Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1866 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...187

Forum » Thread

list
ditch the sea-to-summit drysacks,ditty bags, and use Zpacks cuben drysaks and blast foodbag. you will save over 1/2 lb !!! too much toothpaste, too much sunscreen too heavy packtowel too m...

In Gear Lists » My 3 Season List, Would Appreciate Any Advice.
October 21, 7:40pm

wet
The inside of your pack will always get wet if it rains, seams leak, fabric wets thru. Even if using a cover. Your pack liner should be tall enough, that when you untwist it and straighten it up...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cloud Packing Weakness
October 21, 7:16pm

drowning
Put it in a container of rice for a few weeks, then try again. The rice will act as an absorbent to reduce humidity so water can migrate out. It may surprise you. Many an Iphone that got dunked ...

In Photography » Is there any hope for my drowned camera?
October 21, 11:07am

cloud
The only things that go into pack liner are sleeping insulation, and clothing. Everything else can get wet. Cook kit, etc. Food is packed in its own liner in food bag, and goes on top. A...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cloud Packing Weakness
October 21, 10:56am

clothing
Clothing is highly over-rated by many. More of a status thing, than really necessary. I like using high quality gear that does the job. I dont find that my shirt, underwear, pants, or even socks...

In GEAR » Low cost Technical shirts
October 20, 7:32pm

jacket
"I'm going to still use my current jacket but I needed another one for friends. This is a good backup for the GF/wife..." Well, which one is it for, the girlfriend or the wife? Wha...

In GEAR » Costco is selling a 800 fill count down jacket for $70 and it only weighs 330g
October 20, 8:51am

fbc
"I sure would have liked to have my scouts be given the opportunity to do LNT at Philmont, but it is their ranch and their rules." Yes, their rules, but as a BSA members I would sure l...

In Philmont » freezer bag cooking
October 18, 7:22pm

cooking
Found it interesting that a crew was there this past summer, water was in short supply in places. But yet, they wanted them to use that precious water to wash pots, instead of allowing turkey bags....

In Philmont » freezer bag cooking
October 18, 4:57pm

knife
A knife is more a tool of convenience, than a tool of necessity. I cant think of anything I might need a knife for, that I couldnt do without it. Amputations excepted. I havent even used a razor...

In GEAR » 1.5" Knife: 35 grams, $0.95
October 18, 4:36pm

glasses
I have been very satisfied with 39ollarglasses.com. Both in service, warranty, turnaround,etc. All top notch. When I started wearing glasses again, instead of my contacts, I complained to the ...

In GEAR » Playing w/ Zenni Optical - Ideal, cheap glasses for the trail?
October 18, 6:22am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm