BPL Community Profile

Tad Englund (bestbuilder) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me I like to be outside
CitySeattle Area
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://englundhomes.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tad Englund

Showing 1141 - 1150 of 1268 | Page: 1 ...106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ...127

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: insulated pads
The one I have is an Insulated AirCore. I used it w/o anything else and it was cold!

In GEAR » which pad for 20 F
December 11, 12:23pm

Re: insulated pads
Do not use the Big Agnes AirCore pads. they will suck the heat right out of you at anything under 30*F, especially 20*! I'm speaking from experience.

In GEAR » which pad for 20 F
December 11, 11:41am

Re: Re: Great Products - Dump names
Denis, I had just seen "balaclava" spelled out about 20 times in a few minutes on this forum and finally snapped!

In Chaff » Great Products - Dump names
December 11, 10:54am

Re: Re: Re: Gatewood Cape
Jesse, I do pitch it with the extended guys most of the time (ventilation). I never really look to see the actual height of the pole because I change it to accommodate a tight pitch (angled front,...

In Gear Lists » My First Gear List
December 11, 10:37am

Re: Gatewood Cape
Jesse, I'm 6'2-1/2" and the Cape is tight for me. I almost touch both ends regardless of how it pitched. I use it because of its weight (or lack thereof). When staked to the ground ...

December 10, 8:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Great Products - Dump names
>>No it was the Crimean War 1853 - 1856. Charge of the Light Brigade, Battle of Balaclava, etc.<< My Bad... I was shooting from the hip on the History, regardless we need to come up wi...

December 10, 3:58pm

Sorry, its Crimean Campaign, not war. (1941-1942) For more information about the origins of the balaclava see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaclava_(clothing) I think cap is a lot easier t...

December 10, 3:04pm

Roger, is not that I want to "dumb it down", I just think there should be a better way to say it. We have come up with the words Gas or Petrol instead of "aliphatic hydrocarbons&quo...

December 10, 2:29pm

Great Products - Dumb names
Why do we have to call it a Balaclava? It is just a hat/cap with a hole in the middle. We have a cap, hat, beanie, Tuque (Canadian Cap), stocking cap and other single are small double syllable w...

December 10, 1:43pm

Re: My First Gear List
Jesse, I've never hiked in VA in the winter so I don't know what the weather is like most of the time, but I know that it does snow some times there? You said you are hiking in a couple of ...

December 10, 11:34am

All Reader Reviews by Tad Englund

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
The mattress totally sucked the heat out of me. See this thread for more info about this mattress.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 11, 6:39pm