BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1520 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...152

Forum » Thread

jello
Two issues stopped me. 1) couldnt find a refrigerator light enough 2) also couldnt find an extension cord long enough.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Don't use jello for protein
March 02, 7:04pm

you need
1) down booties 2) puffy jacket with sleeves 3) warm hat or hood You might be a bit cool near dawn, but usually only for a couple hrs at most.

In GEAR » Layer to bring 30 degree bag to 20?
March 02, 6:58pm

itineraries
You should realize that the standard "itineraries" dont have to be YOUR "itinerary", You are limited to where you camp, but you can make your own as far as the activities go. ...

In Philmont » 2012 Itineraries are Posted!
March 02, 3:09pm

gnat
the Gnats design doesnt lend itself to making a light Al windscreen that can enclose the burner head and pot bottom, there isnt anything to mount it on with the pot supports on top of the burner. ...

In GEAR » monatauk gnat vs snowpeak litemax
March 01, 5:33pm

bears
I expect the odds are similar to the safety triangle formed by statistical accident data in industrial risk management: i.e. for every 1 death, there are likely ~30 accidents/near misses, and ~...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Bear Attacks" by Stephen Herrero
February 29, 6:51pm

Hexamid twin inner net by Bearpaw
Anyone have any experience with the hexamid twin inner net (modified pyranet) that Bearpaw makes? Since Zpacks doesnt offer it, looks interesting. Particularly interested in weight, fit, performa...

In GEAR » Hexamid twin inner net by Bearpaw
February 29, 4:56pm

shoes
yep, the widest point on my foot is where the ball of the big toe is, which is typically the widest point on most shoes. I rarely have shoe issues. Foot used to be 9.5 but has spread to 11 nowday...

In GEAR » do Inov8 shoes tend to be on the narrow side?
February 29, 3:50pm

feet
as requested:

February 29, 3:13pm

pack
13.5 sounds like a large torso length to me for a 55 lb scout, especially if they are 10 yo and just crossed over. Are you sure thats correct? There are a few packs that go down to 13", but y...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backpack for a Small Scout
February 28, 8:37pm

fit
Nope, they are normal to me. I find NB and Innov8 similar, good fit to heel and midfoot, and moderately wide toebox. I have some Nike that are NARROW. My Innov8 is 330 also.

February 28, 8:18pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm