BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 121 - 130 of 1292 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...130

Forum » Thread

Revisiting and a food hanging cordage comment
This was such a fun series that I come back and read/watch it every few months. Someone asked: "So you do not like Spectra cord or the cord and rock sack used in the video from Mountain L...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Wanderer (Video Series) - Episode 2: Food & Water
August 09, 10:53pm

Re: Re: Specifics please
I don't see any need for a hood if you only do trips down to freezing. Just a warm hat would be fine. My hat for down to freezing is just a thin fleece cap. I do winter trips much colder tha...

In GEAR » Hooded vs. hoodless puffies
August 09, 7:24pm

Re: Winter boot fans, start drooling now...
Not bad for maybe down to around 0F I'm guessing. A VBL sock would be required. It would really help if they supplied more details about the liner, such as thickness, insulation weight, and ...

In GEAR » Winter boot fans, start drooling now...
August 08, 11:56am

Re: Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
Do I look like a Justin Beber fan?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
August 08, 11:32am

Bear repellent sounds
A pack of barking dogs

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Beber has Anti-Ursid Properties
August 07, 11:06am

Re: Time to panic
That's what you get for carrying water around instead of just drinking straight from the source! ;-)

In GEAR » Time to panic
August 03, 10:31pm

Frozen fingers
"Worst time for me is the morning packing up - I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my fingers warm." Wool liner gloves with the thumb and forefinger tip cut off so that you ...

In GEAR » Winter Camping questions: Long sleeping bags, wet gear, overboots and light weight trail runners
August 03, 10:19pm

Re: Winter Camping questions: Long sleeping bags, wet gear, overboots and light weight trail runners
I'm 5'8" and just use a regular size down bag in winter. I often put 1 bottle of water and my trail runners or boot liners in the bag with me, although usually near my stomach, thighs ...

In GEAR » Winter Camping questions: Long sleeping bags, wet gear, overboots and light weight trail runners
August 03, 9:05pm

Re: Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
For the deadman anchors, I like to use 2 foot lengths of cord with bowline loops on each end. Toss a stick or long rock anchor on top of the cord before burying. After burying, clips both ends to t...

In Winter Hiking » Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
August 01, 8:27am

Re: Sleeping Bag
Get a WM or FF along with a hammock so that you won't have to sleep on the couch! :) Big Agnes bags don't have insulation on the bottom. I like my 600 fp Marmot Never Summer 0F. It...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag
July 30, 7:53am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.