BPL Community Profile

Tad Englund (bestbuilder) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me I like to be outside
CitySeattle Area
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://englundhomes.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tad Englund

Showing 1181 - 1190 of 1276 | Page: 1 ...109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128

Forum » Thread

Re: Pipette
3 seconds gives you a margin of safety. Also a minute amount of alcohol will stay on the tip even though the liquid is sucked back into the pipette. Allowing it to ignite. Thus the 3 seconds to s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Remote Alcohol Canister Stove
November 03, 10:30pm

Re: Pipettes
Eric, I use a small plastic pipette while working with Bio-diesel titration and I wouldn't want to put one of those directly in the flame..... After typing the above I decided to go outside an...

November 03, 6:35pm

Re: Remote canister feed StarLyte Stove
So Dan, does the re-filler come with the stove?

November 03, 3:46pm

Re: Ray-Way Tarp Kit and NetTent Kit
I'm interested if its a 2 man size.

In Gear Swap » Ray-Way Tarp Kit and NetTent Kit
November 03, 9:40am

Re: Father / Son Toddler Backpack
Doug, its good to see that you are starting him out right. Long ago I took one of my boys to Olallie, the difference was he was 12, carrying his own stuff of 35 lbs and I was carrying 48 lbs! We ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Father / Son Toddler Backpack
November 01, 11:36am

Re: towels
I like the MSR also. I bought the largest towel they make and cut it in 4ths, saving weight and money. 4 of use have enough towel to dry off or what ever and the cost is a lot better then buying ...

In GEAR » Towel absorbencies
October 30, 11:44am

Re: Komperdell Nature Stick Carbon Trekking Poles Review
These are real cool looking poles- I saw them on there website last week. http://www.komperdell.com/en/stock/touring/snap_lock/175_2501_10.php# Komperdell are rep'd in the US by a company in...

In Editor's Roundtable » Komperdell Nature Stick Carbon Trekking Poles Review
October 30, 11:36am

Re: Marmot Helium or WM Alpinlite Sleeping Bag?
John, I was faced with the very same dilemma a few years back except I was looking at the “Ultralight”. I ended up purchasing the Marmot because I found it on sale (I got the Helium for $230 b...

In GEAR » Marmot Helium or WM Alpinlite Sleeping Bag?
October 29, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Steripen Dying
Well Sarah, thanks for popping my bubble. Just kidding, at the price I picked this up it is worth trying out. I would rather have the option of being able to return it but I think it is worth the...

In GEAR » Steripen Usage
October 26, 11:15am

Steripen Usage- I love this website!
Boy am I glad I read this yesterday.... I went to a REI garage sale this morning and there was a new Steripen Adventure that was marked "won't turn on" @ $29.00. I figured that it ...

In GEAR » Steripen Usage
October 25, 7:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Tad Englund

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
The mattress totally sucked the heat out of me. See this thread for more info about this mattress.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 11, 6:39pm