Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1827 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...183

Forum » Thread

apps
smart phones are part tool, part toy. OK , mostly toy. Discern between what you really need, vs what you think is cool to have Yeah the apps add no weight. But most are for fun. They are a di...

In Multiple Use Gear » My smart phone, a digital swiss army knife.
October 04, 7:10am

stakes
Hey I agree with you. You are far from the first to go down the road. Enjoy.

In Philosophy & Technique » Solid Fuel Stove Techniques
October 03, 7:13pm

windscreen
put the windscreen around the pot, leave 1/4" gap put 15 1/4" holes around the bottom as low to ground as can make, evenly spaced. put small holes at correct ht and slide tent stakes t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Solid Fuel Stove Techniques
October 03, 5:29pm

fit
those with engineering backgrounds will understand that surface area is proportional to the heat transfer, ie, with same insulation thickness, and same temp differential, you lose more heat when on...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag warmth vs. fit
October 02, 5:38am

light
Night time is not always that dark. Once your eyes get used to the darkness, its often amazingly well lit if there is any moonlight. Using a light, can often be visually poorer overally than...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacking sans batteries...
October 01, 7:21pm

fit
I have a WM megalite, its very wide. Even more on me after dropping ~40 lbs, than it was when I got it. I can feel the cold at the sides of me when pushing the limits of the bag. However, when...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag warmth vs. fit
October 01, 6:54pm

insulation
Depends on how much you are moving around. I end up soaked with sweat when I reach camp, and so get pretty cold, pretty quick. Temps in 40s can have you shivering in 10 min once stop hiking. ...

In GEAR » Ibex Indie Hoodie
October 01, 6:37pm

wt
Sleeping pad. 16 oz vs 2.5 . Much better nights sleep!!! Supportive pack. Over 15lbs I use Ohm, over 20 I use circuit In last few hundred miles I havent even used a razor blade, so I dont kno...

In GEAR » Adding (a little) weight back in gear choices
September 30, 11:27am

bottles
I like the very light "eco" water bottles that are .75 oz for 1L. Like Roger says, they are not nearly as strong as the heavier. But honestly, they are durable enough. Ever try to dest...

In GEAR » How should I carry water?
September 29, 6:59am

quilt rules
My Enlightened equip 40F quilt packs small if needed. I put it in a zpacks drybag and roll it down while squeezing. It ends up like 6x6x5 or so, pretty easily. Way, way smaller than my sons...

In GEAR » Least 40degF packed size for bag or quilt
September 29, 6:48am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm