BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1441 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: Salomon Exit Aero Light Hikers Reviews
I have been using these off and on for the last two years. I have two pairs of them that I am wearing out and also use my favorite, Salomon XA Pro 3d Ultra. I have done up to 32 miles per day in ...

In GEAR » Salomon Exit Aero Light Hikers Reviews
August 03, 7:03am

Carbon Copy David
Just completed a 3 nighter with about 5K in elevation change. Eat just under 1500/day and ended up losing about 5lbs. on that trip. I was 6'2" 195lbs. Normally, my trips are higher mil...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 02, 8:03pm

A mild wino
Just haven't figured out how to make it ultralight. But, the perfect place for a nice Chianti...... Ken, We'll have to violate ultralight and have a couple bottle of our favorite...

In Chaff » Any BPL Winos Out There
July 25, 2:54pm

Re: Re: I wanna go back to Darwin Bench!
If you really want some cross country.... Piute then over Alpine Col to Darwin Bench and out Lamarck. Or if you really want a challenge then give Snow Tongue Pass a try to cross Glacier Divide....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
July 20, 6:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Capilene 3 as a mid layer?
"Hi Greg, Do you use Capline 3 as a base layer or mid layer? Patagonia told me that R1 also works as a base layer, so I'm a bit confused.." what art said...... I also use a ...

In GEAR » Capilene 3 as a mid layer?
July 20, 6:26pm

Re: Capilene 3 as a mid layer?
That's what I use and it works in the cold summer mornings and generally all day when snowshoeing.

In GEAR » Capilene 3 as a mid layer?
July 20, 1:12pm

Darwin Recon
Ken, We are planning a night on Darwin Bench. Will check out your suggestion and report back.

July 20, 8:53am

Re: Re: 2 nights
I will very likely have a West Coast trip on one of the adjoining weeks and would love to meet more of the west coast group. Ken, For me the Sierra is opening for the summer Wednesday. Tenat...

July 19, 6:27pm

Thanks Rand....
for the fast response. This is why I love the "cottage manufacturers!"

In GEAR » Esbit in Compact Caldera
July 19, 11:53am

Esbit in Compact Caldera
Can Esbit Tablets be used in a Compact Caldera? If not, why not, what is the failure mode? If so, should the tablet be placed in the stove or on a rock etc?

In GEAR » Esbit in Compact Caldera
July 19, 11:00am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.