Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

todd h (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SE
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd h

Showing 1171 - 1180 of 1967 | Page: 1 ...109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ...197

Forum » Thread

Re: Huron-Manistee National Forest, Feb 10-11-2011
Ike, That's a healthy trout! Looks like a great time. I've never camped in that kind of snow but you seem to have mastered it! Thanks for sharing. Todd

In Post-Trip Reports » Huron-Manistee National Forest, Feb 10-11-2011
February 12, 6:53pm

Re: Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
Jamie, You have inspired many hikers on this forum to dig deeper and lighten the load! I remember when you wrote about your 5lb Ion trip - light bulbs turned on all across the country! Your ...

In Gear Lists » Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
February 12, 10:04am

Re: Insultex insulation
Go over to hammockforums.net. All the info you could want. Many are using it....

In Make Your Own Gear » Insultex insulation
February 12, 9:50am

Re: Big Agnes Pad Shortening How-to
Great write-up, Jerry! Thanks for the informative pics, too. I'm sure others will do this now that you've taken the plunge. Todd

In Make Your Own Gear » Big Acnes Pad Shortening How-to
February 11, 7:11pm

I'm with ya, David!!!!

February 11, 9:35am

Mike, I like your reasons to do 5lb!! Nice list, too. I won't even try to contemplate the kind of distance you can cover in a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. What do you use for a pillow? ...

February 10, 8:16pm

"Try offering the OP solutions or say noting at all." JJ: Perhaps Chris asked the question so he could tailor his advice in some way? Todd

February 10, 8:15pm

Re: First 2 MYOG Packs
Michael, your packs look great! The pockets (esp on the 1st one) are just what I would want. And the thick shoulder straps on the 2nd will be worth it. Nice job!

In Make Your Own Gear » First 2 MYOG Packs
February 10, 7:08pm

Re: tin can as pot?
Claudio, Tin cans (those originally used for food, anyway) are fine for boiling water. At least for a few trips minimum. Most have an epoxy (or other similar) resin lining which can come off...

In GEAR » newbie looking for advice, current gear, future gear?
February 09, 2:13pm

Re: pad
Mat, I thought about this method, too. But alas, it only works for back sleepers, and I roll all night long! I poked holes in my sit pad and toggled it to my Montbell pad.

In GEAR » Putting velcro on a Prolite
February 08, 10:01am

All Reader Reviews by todd h

todd h has posted no reviews.