2:54pm

Re: MISO Too much sodium
Agreed on the Miso soup packets. I too was camping with them, then looked at the Nutri list: WOW! "BAM!" "SWOOSH!" Afraid my internal system would dry up and blow away...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Ramen thread: How do you like yours?
November 23, 2:16pm

Katadyn Pocket webpage
Here is the Katadyn company "Pocket" webpage. Clearly shows their continued support. http://www.katadyn.com/usen/katadyn-products/products/katadynshopconnect/katadyn-water-filters-e...

In GEAR » Katadyn Pocket
October 14, 10:28am

Pocket statement by Katadyn
Prior to buying mine, I talked to Katadyn support staff. She said the Pocket was their main unit, and that they had no plans to stop production. She also used the unit. Mine was purchased in May.

In GEAR » Katadyn Pocket
October 13, 3:38pm

REI
I just wonder on down the street to my local REI, walk in and pick them up near the other water treatment supplies. Sure to "accidentally" find other items of "need-vs-want" ...

In GEAR » MicroPur Tablets - Best Source?
September 26, 5:59am

Food ideas
The real bad thing about these food posts, and Laura's comments . . . is that you keep waking up in the night . . . just thinking about that meal ya'r going to make, and how nice, warm,...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best powdered milk?
September 09, 3:43pm

Soy-vs-milk-rice
Your right about choices. I have used the powdered rice from a sample packet, just prefer the soy. I like staying away from dairy, so the rice is a good alternate, and not THAT far off of nice ...

September 09, 3:38pm

Better Than Milk-Soy
One of my food sources, Artisan Health Foods, in Stockton stocks "Better Than Milk_Soy_Original", in quart powder containers. I love this stuff! They also have it in rice, but I didn&...

September 09, 2:11pm

Dardenelle Lake, 05-Sep
Was just at Dardenelle Lake last Saturday. Nice setting! I started from Carson Pass TH, made it a 15-mi out/back day. I added 4.5-mi to Showers Lake for a full 19.5-mi. Can be windy on the ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay Area BPL Sept. Hike
September 09, 12:26pm

Tea sacks
I am a committed tea drinker . . . ah . . . Peet's Black Current, or, Scottish Breakfast in the morning. Black Current will make the stress leave. But I HATE tea/coffee bagged supplies, as...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry coffee
August 17, 3:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Cockrell

Michael Cockrell has posted no reviews.