BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1181 - 1190 of 1573 | Page: 1 ...110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: Insulating Jacket... what is the most thermally efficient?
Ryan - What is the double layer loft of an Alpine Light Down jacket?

In GEAR » Insulating Jacket... what is the most thermally efficient?
October 25, 6:43pm

Re: Black Diamond Megalite Weight?
Mine weighs 34.5 oz after seam sealing and adding 4 extra loops at the corners to facilitate a higher pitch option.

In GEAR » Black Diamond Megalite Weight?
October 22, 7:23pm

Mont-bell Super Stretch Burrow Bag Loft?
Please post the double layer loft for any model of this bag you have access to. Also specify the approximate age of the bag you measured since the loft will drop with use. Brett - Are you going ...

In GEAR » Mont-bell Super Stretch Burrow Bag Loft?
October 12, 1:16am

Re: Fix for Slipping Cord Lock on Belt?
Remove the cord lock from the belt. Take the spring out of the cord lock and stretch it out to retension it to the desired value. Reassemble and it should work as good as new.

In GEAR » Fix for Slipping Cord Lock on Belt?
October 06, 12:25pm

Re: higher Snoqualmie or lower Backcomb?
EJ - I used trail runners, Gore-Tex socks, and over boots when I started out snow shoeing a few years ago. Everything seemed to work OK, but I didn't do any difficult terrain the first couple o...

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 02, 8:45am

Re: Re: Re: Moisture absorption in textiles
Tom - The following data will support the summary conclusions that I posted earlier. I decided that a table of data would be less boring than addressing this topic in narrative form. This is an ...

In GEAR » Moisture absorption in textiles
October 01, 10:46pm

Re: Re: Moisture absorption in textiles
Tom – You need to stop spending so much time indoors thinking. Go for a walk; read Rogers reply; go for a walk; read this reply; go for a walk; and then post "Forget I asked that". You ...

In GEAR » Moisture absorption in textiles
October 01, 3:23pm

Re: Found the successor - the Keen Blackcomb boot; Proper sizing
EJ - The Blackcomb looks like a nice winter boot. Unlike the Growler, it doesn't seem to have the heel engineered for a snow shoe strap nor does it have a metal ring for easily un-attaching a f...

In GEAR » Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
October 01, 2:55pm

Re: Good light late fall/winter hiking boot - Keen Growler or TNF Storm Peak? Where to find Growler?
EJ - I bought my Keen Growlers at Zappos two years ago. They are true to size, warm, dry, and extremely comfortable. I order one size up for winter boots so that I can wear thick socks for addition...

October 01, 11:49am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Warmth, weight and loft
Harold-I multiplied by 2.5 because the product is the weight in oz. Look up the weight of a 1" thick yd2 piece of Primaloft to see the consistency in this green column. You will find that it w...

In GEAR » What's the benefit of synthetic?
September 26, 11:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm