Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1777 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...178

Forum » Thread

wt
what it the wt of the tyvek tarp? I think the tyvek is 1.6oz/yd? So 10x12 should be 21 oz + grommets and tape Id guess 24 oz all together Not bad for $30

In Philmont » MYOG- Dinning Tarp Size
September 01, 5:38pm

twin
2 persons are going to make a lot more condensation than 1 person The hex twin really isnt that big in adverse conditions where you must stay away from the wet netting. You also will have issue...

In GEAR » condensation in zpacks hexamid
September 01, 7:13am

condensation
Everything has tradeoffs You have discovered single wall shelter limitations You must decide if the low weight is worth extra effort to stay dry in circumstances The Hexamid is no different fr...

In GEAR » condensation in zpacks hexamid
August 30, 7:59am

2P
When there is no other community gear, its a bit tacky to carry someone elses gear to even out a lb of wt and bulk. Ideally, to me, a 2p shelter should be lighter and more compact than two 1P s...

In GEAR » 2-Person Shelters TSW - Looking for feedback for my next in-depth article!
August 28, 8:22pm

2P
I dont know if maximum wt is as important as the ability to split it. I ruled out many 2P shelters that cant be split because they are one piece, and require one person to carry the whole 2.5-3 ...

In GEAR » 2-Person Shelters TSW - Looking for feedback for my next in-depth article!
August 28, 6:41pm

silnet
have you tried rubbing it off? it doesnt stick to cuben well at all

In GEAR » How to remove McNett Silnet from Cuben Fiber
August 28, 2:04pm

poles
"@MB - so you are saying they are about as stiff as the Gossamergear CF poles?? can you put your full weight on them (as in leaning heavily when you stop after cresting a hhill and are dead ti...

In GEAR » Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
August 27, 7:35pm

poles
Hike much faster with them, with less chance of falling Absolute necessity for deeper water crossings Makes rocky boulder jumbles easier to navigate, especially rock-hopping across water Holds ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Have any of you ditched trekking poles as you've lightened your weight?
August 27, 4:03pm

Fizan
BPL reviewed the fizan poles with a standard method they use, hanging a 25lb wt in the middle of the pole. Fizan deflected in the middle of the range., about 2". A bit more than conventional...

In GEAR » Trailstar and the Zpoles conundrum (or want the LW poles but need adjustability
August 27, 3:51pm

awesome
Looks like a great trip. I see some things in the pics, Golite Jams?, and some trail runners. Can you comment on yalls packs and footwear, especially foot related issues, etc.

In Philmont » Philmont trek 33, 125 miles, packs <25#, tons of fun
August 26, 3:08pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm