BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1652 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...166

Forum » Thread

tealight
sp 600 2.8 oz, foil lid .07 oz stand 0.22 oz windscreen 0.45 oz tealight - 0.05 oz fuel container .75 oz .5L water bottle .6 fl oz fuel per boil = 1.2x10=12 oz oz wt, but Id bring 10 so,...

In GEAR » Lightest 10 day stove
May 07, 6:24pm

snakes
a little fear can be a good thing, but as long as you watch where you step, you will be OK. You are not on any snakes food list( with the exception of a large constrictor) The rattle is just th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snakes
May 06, 10:27pm

list
I would just take a walmart space blanket for groundsheet, its about 2 oz vs the heavy tyvek you have. silicone mug is heavy. I carry styrofoam coffee cups inside of pot for safe keeping. 0.1 oz...

In Gear Lists » 3-Season Gear List
May 06, 10:11pm

tent
fella in my hunting lease had a big HEAVY canvas army tent set up and used as a camp for about 5 yrs.

In GEAR » Cheap shelter to live in?
May 06, 10:07pm

pot handles
why would you replace the pot handle on the evernew 1.3L???? you certainly dont need gloves to pick it up, its cool to touch, its perfect as is, allows you to pick up pot and control it and pour ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Some ideas about pot handles replacement?
May 06, 8:27pm

water resistance.
Typically, there is no such thing as water PROOF , only varying degrees of water resistance. If you can make a pack as waterproof as a 1.2 oz pack liner for less wt, I want to hear about it. ...

In GEAR » Why aren't there more waterproof packs?
May 04, 8:30pm

terror
There are so many ways to commit acts of terror it boggles the mind. It doesnt have to be on a large scale either. Terror is terror, because you dont know when or where to expect it, and it is dis...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Terrorists Settings Fires in the Forests?
May 03, 8:42pm

cost
In any case the UL stuff costs pales in comparisons to some kid activities. I have a friend whos daughter competes in rodeo. Fancy horse, trailer, training, F250 to pull it, travel all around th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Financing the UL lifestyle
May 03, 5:20pm

boots
"This might be anathema, but would it be sacrilegious to take lightweight boots and trail shoes? I recently bought a pair of Adidas Vigor 2 trail shoes. Ultra aggressive and fairly light. I ha...

In Philmont » Boots v. Shoes at Philmont
May 03, 4:53pm

choices
The montbell is $294 at Prolitegear.com If you are slim you can get a feathered friends Merlin on clearance from Prolitegear for $264. It is only a 58" girth bag, summerlite is 59" B...

In GEAR » Help me choose a sleeping bag please
May 02, 8:50pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm