BPL Community Profile

Bob Bankhead (wandering_bob) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon, USA
About Me Bob Bankhead has not added a biography yet.
CityLake Oswego
StateOR
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Bankhead

Showing 1171 - 1180 of 1288 | Page: 1 ...109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129

Forum » Thread

ultralight bivy
While all 3 members of the BMW Vapr bivy series may be highly touted, they have not been available for a year now. I'm still waiting on a response to my inquiry as to when, if at all, that will...

In GEAR » ultralight bivy
March 16, 1:44pm

Insulated jacket comparisons
Patagonia has a good-sized company store in downtown Portland, OR where you can view and try on its products. 907 Nw Irving St Portland, OR 97207 p: (503) 525-2552 SEATTLE, WA Store: 21...

In GEAR » Insulated jacket comparisons
March 14, 10:02pm

Wild Oasis by Six Moon Design
FYI - the Wild Oasis is essentially the Gatewood Cape minus the hood and adding the mesh sidewalls and door plus a peak vent atop the zippered vestible. It should be an excellent shelter for th...

In GEAR » Wild Oasis by Six Moon Design
March 14, 9:54pm

Pack
I have an almost new Dueter Futura 32 AC available. I bought it last fall but never used it. Excellent condition. 1950 cubic inches; 3 pounds 12 oz, built-in concealed raincover, air mesh backpanel...

In Gear Swap » WTB Sticks
March 11, 3:36pm

Dollar Coins
It is pure economics - the aim is the collector market, not everyday circulation. It's like postage stamps; everyone sold but not used is a net profit to the govenment. The USPS learned th...

In GEAR » MontBell's New 800fp Down Bags Are Here
March 10, 6:39pm

Ursack TKO not approved (yet)
Here is the appropriate posting directly from the Ursack blogpot website and posted without asking permission. Somehow, I doubt they will mind. The quote from the former Yosemite ranger's Ma...

In GEAR » Ursack TKO not approved (yet)
March 10, 6:28pm

Camp 6 Point ALUMINUM crampons
I've got a pair I never used. Not a scratch on them. Confirming your request: These are the recently-discontinued blue aluminum version, complete with carrying sack and adjustment tool. On my d...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Camp 6 Point ALUMINUM crampons
March 08, 6:30pm

Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
IMO, "BackPacker" is not targeting folks like us with their marketing thrusts and articles. They are aiming for the uninitiated masses, sweating in their cubicles while staring at screen-...

In GEAR » Bacpacker Magazine award to Big Sky
March 06, 8:18am

The bare naked truth
You have to forgive him. Old habits die hard. I've heard rumors that Will used to work for Stephenson Warmlight; something to do with catalogue productions.............:D

In Chaff » The bare naked truth
February 18, 9:52am

Breathable Liner for the Double Rainbow Tarptent
See http://www.tarptent.com/doublerainbowliner.html for pictures and explanations.

In GEAR » Breathable Liner for the Double Rainbow Tarptent?
February 14, 7:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Bankhead

Showing 1 - 10 of 17 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Western Mountaineering The Company
WM products are a 5+ WM the company does not sell direct, only through dealers, ergo end-user contacts would not be expected. Their printed catalogues do list their address and FAX and telephone nu...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 24, 3:33pm

Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce
I use a lot of Mountain House Pro Packs and as much as I like the flavor and texture of this item, I avoid it like the plague. The overwhelming downside is the cheese they use. It does NOT rehydra...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
October 05, 5:17pm

Mountain House Sweet and Sour Pork with Rice
One of my favorite Mountain House meals, albeit a tad too sweet for my taste; too much pineapple, not enough sour sauce. Nonetheless, it makes a great motivator to get to a dinner spot when I know one...

October 03, 6:26pm

Mountain House Precooked Scrambled Eggs with Bacon
I tried these several years ago when they first came out - no bacon in them then. They were horrible! Like a previous reviewer said, virtually flavorless yellow sponges. Last year I noticed they ha...

October 03, 6:21pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I decided not to buy these when they first came out because fully closed they were too long to carry on my pack in checked baggage on the plane, and I really didn't want to hassel with the maili...

In Trekking Poles
September 24, 11:15pm

Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape
I just returned from 22 nights in the high Sierra on the PCT and JMT. I had two days of constant high winds in Onion Valley, with sustained gusts to at least 50 mph. My trusty Gatewood Cape flapped a ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 24, 9:23am

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
We have TWO Traveler packs. Early in 2008, we were shopping for a new pack for my wife, who has a short 14-1/2 inch torso length. We drove out to Ron's house to try the SMD Essence, but it did not...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 06, 10:35am

Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Sack
In addition to silnylon, Sea to Summit also now makes their Dry Sack line in eVENT fabric, both with and without compression capability. evac Dry Sack: available in 3, 5, 8, 13, 20, 35, and 65 lite...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 21, 9:08pm

Therm-A-Rest Ridgerest
This has been my "go-to" sleeping pad for many years on the PCT. I've tried a variety of others but keep returning to this little beauty. It does a great job of insulating one from th...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
May 17, 8:26am

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I have found them to be quite effective in the Sierras the past two summers. I have a Bearikade Expedition, and if you're not careful, the metal edges around the latches can slice an OP sak wh...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 21, 10:07pm