Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

BER --- (BER) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Wisconsin
About Me Someday to be away from the things of man...

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by BER ---

Showing 121 - 130 of 317 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...32

Forum » Thread

Sticks
~Finger-sized sticks are plenty strong for toggles. When you are using whoopies with a marlin hitched toggle on your tree straps, the whoopies go on the STRAP, not the toggle. The toggle is a pla...

In Hammocks » new hanger introduction
February 11, 1:06pm

hiking buddys
I feel a little guilty for not getting out more with my boys (11 and 9). Unfortunately they live 2 hours away due to divorce. And while I am remarried and my wife loves camping as much as I do, c...

In Philosophy & Technique » Parents: Are you doing all you can to raise a hiking buddy?
February 11, 11:28am

consolation
I wear the same one Laurie. If it's any consolation, it looks better on you than me.

In GEAR » a good sun hat?
February 07, 8:28am

Emberlit
+1 on the Emberlit-UL. My initial thoughts on the emberlit: here Awaiting delivery of some titanium tent stakes, then have a minor modification in mind to make it esbit compatible as a backup...

In GEAR » UL wood stoves
February 01, 1:38am

2p tent
Agree with Dan re: Tarptent Scarp2. Just got mine with the fabric inner. I haven't had it out yet, but I am liking what I see. In addition to those listed, you might also consider the Big A...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2p tents
January 19, 7:42am

ouch
Wow. In a thread that has more drama than I see from my high school daughter and her friends, that was an "Ouch" Hendrik. Humorous, but kind of like pouring gasoline on the campfire... ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 19, 7:29am

All
David, Agreed. Poor wording to include that absolute. There are good and bad in all professions, just as there are laudable motivations and those that are not. It is also notable that not all...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
January 14, 10:26pm

Dehydrator
Nick, we have a Nesco 75 and an Excalibur. Both work well. I like the Nesco and it's plastic trays for soups and stews. I prefer the Excalibur for non-liquid foods purely for its bigger vol...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » MYO Jerky questions
January 14, 8:53pm

Wow
Wow. More entitlement mentality. I applaud our service men and women, just like applaud all police officers and firemen who put their lives on the line for us daily. But...free fishing licenses....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
January 14, 8:35pm

Epic
Sorry man, my wife and I like ours too much!

In Gear Swap » WTB: ULA Epic
January 13, 9:19pm

All Reader Reviews by BER ---

BER --- has posted no reviews.