Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Coyle (Bigsac) - BPL Guest

My Locale NorCal
About Me John Coyle has not added a biography yet.
CitySacramento
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Coyle

Showing 121 - 130 of 214 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Scout knife
Bought this knife the other day at REI. http://www.rei.com/product/816211/gerber-compact-scout-knife I used to have an older Similar Gerber that I bought when they were still made in Oregon. It ...

In GEAR » Gerber Bear Grylls Compact Scout knife
August 01, 2:34pm

Lightweight Daypack
I have the Stratos 24 and I like it. I bought it specifically for the ventilated back, and despite what anyone else may say,this design does reduce the amount of sweat on your back. Now, I am not...

In GEAR » Lightweight ventilated 20-24L day pack recommendation...
August 01, 9:58am

Ultralight Tip of the Week
I have two of Mike's previous books, "Alan and Mikes Really Cool Backpacking Book," and "Lighten Up," and I must say that they are my two favorite backpacking technique book...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
June 20, 11:25am

Cookwear Options
I recently bought the GSI Outdoors Pinnacle Backpacker Cookset on sale at REI. It has a 2L pot made of Teflon coated anodized aluminum. Here it is: http://www.rei.com/product/784106/gsi-outdoors...

In GEAR » What pot should I buy? family of five Freezer Bag Cooking
June 14, 9:12am

Alcohol stove stored in pot
Not an issue with the stove for me either. The fuel burns off with no noticeable residue. My fuel bottle would sometimes leak inside the pot until I applied Teflon plumbers tape to the threads. ...

In GEAR » Alcohol stove stored in pot
June 09, 12:37pm

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
About a month ago I went on a 3 day backpacking trip with a friend of mine. His pack weight was around 17 lbs. He used his new Gossamer Gear Gorilla backpack and loved it. Plenty of room for his...

In GEAR » Pack Recommendation
May 23, 1:16pm

Global Test
Danny and Kristen thanks for the excellent articles. A lot of us will never have the opportunity or will power to do what you did, so it is gratifying to read about your trials and tribulations. T...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test Part II: Evaluating System Efficiency for a Round-the-World Journey
May 11, 2:23pm

Thermal Testing
Roger, I am not an engineer, so frankly some of the more technical aspects of your article were a bit over my head. But the bottom line is that based on your previous work with BPL, I trust you. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Apparatus for Testing Thermal Insulation Properties
April 28, 9:24am

Ultralight
One of my ultralight friends suggested getting a haircut and trimming my nails before a backpack. He almost had an aneurysm when I pulled out my GobSpark firesteel to light my Caldera Cone on a re...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
April 25, 10:04am

CDC Trail
Very inspirational Paul, good for you. My grandparents are from Ireland, so when people ask me why I hike, I tell them this Irish saying, "Your feet will take you to where your heart is."...

In Editor's Roundtable » Walking the Backbone: A Journey on the Continental Divide Trail
April 07, 9:30am

All Reader Reviews by John Coyle

John Coyle has posted no reviews.