Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1191 - 1200 of 1513 | Page: 1 ...111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ...152

Forum » Thread

Two Great pieces of Advice
4. The most spectacular *backpacking* scenery/experiences are not necessarily in the national parks. I've been everywhere in Yosemite but no longer go there b/c frankly the backpacking isn'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weather in the Sierras
November 22, 11:30am

Re: JMT Gear list
You haven't said how many days or miles per day you are planning but unless you are doing 30+ a day you need a bear canister to stay legal. Also, you haven't stated resupply but you are un...

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear list
November 22, 7:47am

Group Hikes
I generally hike alone but have done a couple of trips with groups here at BPL. The issue for me is not rather people are lightweight or not. It is the hiking style with such factors as high mile...

In Philosophy & Technique » Does lightweight philosophy interfere with joining group trips?
November 19, 6:12pm

Real Data
Ypou can see precisely what the temperatures and snow levels are in various places in the Sierra. CDEC is ca data exchange center and has monitoring stations all over the sierras. Here is the add...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weather in the Sierras
November 19, 5:40pm

craigs list
I followed skurka's suggestion and found a ride on Craigs list. It cost me $100 for the 84 mile ride from fresno airport to roads end. I had multiple offers.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Transportation from Kings Canyon Roads End to Fresno?
November 18, 7:44am

Re: Easy Classic Yosemite
I would do the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne if Tioga Road is Open. You could make very short days if you wanted and the falls are spectular.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Easy Classic Yosemite
November 16, 3:11pm

I'm in
Weather took a turn for the worse so looks like I will be joining you. I will be leaving the east bay a little after noon on Friday. If anyone is heading in from the area on Friday I would be mor...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » November, Big Sur
November 08, 1:04pm

Ready, Set.........
Today I officially put in my request for a leave of absence to hike the PCT this coming up summer. I have the gear locked in, been doing long distance runs and hikes for the last year and have tak...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ready, Set.........
November 05, 2:27pm

Frameless Pack on thru
Conflicting opinions are stated on framed vs frameless packs. But many fail to mention the base or total pack weight which may explain much of the conflicting opinion. My two cents. I have car...

In Gear Lists » PCT Gear List 2011
November 04, 12:48pm

11/3 Tioga Road Open!
A great excuse for all you SF Bay area folks to do a late season east side trip into the Sierra. The road opened back up yesterday.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 11/3 Tioga Road Open!
November 03, 8:15am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.