Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

todd h (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SE
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd h

Showing 1181 - 1190 of 1989 | Page: 1 ...110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ...199

Forum » Thread

Re: Feeling like an impostor these days
Being in Florida, I unfortunately can relate! When the folks in Colorado smile about "the hiking season" (summer), I get soooooo bummed. It's just no fun around here from late Apr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Feeling like an impostor these days
February 25, 9:10pm

Re: Edited original post
If you find the Ultra20 to be a 30degree quilt for you, then I'd say you are correct that the pad & pack are the problem. You can probably get by w/a 1/8" thinlight to reduce bulk (...

In GEAR » How to take my 3/4 length Prolite Plus down to 20F
February 25, 9:05pm

Re: Driducks poncho bivi - condensation problem
I've used my sleeping bag cover (JRB used to sell them) made out of the same material many times over the years and have never had condensation. I'm at a loss as to why your had so much...

In Make Your Own Gear » Driducks poncho bivi - condensation problem
February 24, 7:25pm

Re: material
After talking to a few folks I've come to the conclusion it was more the thick fog and too much insulation (making me put off moisture) for low 50* temps.

In GEAR » Bivy? What bivy?
February 24, 7:11pm

Re: use with a tarp
No tarp, Joshua. Just out in the open.

In GEAR » All wet in my bivy - WHY?
February 23, 6:45am

Re: My new MYOG Blog
Sam, Very nice. I like your writing - especially the "why's" - why you made it the way you did, etc. The weight of that vest is awesome. Todd

In Make Your Own Gear » My new MYOG Blog
February 21, 8:11pm

Re: 4.9oz m50 down jacket
That's beautiful! How did you do each chamber? ie: leave a small hole and stuff, then sew shut? Or another way? You did a great job.

In Make Your Own Gear » 4.9oz m50 down jacket
February 21, 3:27pm

Re: Re: All wet in my bivy - WHY?
Bob, I did consider it, but when I awoke to all the fog I was concerned it might get even worse. I hadn't experienced this high degree of condensation and it was quite bothersome. Maybe ...

February 19, 8:18pm

Re: Re: All wet in my bivy - WHY?
Thanks Douglas!

February 19, 8:14pm

All wet in my bivy - WHY?
Last night I slept in my Oware sil bottom / Epic top bivy w/mesh window. I was wearing poly long johns, sleeping on a GG thinlight & BMW Torsolite, with my Golite Ultra20. Temps low 50'...

February 19, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by todd h

todd h has posted no reviews.