BPL Community Profile

Tad Englund (bestbuilder) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me I like to be outside
CitySeattle Area
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://englundhomes.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tad Englund

Showing 1181 - 1190 of 1298 | Page: 1 ...110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130

Forum » Thread

Wonderland- check your weights
Great read, glad you had fun. You carried more weight then you thought- Here are 2 that jumped out at me: REI Sahara convertable pants weight more than 2.5 oz, the leg zippers weigh that much. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight in Wonderland
December 10, 10:48am

Re: Having trouble pitching my tarptent w/ trekking poles to shed precip
Bryce, #1 your ridge guy line is to short. With a longer line (15 ft) you will be able to get a better angle on the "line to tarp", getting it closer to the height of where it intersect...

In GEAR » Having trouble pitching my tarptent w/ trekking poles to shed precip
December 08, 9:14pm

You need a dog bite kit first
Leave the snake kit home! You will need a kit for a number of higher percentage bite first. (the Coghlan kit is worthless anyway, Sawyer is the only one that is recommended lately if you use one a...

In GEAR » VOTE: Snakebite Kit (Take it / Leave it)
December 02, 5:23pm

Re: GG Thinlight w/ BA Insulated Air Core
David, I think you will be pushing the envelope with that set up. Please review this thread Question of the day Pay particular attention to Richard Nisley's remarks.

In GEAR » GG Thinlight w/ BA Insulated Air Core
December 02, 2:03pm

Re: Kid and Dad are a handful
I think Bob is on the right track. I would also talk with Philmont and see how they handle this situation and how they handle a boys who needs to be sent home early (I know they have dealt with th...

In Philmont » Kid and Dad are a handful
November 28, 12:16am

Re: Re: Re: Measuring Cup
Rand, how much would the shipping be? I know you would have to put them in a box to protect them. Donna, I spent one whole afternoon going to all the local pharmacy's asking if they had a c...

In GEAR » Should I go for simply an alcohol stove or a Caldera Cone?
November 25, 4:35pm

Re: Measuring Cup
Rand, I received my measuring cup with my Caldera in October (great product) the measuring cup that came with it was destroyed with in the first 5 minutes I tried it out. I used it to fill the sto...

In GEAR » Should I go for simply an alcohol stove or a Caldera Cone?
November 24, 10:55pm

Dumping H20
James, wouldn't dumping 6 gallons of water at the top of a building be a waste? 6 gal a day, 5 days a week for a month would be +/- 129 gallons, there has got to be a better environment option.

In Gear Swap » WTB - Heavy Backpack
November 24, 10:39pm

Re: WTB - Heavy Backpack
John, I have a great condition Kelty Big Foot 5200 (expands to 7200) with a Dana Design Mystery Ranch suspension system. Use 2-3 times. This pack will comfortably carry what every you want to c...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Heavy Backpack
November 24, 9:58am

Re: Minority Report
Don, I understand your concern and have the same thoughts go through my mind every month when I take the boys out. My approach is to train them on how to stay out of situations that will get them ...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
November 23, 4:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Tad Englund

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
The mattress totally sucked the heat out of me. See this thread for more info about this mattress.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 11, 6:39pm