Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 121 - 130 of 11754 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...1176

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Dry Baking Set Up Questions
"Just DO NOT use a heat diffuser with a canister stove. The chances of wrecking your stove are very, very high as it increases the heat." Ha. A flame spreader isn't going to hurt t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dry Baking Set Up Questions
December 02, 10:40am

Re: Re: re: yosemite
David, do you know where your phrase came from: "scarf a lot of food"? Between 40 and 50 years ago, there was a hippy commune that had started up in an old cabin near Yosemite Valley. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yosemite Trip
December 01, 9:32pm

Re: Missouri hiking
"Last time I went hiking in MO was during basic training." As we used to call it, Fort Lost In The Woods. Also known as the a$$hole of Missouri. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in Missouri in November?
December 01, 6:33pm

Re: Canister cozy
"Of course at this point I have no idea whether it's going to make a bit of difference for very cold weather performance." You might try to explain what you are trying to accomplis...

In GEAR » Jetboil MiniMo, First Look
December 01, 4:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Dry Baking Set Up Questions
If your stove is too hot or the flame is too narrow, then just use a flame spreader made out of a steel can lid. Punch a few holes in it near the outer rim. With a really small stove flame, you ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dry Baking Set Up Questions
December 01, 3:03pm

Re: We had a near miss
"If you don't have one, there's no excuse not to pick one up for like $20-30 at Target." I can't use it. My home is all electric. Maybe I should hang a big solar detecto...

In GEAR » Don't forget gear for the house.
November 30, 10:51pm

Don't forget
Maybe you could get a carbon monoxide detector for the ceiling of your hammock. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Don't forget gear for the house.
November 30, 9:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: PCT: jetboil or DIY stove
"totalizing pound-miles" What kind of units do you calculate with, furlongs per fortnight? --B.G.--

In GEAR » PCT: jetboil or DIY stove
November 30, 5:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: $18 shipping
"I doubt anyone is trying to turn a profit on shipping." You would be surprised. It is quite common for a seller company to have an agreement with a carrier such as UPS or Fedex. With ...

In Gear Deals » SMD has started sales
November 30, 1:59pm

Re: bulk down
I've purchased that down from Wilderness Logics before. It was pretty good. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » bulk down
November 30, 11:23am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.