BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 121 - 130 of 11295 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...1130

Forum » Thread

Re: Traveling light
During some seasons, it will rain like hell in Hawaii, so be prepared for a wet trip. On the other hand, in some volcanic areas there are empty lava tubes. I always found them to be excellent sh...

In Philosophy & Technique » Travling light
August 22, 4:09pm

Re: Current light weight synthetic sleeping bags?
"Lightweight" and "synthetic" are not commonly used together in the same sentence when we are talking about sleeping bags of a temperature range at Zero. As you go colder in...

In GEAR » Current light weight synthetic sleeping bags?
August 21, 11:18pm

Re: Back-at-the-car checklist?
I fixed that problem for myself many years ago. When I return to my car, I don't allow myself to put anything down on the parking lot. I can put things down on top of the hood or on the roof or...

In Philosophy & Technique » Back-at-the-car checklist?
August 21, 10:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fastest Known Times (FKT)
"If these FKTers aren't littering the trail with empty water bottles, knocking families off the trail or otherwise unreasonably imposing on others who are trying to enjoy the wilderness in...

In On the Web » Fastest Known Times (FKT)
August 21, 10:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Try Coghlans Solid Fuel while you're at it
The REI stores around here would rather sell overpriced clothing than anything useful like solid fuel. --B.G.--

In GEAR » @ --B.G.-- et al--Esbit vs. Bleuet tabs
August 21, 10:06pm

Re: Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
Your shots of the lower Shepherd Pass trail storm damage were similar to what I saw on the Baxter Pass trail last month. It wasn't too bad, as long as you can think about where the trail ought ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
August 21, 10:04pm

Re: Try Coghlans Solid Fuel while you're at it
I've also used Coghlans, but with inferior results. Around here, they cost about half the Esbit price, but they are half the fuel mass, so there doesn't appear to be any real cost savings. ...

August 21, 9:56pm

Re: Re: Results: Esbit vs. Bleuet tabs
Sorry to hear about all of the house problems. If the well runs dry, you could always buy bottled water. ( ! ) Maybe not. After you get the other house problems straightened out, you need to get...

August 21, 7:22pm

Re: Results: Esbit vs. Bleuet tabs
Gary, now we are waiting for the web cam view of the patio tests. I assume that will be full high definition video showing it all. What color were your Bleuet tablets? White, pink, or orange? ...

August 21, 6:11pm

Re: What kind of layers do I need for 14 Fahrenheit?
The old axiom: Put on more layers before you get cold. Take off some layers before you get hot. --B.G.--

In GEAR » What kind of layers do I need for 14 Fahrenheit?
August 21, 4:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.