Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1505 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...151

Forum » Thread

Frameless Pack on thru
Conflicting opinions are stated on framed vs frameless packs. But many fail to mention the base or total pack weight which may explain much of the conflicting opinion. My two cents. I have car...

In Gear Lists » PCT Gear List 2011
November 04, 12:48pm

11/3 Tioga Road Open!
A great excuse for all you SF Bay area folks to do a late season east side trip into the Sierra. The road opened back up yesterday.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 11/3 Tioga Road Open!
November 03, 8:15am

Re: It's a go
Kat, I'm in town and heading into the hills that weekend. I am looking at redoing the Rae Lakes Loop in a day but I need the weather and snow conditions to cooperate in order to do this. If ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » November, Big Sur
November 01, 9:39am

Re: The High Cost of Living
My big and expensive event will be the PCT next year. I will have to take a two month leave of absense not to mention the 5 pairs of shoes and other consumable gear. That R2R2R trip sounds inte...

In Other Activities » The High Cost of Living
October 28, 8:21am

Re: Re: re
Mark, Dan summarized this perfectly. For the Sierras I have used a 20 degree quilt (Golite UL-20)year round. Some may argue that this is the same as a 30 degree bag so I may use the exact same s...

In GEAR » sleeping bags and down clothes question
October 27, 1:58pm

go hike
If you are in ATL then go up and day hike the AT and other trails up north. You don' have to wait to do it all at once. Cohutta and Chatooga River are also great areas. If you haven't day ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
October 27, 9:27am

Re: What matters most
Where's the Carbon Flame War thread?

In Chaff » What Matters Most
October 26, 6:59pm

Re: Goat Kills Hiker?!??!!??
Great, now I have to worry about bears, snakes, cougars AND Mountain goats. I think I will just stay in the city where it's safer.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Goat Kills Hiker?!??!!??
October 25, 9:29am

Re: eVent Pant
I use the REI Sahara pants for snowshoeing and I haven't had a problem with them getting wet. Would higher gaiter serve the same purpose without the sacrifice of breathability?

In GEAR » eVent Pant
October 25, 9:03am

Re: How do you load your pack?
My goal is to never have to access my pack during the day while hiking. So... From Bottom to top. 1) Quilt in bivy loose at the bottom. 2) Tarp 3) Stove - if carried. 4) Pad in front. 5) F...

In GEAR » How do you load your pack?
October 23, 7:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.