BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1415 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...142

Forum » Thread

Re: JMT Logistics
You could hike from Whitney to Roads end in SEKI and then make arrangements to get to Fresno. I got a ride on Craigs list for the ride at $100.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT 2011!!
July 12, 2:55pm

How about Reno
You could be car free by going into Reno. There is a bus that runs from Reno down into the Owens Valley (eastern sierra transport authority). Take it to Lee Vining or Mammoth. There is another b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT 2011!!
July 12, 8:56am

Winter vs. Summer
I would also disagree that winter vs. summer is a big deal when it comes to gear selection. I add some additional gear, sleeping bag liner, gloves, thermorest) but it fits in my trusty old Jam2. ...

In GEAR » Ultralight from scratch, not practical.
July 09, 12:10pm

Re: yup
"yup, not only do I do this but i recently cut my balls off too to save some weight." I may have to try this. It would cut ten lbs. off my base weight. :0

In GEAR » Camp Shoes
July 08, 4:22pm

Another Option
Enter via Cottonwood Pass. Day hike Whitney from Crabtree Meadows. Hike north on JMT. Have a canister mailed to Reds and use for last three? days. This is very likely what I will do on my PCT t...

In GEAR » JMT with Ursack
July 08, 12:49pm

Re: Not allowed for use in parks
"I just checked with Sierra NF. They are OK with it but not acceptable in Yosemite or Kings Canyon." Not exactly. You can legally hike the JMT if you: 1) can do some high milage days...

In GEAR » JMT with Ursack
July 08, 11:59am

Snow or mosquitoes or both
You would have to go WAY up in the snow to avoid the skitos and the best part is when you are postholing through the snow AND swatting the bloodsuckers.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Nevada backpacking next weekend
July 08, 9:12am

Many crossings
I was over Glen in Early May and the main pack of PCT hikers have crossed as well. From the latest trail journals it sounds like there is still solid snow most of the way north of Charlotte Lake.

In Post-Trip Reports » Anyone travel Rae Lakes Loop? 2010
July 06, 5:41pm

Another Factor
I find this whole conversation fascinating because I really have struggled being able to eat on my Sierra trips regardless of what I ate. But, I have also paid the price by losing almost 15lb on m...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » need in increase calorie intake
July 06, 9:56am

Bacon
Take some bacon bits and mix in with mashed potatoes or mac and cheese. Everything is better with bacon.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » need in increase calorie intake
July 04, 1:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.