Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1477 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...148

Forum » Thread

JMT/SHR Trip 9/24-26(TM to Red's)
Anyone interested in a combo JMT/SHR trip leaving TM on Friday and returning back on Sunday. This is a 55 mile loop with about 2/3rd's on trail and the remainder off. The JMT section crosses ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT/SHR Trip 9/24-26(TM to Red's)
September 20, 6:11pm

Another approach
Mike, My gear matches yours 95%. But another approach that could be taken is to take each area and go through the pros and cons of each area and explain the why behind the choices you made. The ...

In Gear Lists » 8 pound base weight
September 20, 8:10am

Re: Good Trail-Runner to Backpack With??
I have both Salomon XA Pro 3d and my latest favorite the La Sportiva Wildcat. I just ordered four more pairs of the Wildcats for my PCT hike to go along with two pairs of Salomons and another Wild...

In GEAR » Good Trail-Runner to Backpack With??
September 10, 10:14am

bivy
I love my bivy and use it most nights without the tarp weather permiting. Don't know about others but I have had great luck extending my temperature rating of my quilt with my bivy. I beleive...

In Gear Lists » What am I doing wrong here?
September 09, 4:41pm

Re: I don't like hiking.
Pretty much I am the complete opposite. I love the physical aspect of hiking, the challenge to see to you can make it over the next pass before dark, can you beat your distance, speed or any oth...

In Chaff » I don't like hiking.
September 09, 8:39am

Winter Camping
I started doing winter snowshoe trips into the heart of the Sierra two years ago. It is a wonderful and challenging experience. To answer a couple of questions: 1) I take almost the exact same s...

In Winter Hiking » Winter hiking FAQ?
September 07, 5:45pm

GTX Shoes for Dust
Did a very dusty hike this weekend and ended up with very black feet. (Sure we've all been there.) Started wondering if GTX shoes along with some Dirty Girl gaiters would reduce or eliminate t...

In GEAR » GTX Shoes for Dust
August 30, 4:56pm

Chaffing
Had major chaffing problems on very high mileage days until: 1) Boxer Briefs 2) Medicated powder. 3) Wipes twice a day. Did a four day trip last weekend including two 40 mile days. Happy to ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Chaffing
August 30, 12:08pm

More options
I would challenge the "quickness" of tent vs tarp. How many times do you really need the tarp when hiking in the Sierras. If no tarp needed then the tent takes longer to set up. This w...

In GEAR » Too many shelter options-I need to focus!
August 25, 4:50pm

Tahoe Rim Trail - Bear Boxes?
Anybody know if there is a bear box at the Brockway Summit trailhead?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tahoe Rim Trail - Bear Boxes?
August 22, 7:58am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.