Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1463 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...147

Forum » Thread

Rae Lakes Loop – 5/21-22/10 (Snowshoe)
Overview This trip starts at Roads End in Kings Canyon. It is approximately 40 miles. (GPS lost power at Glen Pass at 18.1, NPS claims 46 and mapping software claims 36) I made the trip CCW beca...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rae Lakes Loop – 5/21-22/10 (Snowshoe)
August 17, 8:14am

Re: JMT High Mileage
Day 3 will be the toughest. I would go to the Mono Creek Bridge which would cut your 33.8 miles down to about 30. Also, Bear Ridge is one my least favorite parts of the trail and there are some k...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Mileage JMT
August 17, 7:10am

Re: High Mileage JMT
I did the JMT in about 9 1/2 days and it's not that tough if you are in good shape. Also: 1) You should have your footware dialed in so you aren't getting blisters. 2) Lightweight gear i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Mileage JMT
August 16, 7:58pm

Great Trip Report
Would have liked to have joined you for this trip. Great to see what was beneath all the snow that I crossed in May. Safe to assume Kat was pulling everyone along?

In Post-Trip Reports » Rae Lakes, 12th to 15th Aug. 2010
August 16, 6:32pm

Re: Re: Re: How fast do you hike?
""3) Average hiking speed - 3.0mph (Includes all breaks, elevation gain up to 10k and 48 miles.)" You do 10K feet of elevation gain in a day?" Yes, on all of my AT "t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 4:17pm

Re: How fast do you hike?
Treadmill speed and hiking speed will be two completely different critters. 1) Treadmill speed - 4.5mph @10 deg incline 2) Instantaneous hiking speed - 3.5mph 3) Average hiking speed - 3.0mph ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Calorie & hydration comsumption
"Unfortunately the Hammer Nutrition website has alot of crap for information that is wrong." While I would agree that Hammer and most other supplement websites skew the information to ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 16, 9:04am

AT
The AT in Georgia is very nice. You can park at Amicalola State Park Visitors Center and hike the approach trail to Springer Mountain. I would be more than happy to shuttle you forward so you can...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in the southeast?
August 15, 7:13pm

Re: Re: Have fun!
Just did a similiar route a couple of weeks ago, MTR to evolution lake. No worries on stream crossings, they're way down. Definitely consider Darwin Bench, it's a pretty easy hike up and ...

In Gear Lists » JMT 6 days
August 13, 5:34pm

Re: Tehipite Valley to VVR
its on my snowshoe list. Give us a full report!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Remote Tehipite Valley
August 13, 5:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.