Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 121 - 130 of 12729 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...1273

Forum » Thread

Re: Updated Stove Chart
"hard to read" Thanks for the warning. I'm going to have to get a task force to decipher it for me. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Ruta Locura Sale/ New stove setup
May 08, 4:55pm

Re: Weight advantage of gas
Theo, there were some fuel weight usage charts on Thru-Hiker, and I think they have been there for a long time. However, since those charts were formulated, we have seen some significant reductions...

May 07, 10:54pm

Re: @ Josh, Bob, $ John
"Do you remember my Snow Peak Giga with integrated windscreen from a few years ago?" Frankly, no. I'm sorry. I've been primarily an Esbit user for a few years, so I have not...

May 07, 10:48pm

Re: Disconnect fuel loss
"You would just need a chunk of foam to protect the pot/stove." Around the butane burner, I wrap some aluminum foil. That happens to be the same foil that is my normal windscreen. Then...

May 07, 10:41pm

Re: Re: Oh the things you learn
Marko, think of it as bacon on the hoof. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
May 07, 10:28pm

Re: Hilarious
"Holy s***! " I believe that the entire quotation is Holy s***, Batman! --B.G.--

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 07, 10:23pm

Re: for sale?
Good Grief! This thread is almost five years old. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » FS: Black Diamond Oneshot
May 07, 10:19pm

Re: Standardized testing.
"I don't know what you mean there, Bob." We know that there is some extra weight of metal that you are carrying around as part of a JetBoil rig as compared to a conventional cook p...

May 07, 10:18pm

Re: Ever break your titanium pot?
I watched a guy break his titanium pot once. He was using it to hammer titanium tent stakes into rocky ground. That is not exactly a manufacturing or materials defect. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Ever break your titanium pot?
May 07, 4:03pm

Re: seams coming apart
Not necessarily. Sometimes a clothing item is washed improperly, and this causes stresses in the seams. So, it might be purely a user mistake. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Never buying from REI again
May 07, 4:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.