Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Benson (AaronMB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central Valley California
About Me English Grad' student who loves the outdoors.

Getting lighter!
CityVisalia
StateCA
My PDF Gear ListAaron's Warm(er) Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Benson

Showing 121 - 130 of 305 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...31

Forum » Thread

Re: Small QR Code
Jared - yes! Those look great. I think those could work well in many ways: cost to make, cost/ease of adding to current signage, cost/ease of maintenance, and, of course, they're small, attr...

In GEAR » QR Codes + Trail Signs
June 28, 7:31am

Re: spelling police 2.0
Oh, Dan! As a fellow picky English Major I must point out--in good fun, of course--that Mike did indeed spell the word correctly. In this case, as you actually show above, it's a case of the &q...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
June 26, 10:58am

Re: WTSTY
Thank you, John! Good luck and have fun! -A

In Gear Swap » WTSTY
June 25, 1:06am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trowels gain in fame
B.G. - now I see where you're coming from. Robert's trowels do have a hole in the handle; without measuring mine, I'd say it's about 1/8" or so. The yellow coating on the ha...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
June 24, 8:34pm

Re: Re: Trowels gain in fame
That's great, Robert! B.G. - I'm [sincerely] confused on how a bigger hole in the handle would better allow the trowel to be used as a stake. If it's a matter of line attachment ...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
June 24, 8:12pm

Re: question on poncho tarps
Regardless of the shelter type, if it leaks or condensation develops within and your sleeping bag touches the [wet] inside wall, the sleeping bag material often acts like a wick and can absorb the ...

In GEAR » question on poncho tarps
June 24, 9:43am

Re: Re: "Does anyone NOT Use a Cozy for Freezer Bag Cooking?"
Agreed, Sarah. Even without spillage, I experience significant smell transfer. If 'I' can smell it, everything else in the woods can, too. My cozy goes in the hang bag or the canister al...

In GEAR » Does anyone NOT Use a Cozy for Freeaer Bag Cooking?
June 20, 8:05am

Re: looking for a water "bag"
It's not quite sitting "upright," but it does sit 'up' and opens at the top (although, does not close, which could be a deal breaker for you). I'm sure you've thought...

In GEAR » looking for a water "bag"
June 20, 7:53am

Caldera Keg-F Burn time/Performance?
I just picked up a new-to-me Caldera Keg-F system; it's well used but everything looks OK and it sets up well. My concern/question is with its burn time and overall performance. After severa...

In GEAR » Caldera Keg-F Burn time/Performance?
June 19, 2:23pm

Re: Looking locally
I would worry about going too thick with the shock cord, which could require too much force on the quilt to actually make it stretch usefully. I'd go with some thicker stuff for a [waste?] belt...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do you attach your quilt to your pad?
June 18, 8:50am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Benson

Aaron Benson has posted no reviews.