Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 121 - 130 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: I want to learn how to hike it bear country
David, that video by Erin... Is that a Grizzly Bear or an Alaskan Coastal Brown Bear? --B.G.--

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » I want to learn how to hike it bear country
May 18, 6:16pm

Re: Re: Re: your skill level?
"will have to find a lightweight muzzle to pack" Get one with big enough openings that you can push dog treats in there. Can we assume that the dog will have a dog pack? What is ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Headed to the Minarets - Thoughts/Recommendations on Route
May 18, 6:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dean Potter dies in yosemite
"wasn't Potter, arguably, the best climber on the planet?" I don't think that he can defend the title. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dean Potter dies in yosemite
May 18, 4:43pm

Re: Re
The part about 3-5% acceptable loss is the tricky part. It kind of depends on the load or the voltage regulator that is following the solar panel. Just the same, loss is loss, and that is generally...

In Make Your Own Gear » Experiments in ultralight solar
May 18, 4:42pm

Re: Men's OR Echo (Pewter, Large) $27.77 on Amazon
I purchased one of these in a lesser size about a year ago. It seems tough enough for being so thin and lightweight. I think mine is about 3.5 ounces. Not a bad t-shirt. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Men's OR Echo (Pewter, Large) $27.77 on Amazon
May 17, 7:18pm

Re: Hawaiian Pigs
If not a Hawaiian Pig, then what about the dreaded Hawaiian Mongoose? --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
May 17, 7:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
"it doesnt look that big regardless" Agreed. The front claws look more like a black bear, and the rear claws look more like a brown bear, so I don't know. The lighter collar of ...

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 16, 9:27pm

Re: Standards Suggestion
"agreed upon definition of boiling say 100 C" That would be too difficult for some people to achieve. Some people live and test at higher elevations where the boiling point is depresse...

In GEAR » Esbit burner testing
May 16, 9:22pm

Re: Re: standard
"Bob had stated the 16 grams was standard." Dan, I stated nothing of the kind. You got it completely wrong. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Esbit burner testing
May 16, 9:19pm

Re: Re: Re: Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
Eric, the bear article doesn't even state whether it was a black bear or a brown bear, so it is difficult to consider here. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Another bear attack. Should I get some spray?
May 16, 9:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.