BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1447 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: Need Partner-Remote Kings Middle Fork 11-day epic 8/27-9/6
I did most of your option 2. It has my favorite place in the Sierra, Marion Lake. You are in for a treat.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Need Partner-Remote Kings Middle Fork 11-day epic 8/27-9/6
August 06, 1:56pm

Shoes
" had a bunch of foot problems in the first half of the trip, all of which seemed to be related to the interface between my toes and the fronts of my close-toed shoes." Shoes too small...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT, July 14-25
August 05, 8:15am

Re: Re: Powdered fuels & hydration
"On the hydration thing, I drink up to 88 oz an hour for the first 8 or so hours of my day during the work week and have no issues. Yes, I pee a lot. No, I don't get hyponatremia. It's...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 04, 11:01am

Re: Re Happy Feet
I use generic foot powder. I have tried glide and other "goopy" stuff but it makes a mess on your socks and attracts dust. I will use medicated foot powder on longer trips, the brand is...

In GEAR » Need Weird Advice. Urgent!
August 03, 2:40pm

Re: Greg- Exits Vs XA
"How cold is it before you switch to maybe boots or something?" Never. I snowshoe in my XA's and hike in them year round. That's in the Sierras, Death Valley, Georgia, so prett...

In GEAR » Salomon Exit Aero Light Hikers Reviews
August 03, 11:43am

My happy feet
Salomon XA 3 Pro (GTX) or Aero Exit with a single pair of Wrightsocks and foot powder. I would never buy another pair of GTX but these I bought before I learned better. Even with the GTX I have...

In GEAR » Need Weird Advice. Urgent!
August 03, 11:35am

Re: Salomon Exit Aero Light Hikers Reviews
I have been using these off and on for the last two years. I have two pairs of them that I am wearing out and also use my favorite, Salomon XA Pro 3d Ultra. I have done up to 32 miles per day in ...

In GEAR » Salomon Exit Aero Light Hikers Reviews
August 03, 7:03am

Carbon Copy David
Just completed a 3 nighter with about 5K in elevation change. Eat just under 1500/day and ended up losing about 5lbs. on that trip. I was 6'2" 195lbs. Normally, my trips are higher mil...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 02, 8:03pm

A mild wino
Just haven't figured out how to make it ultralight. But, the perfect place for a nice Chianti...... Ken, We'll have to violate ultralight and have a couple bottle of our favorite...

In Chaff » Any BPL Winos Out There
July 25, 2:54pm

Re: Re: I wanna go back to Darwin Bench!
If you really want some cross country.... Piute then over Alpine Col to Darwin Bench and out Lamarck. Or if you really want a challenge then give Snow Tongue Pass a try to cross Glacier Divide....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
July 20, 6:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.