Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1413 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...142

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Getting in shape for a thruhike
Congratulations on completing your hike, Nia! I hiked the PCT this year, too, but I hiked 1800 miles, not the whole thing. (I did the other half last year.) I finished on August 31. I hiked w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting in shape for a thruhike
October 12, 8:05pm

Re: Unforeseen consequences of going light
> On several occasions I've become confused as to my location (lost) and felt blithely unconcerned. How lost were you? I mean, should you have been concerned? Did you have absolutely no i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unforeseen consequences of going light
October 12, 7:48pm

stream xing footwear
Crocs or their knock-off copies are relatively light (compared to other shoes or sandals) and they stay on your feet well, are good camp shoes, and you can hike in them if your hiking shoes are bot...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » stream crossing footwear input needed
October 12, 7:28pm

Enjoy tent camping and hiking
The guy asking said he enjoys tent camping and hiking already, so I didn't think it'd be that much of a huge stretch for him to go backpacking. But yeah, if all he'd ever done in "...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First time backpacking
October 11, 11:51am

Get a map
Get a map. Then create a route that you think you'll enjoy. I think you're going to have to start from a parking lot no matter what you do, unless you can get helicoptered in. But if you me...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Yosemite Route Suggestions
October 11, 8:45am

Re: First time backpacking
It's just walking. Not too complicated. It's just like a day hike except you carry a heavier pack. The end of the day is just like car camping, except there's no car. No need to make it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First time backpacking
October 11, 8:33am

Re: Getting in shape for a thruhike
The best training for backpacking is backpacking. The thing that'll get you at first on the PCT is the heat and the lack of on-trail water. Blisters and dehydration as well as hyponatremia (...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting in shape for a thruhike
October 09, 7:22pm

Re: Where do you carry your layers?
I generally find that I don't need any layers during the day that I didn't start out with in the morning. So, if I started out wearing an extra layer, I just stuff it in an outside pocket o...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where do you carry your layers?
October 07, 4:02pm

Re: Tips/gear for women
I hike in late fall here in Southern California. I don't know if it's the same as where you live. Daytime temps would be around 70 and nighttime temps might be down to mid to upper 20s. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips/gear for women
October 07, 3:55pm

Re: Cleanliness on the trail
If the water to wash up in is too cold, fill up a bottle and let it ride around in your pack in the sun for a while. Then wash up with it later. Washing up at mid-day when it's warm and then do...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cleanliness on the trail
October 07, 3:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.