Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1691 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...170

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Light Bear Ropes
Douglas, The diameter of the 7/16 Amsteel-Blue is 11.1125 mm.

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
May 15, 9:11pm

Re: MSR Hyperflow issue
Barry, The Hyperflow’s micro-filtered water was safe to drink. Use activated carbon as a post Hyperflow micro-filter stage to eliminate color and foul tastes. Activated carbon is built into...

In GEAR » MSR Hyperflow issue
May 14, 8:50am

Re: Re: Filter for third world countries
The Katadyn Exstream Water Bottle is another solution for all inclusive protection.

In GEAR » Water purifying query:
May 09, 9:02am

Re: Insulation / Loft loss
John, Scientists generally measure loft degradation using an industrial washing machine set to a heavy duty cycle. They make up approximately 1 ft2 samples of each insulation type including its ...

In GEAR » Need a synthetic bag ASAP. 5 - 10 degrees.
May 07, 5:27pm

Re: spyderco knife?
Spyderco is well known for making some of the best knives in the world. They're rugged, dependable and most important... SHARP! How long they stay that way depends on the abrasion resistance of...

In GEAR » spyderco knife?
May 07, 3:23pm

Cooking in a MegaMid
Roman, What is the probability that cooking odors will permeate the fabric on your MegaMid and increase the chance of a bear intrusion?

In GEAR » Alcohol vs. Cannister Stove
May 07, 11:29am

Re: Primaloft
John, Scientific studies showed the correlation between loft reduction and insulation loss was ~ linear in Primaloft. Also other synthetic insulations, using a mix of thin and thick fibers, had ...

May 07, 11:08am

Re: Synthetic Bag
The primary reason the NOLS course requires a synthetic bag is for insulation maintenance when wet: down looses ~60% of its insulation when wet; Climashield looses ~40%; and Primaloft One looses le...

May 07, 9:51am

Re: Re: 2 gal/day - Coleman PowerMax
The Coleman Xtreme stove is still available from Campmor and is discounted $30 to $49.97 US.

In GEAR » Alcohol vs. Cannister Stove
May 06, 9:59am

Re: Re: Re: Mist
Allison, Most of this material tests between 1 and 2 PSI. I think the discrepancy in personal misting experiences can be explained in part by how tightly the silnylon is stretched. If not stretc...

In GEAR » Lunar Solo- wind and rain resistance
May 01, 3:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm