BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 121 - 130 of 374 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Weight of fly and low pitch.
John, The fly with stakes and stuffsack is 17 ounces. The interior is 9 ounces. Re: staking low to the ground, yes certainly lower than shown (with 45"/115cm poles). Dropping the poles ...

In Gear Deals » Tarptent Notch
November 21, 11:55am

Re: Setup Steps
Tyler, Yes, you got it. We'll get a setup video posted in two or three weeks but what you'll see is exactly as you describe. -H

November 21, 11:49am

Re: Very nice
I updated the dimensions graphic to better show the head/foot clearance. http://tarptent.com/notch.html#specs You might need to reload the page if the old graphic still shows up. -H

November 21, 11:11am

Difference between Notch and StratoSpires
Think of them as size regular, large, and extra large. They step up/down in weight by about 7 ounces each. The Notch is a double wall, double door/vestibule version of the Moment with trekking/ver...

In GEAR » Tarptent Notch vs. Stratospire 1
November 20, 5:08pm

Re: SS1
It's looking like sometime around Dec 10 for ship start. I think we should be able to set the pricing in a week or so. -H

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
November 13, 1:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Updated Tent List
Brian, I am not sure which model you are referring to--maybe the Squall 2?--but are most certainly NOT describing the Scarp 2. -H

In GEAR » Tent Recommendations for Canadian High Alpine
November 10, 8:47am

Re: Rest in Peace Steve Jobs
Well said Kyle. May a little bit of Steve Jobs take root in all of us. -H

In GEAR » iPhone 4s
October 06, 8:43am

Re: Tarp or tent
Not to denigrate the Hexamid in any way but a difference you left out is that the Moment has a waterproof, bathtub floor vs the mesh only enclosure of the Hexamid. Different purposes obviously but...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment versus Zpacks Hexamid Solo-Plus
September 21, 12:52pm

Re: Re: Re: separate fly setup?
Abraham, Yes is the answer to your pitch question. Re: cuben, weight savings for the fly is the reason. Cost would be substantially higher--fabric is 4x the cost and the fabric width is nar...

September 09, 2:11pm

Re: separate fly setup?
"Firstly, love to see TarpTent attempting a double wall." We've been making true double walls for several years: Scarp 1, Scarp 2 and Hogback "My question: looks like pitch...

September 09, 11:33am

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm