BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1734 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...174

Forum » Thread

stakes
If the ground isnt good enough for the Ti stakes, put rocks on them. No big deal. Or, use sticks, and put rocks on them. In rocky soil, it may take a thin ti stake just to be able to push it ...

In GEAR » tent stakes/pegs
July 22, 2:15pm

spray
Its not lethal, and someone that threatened you enough to warrant being sprayed certainly isnt going to "turn you in" . If that was my best means of defense at the moment, I wouldnt hesit...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
July 22, 9:40am

junk
I dont worry about what I eat on the trail. If I was on a really long trek, like a couple of months, sure I would. But for a week or so, no way. The more junk I eat, the more calories I can co...

In Philosophy & Technique » GORP
July 22, 5:32am

security
I grew up in an area in the southeast US, in the middle of millions of acres of paper company timberland and National forest lands. I remember as far back as the 70s the police busting pot farms i...

July 21, 3:05pm

UL
As far as UL, it can cost from $400 to $2000, depending on what you want to spend. UL gear does not have to be more expensive than heavy conventional gear, much of it is cheaper. An alcohol stove ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » first time hiker help me out with some basics so i can enjoy it as much as you guys
July 21, 2:39pm

gorp
I love trail mix. All kinds. With dried fruit, etc. I dont like yogurt covered things in them. We had some with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips last time that was really good. D...

In Philosophy & Technique » GORP
July 20, 7:15pm

violence
They have been busting pot farms on forest land for decades. Usually easy to spot from the air. You have to remember 2 things: 1) if its not ready at hand, it probably wont do you any good ...

July 20, 5:23pm

Oximeter
$40 is expensive, you can get them for $20. Lots of old or sick people with decreased pulmonary function use them to let them know when they need to breathe oxygen.

In GEAR » hypoxia meter
July 17, 9:39pm

gear
All gear has its place. Some is suited for 1 week UL trip , and may need maintenace afterwards. Some is better suited for 1 yr, 4000 mile trip, you dont want failures on the trail I would...

In GEAR » Help me decide: cuben vs. silnylon for Skyscape upgrade
July 16, 9:10pm

troop
To have a thriving troop, all many need is a constant influx of new crossovers from cub scouts every year. Some troops dont care that they lose kids every yr as they get older and less interested ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » How often backpacking?
July 16, 5:23pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm