BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 1171 - 1180 of 1684 | Page: 1 ...109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ...169

Forum » Thread

MYOG 4.95 oz pack
Jamie, Question about your awesome pack: How wide are your shoulder straps? I like the apparent extra width, and the "loops" on the front of them. Todd

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG 4.95 oz pack
April 04, 10:00am

Re: 3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)
Mike, I don't know what to say! You have your list dialed in for your style, and are "ruthless" (in a good way) at advising us on slashing ounces & pounds!! Things like y...

In Gear Lists » 3-season GEAR LIST (assistance)
April 03, 8:21pm

Re: Thom's tyvek GCB (ground cover bivy)
Thom, That is very generous! Kudos to you for helping the Scouts. What a great example you set! Todd

In Make Your Own Gear » thoms tyvek GCB (ground cover bivy)
April 03, 2:39pm

Re: MLD superlight - full net hood?
My Meteor (SMD) has a full net - I like the breathability and airiness. It's colder in strong wind. My Oware bivy has a net window - I like it for better warmth and wind protection. Ther...

In GEAR » MLD superlight - full net hood?
April 02, 12:47pm

Re: Shelter conundrum
Thomas, assuming you carry a rain jacket with the alternate shelters, then the Gatewood/Serenity combo comes in at less weight than your other options combined, since with it you won't need...

In GEAR » Shelter conundrum
March 29, 9:20am

Re: Our new little hiker
Sarah, You've done good!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for all of you. Walker's lucky to have such a great Mom! Todd

In Chaff » Our new little hiker
March 28, 11:18am

Re: FS: Garmin Vista HCx GPS; RAT Izula knife
I'll take the RAT! PM sent.

In Gear Swap » FS: Garmin Vista HCx GPS; RAT Izula knife
March 10, 8:10am

Re: What does panel loading mean?
Elizabeth, While a "traditional" top loader has the collar / extension collar on top of the pack with a drawcord opening, a panel loader offers access to pack contents via the FRONT of...

In GEAR » Ultralight (or even lightweight) panel loading packs
March 04, 11:36am

Re: Simblissity BotSpot - thumbs up or down?
FWIW, I don't use shockcord. I use regular cord as I've had the shock cord stretch due to bottle weight on rough terrain while "jogging" for a stretch and the bottle fell out.

In GEAR » Simblissity BotSpot - thumbs up or down?
February 27, 8:54am

Re: Simblissity BotSpot - thumbs up or down?
EJ, I, too, use the cord method. Works great with one occasional downfall - If I fail to tighten the cord enough, the bottle falls to the ground. IMAGINE THAT!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, though, I...

In GEAR » Simblissity BotSpot - thumbs up or down?
February 26, 2:02pm

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.