BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 121 - 130 of 1249 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...125

Forum » Thread

digging anchors
If you use sticks as anchors with a cord going around them and both ends of the cord above ground, there's no need to dig the sticks out. That's why I use the lengths of cord with bowlines ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Shoulder/Winter tent advice
April 17, 7:57am

Re: weight of a knot
I'd untie them. The weight just isn't worth it.

In Philosophy & Technique » weight of a knot
April 16, 7:04pm

Re: Shoulder/Winter tent advice
1. Did you try driving the stakes with a rock or baton (wood club)? Maybe there were frequent large rocks under the soil? Try repositioning the stakes a few inches. If the stakes won't go in, y...

In Philosophy & Technique » Shoulder/Winter tent advice
April 16, 10:42am

Re: A Solid UL Shelter!
1. 8x10 silnylon tarp (cuben if you want to spend more) with floored bug bivy or inner tent 2. GoLite Shangri-La 2 or 3 with floored bug bivy or inner tent 3. Hammock and tarp with dog on a l...

In GEAR » A Solid UL Shelter!
April 16, 8:51am

Re: Re: Re: UL Tent Recommendations - Under $400
"...I think you'd be wise to stick with tents per your OP to help reduce your exposure to ticks." I think bug bivys used with a tarp can be just as effective as tents, especially i...

In GEAR » UL Tent Recommendations - Under $400
April 11, 10:04am

Re: UL Tent Recommendations - Under $400
Any tent is going to have condensation in these conditions. Some of them won't drip on you most of the time. Even a tarp will have condensation often, but you can minimize the effects and pitch...

In GEAR » UL Tent Recommendations - Under $400
April 11, 8:37am

Re: MRT in April
Hi all, Another trip closer to home came up, and I'm going to do that instead.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Michigan GGG (or just a plain old backpacking trip)
April 10, 12:44pm

Re: Re: Helium HD
"anything LESS than 32 is going to be frozen. So even just a soft shell and a down jacket is fine." There are no absolutes though. :) It could be 28F, and a warm rain won't freeze ...

In GEAR » Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
April 05, 11:50am

Re: Do you dry the interior of your Platypus? How?
If you use drinkable alcohol (Everclear), then you can swish some of that around, drink the remnant, and the remaining alcohol will evaporate faster than water. Just don't get into the habi...

In GEAR » Do you dry the interior of your Platypus? How?
April 04, 11:57am

Re: Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
I'm really just saying what others have said differently, but ideally you need a soft shell and a hard shell for that temp range. Maybe around 20-25F is the starting lower range for using a har...

In GEAR » Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
April 03, 8:57am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.