BPL Community Profile

Andy Berner (Berner9) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Michigan
About Me Mostly just day hike at the moment.
CityPortage
StateMI
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List2 nighter. Fall colors Manistee River Trail 09

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Berner

Showing 121 - 130 of 419 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...42

Forum » Thread

"Trekking pole technique"
I do the 1:1 with left arm, right leg. When going up hill I push on them pretty hard to propel myself up faster. When walking flats I tend to only bring them up a little and push backwards more...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trekking pole technique
July 20, 6:58pm

Re: Re: Re: 100% Deet - How to Apply
I like to put 2 drops on one of my arms and then rub it on the other arm with out it ever touching my palms or back of my hands. I do the same with my legs and neck.

In GEAR » 100% Deet - How to Apply
July 20, 12:49pm

Re: "North Fork 100"
I wish I had a bigger back yard

In Post-Trip Reports » North Fork 100
July 19, 2:28am

Re: Terra Nova /Montane
That montane jacket has caught my attention.

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber hits the mainstream?
July 09, 4:26pm

Re: Re: Re: New Tarp User. Need advice
I just received a Katabatic bivy and it is very well made. Just placed an order for a palisade also.

In GEAR » New Tarp User. Need advice
July 07, 5:22pm

Re: Marmot Trail Wind Hoody
I just got one. Fits like the Mica. It has mess pits for extra breathability. I have not got to test it yet since its been in the lower 90's with lots of humidity here in Michigan. Otherwi...

In GEAR » Marmot Trail Wind Hoody
July 07, 1:28pm

Re: Re: bug bivy
SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Cuben Grace Duo
July 06, 3:38pm

Re: I WILL TAKE IT
did not get your PM

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Bug Bivy
July 06, 3:02pm

bug bivy
yes, in other thread.

July 06, 2:58pm

FS: MLD Cuben Grace Duo
SOLD Well the girlfriend doesn't like the openness of the tarp and prefers the Duomid because it feels more safe. I tried to save more weight and failed. O well. Anyways two other me...

July 06, 2:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Berner

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TrailLite Designs Ebira
The TrailLite Designs Ebira is a wonderful piece of gear for the tenkara fisherman. ...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 08, 2:03pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
Great service and just awesome super light gear. I owned or do own 4 or 5 pieces of MLD gear and have 2 more on order. Ron is top notch and I can't wait to get my new packs.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 08, 2:09pm

Gossamer Gear
The couple times Ive called to add something on to my order I have been very pleased with there customer service. It wasn't Glen or Grant the two who most people know. It was another guy and wa...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 08, 2:03pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I don't know what it is, but just like everyone else this would be one of my favorite pieces of gear. Friends and people I meet out on the trail always have the "wow" face when I let th...

In Trekking Poles
October 20, 11:25am

Gossamer Gear The One
After a couple short trips out in this tent, I am very happy with it. Ive only used it this late summer and early fall. I know some people say the spinnaker fabric is noisy but I do not have any pro...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
October 20, 10:46am