BPL Community Profile

Brett . (Brett1234) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale CA
About Me Brett . has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer gear list 10'C

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brett .

Showing 121 - 130 of 1437 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...144

Forum » Thread

Polycarbonate controversry
Steve, thanks for that link to the report! I skimmed it and read the conclusions. I would summmarize it as follows; Don't give hot (95'C) beverages to kids or pregnant women served from n...

In GEAR » Polycarbonate controversry
December 11, 8:18am

Polycarbonate controversry
Educate yourself and make an educated decision. Some things we get exposed to really are statistically significantly bad; cigarette smoke for example; thalidomide here in Japan as another example. ...

In GEAR » Polycarbonate controversry
December 11, 8:06am

Winter footwear advice?
I chose the Inov8 390s to test out this winter. I did not consider the possibility that the goretex lining would make the boots uncomfortably hot; I hope not. My Inov8 330s are great in dry/hot co...

In GEAR » Winter footwear advice?
December 11, 7:55am

Arapiles, that web shop..
Arapiles, "..considering starting a Japanese import web-shop" If you like, contact me, let's do some research on the viability of that issue? Currently I only break even or lose mo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Question for Aussies - water.
December 10, 1:19am

Montbell in Japan, Arapiles down under
Two of the MB outlets have recently closed, the ones at Ebisu and Odaiba. Closest one to central Tokyo now is the outlet corner in the Yokohama location. And Yokohama is a great place to visit anyw...

In GEAR » Montbell in Japan
December 10, 1:12am

please organize the reviews section
..by category and subject. Right now it is just an unwieldy alphabetical list.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » please organize the reviews section
December 05, 10:14pm

2007 Backpacking Light Picks
My top 3 items: 1. Like several other posters, my Caldera Cones make the list. They finally make meal preparation over alcohol easy, faster, and convenient. One cone of Titanium(or Al) is the sc...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 05, 6:35pm

Looking for Light Weight Hiking Shoes
Hi Ben, Ive gone exclusively to Inov-8 for the light weight and flexibility. The 330s run true to size, the 318s run 1/2 size small, and I'm waiting on my 390's. Hopefully the waterproof 39...

In GEAR » Looking for Light Weight Hiking Shoes
December 05, 6:14pm

What time does SAC change their deals
Sometimes they dont wait. I see the identical item appear more than once in a day. (each deal pops up on my taskbar). I spend way too much there, SAC gifts for everyone this year..

In Gear Deals » What time does SAC change their deals?
December 05, 1:13am

WTB 2-Person Tent
That is a great deal on the Lighting, but I had one and found the lack of peak vent unaceptable for 3 season hiking. It was a sweaty sauna when zipped up. Also consider the REI quarter dome UL; it...

In Gear Swap » WTB 2-Person Tent
December 02, 7:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Brett .

Showing 1 - 10 of 32 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

5.11 gear Tactical nylon pants
These pants weigh in at 720grams, that's a pound and a half, folks. I bought them as winter hiking pants because I do not need the convertable feature of my other pants in winter, but I found thes...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 05, 10:00pm

Petzl Tikka XP
In preparation for a night hike I wanted to buy a new headlamp. Technology has come a long way since my old Zipka Plus.. (and I couldn't find it!) After a few hours of research including

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
September 04, 11:58pm

Cilogear Schoolbag
I got my second Cilogear last week, what Graham calls the "Schoolbag". Here in BPL land it makes for a very nice day-hiking pack and I bet many BPL members could fit a weekend kit into its 3...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
September 04, 3:30am

tiny BIC lighter (the cute one)
I carry various types of fire making gear for my own educational and practice purposes, but I always have one of these 11 gram bics taped to my keychain or in my pot set. They won't flame when soa...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 06, 10:53pm

SnowClaw Backcountry Shovel Racer Backcountry Shovel
My snow claw is one of the more recent models. I used it on one winter trip for bivy prep; I can move snow at a higher rate than with a shovel due to the low inertia of the blade; I dug into a 45'...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
August 05, 11:44pm

Montbell Versalite rain pants
Just bought these today and tested them in a thunderstorm tonight. My usual test sequence is based on recommendations from one of our members. 1. The sitting test applies about 10,000mm head; 2. kneel...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 30, 9:25am

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
This device reliably makes sparks as advertised; even when wet. But so will an 11 gram mini-bic. So I carry the bic. Also, the tiny spark-maker from a Spark-lite is also a fraction of this item'...

In Cookware - Other
July 30, 9:07am

Petzl Zipka
If I only kept one light out of my selection; I would keep this one. Additionally, if someone requested my advice on one light to buy, this would be it. It is my default flashlight for any situation. ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
July 30, 8:55am

Montbell U.L. 90 Sleeping Pad U.L. 90
I own the 120cm version, but aside from the dimensions and weight, it is identical. This pad is not remarkable on its own, but as part of the Montbell sleep system, it is. The toggles mate with the...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
July 19, 2:04am

Sealskinz gloves
Sealskinz absorb water like a big fat sponge, and weighing them on my scale, they did indeed double in weight when wet. Totally unaceptable, and uncomfortable. Returned to REI.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 09, 9:32pm