BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1217 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122

Forum » Thread

Re: Poison Oak!!!
Sounds to me like your best defense would be to learn what poison oak looks like in all stages of its growth and dormancy. Then take care not to rub against it. I've watched other people hike a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poison Oak!!!
February 23, 9:14pm

Re: Is it ok to reuse plastic water bottles?
The thing is, if those plastic bottle exist at all their chemicals are already in "the environment" (as if there is some outside out there far away and safe from where we bury this crap o...

In GEAR » Is it ok to reuse plastic water bottles?
February 22, 10:22pm

Almost made my own lightweight "backpack"
So I had this crazy idea to make a backpack out of a silnylon compression stuff sack. I tried packing all my things in it and they seemed to fit. So I made a couple of quickie modifications to t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Almost made my own lightweight "backpack"
February 22, 1:45pm

Re: backpack, external or internal frame?
I had never seen anything like the Osprey packs when I bought mine. I had not bought a backpack in decades. It's a pretty clever design and I found it very comfortable against my back. But I...

In GEAR » backpack, external or internal frame?
February 22, 12:16pm

Re: When Less is more!!
It's kind of the same for those of us who are smaller. I'm only 5'3". Smaller clothes don't necessarily weigh all that much less, and my tent/tarp/cook pot etc. is going to ...

In GEAR » When less is more
February 19, 11:39pm

811s
I just ordered some 811s, never owned any before. I don't know what the Vasque look like, but the 811s look like plastic. I'd be surprised if they last 300 miles. But they are light and com...

In GEAR » trail shoes durability
February 19, 8:22am

Re: Wind Jacket VS Rain Jacket
I know I am one who recommended the Driclime. It is not rain gear, though. I find it to be warm and comfortable and when I don't bring it hiking, I use it as a layer when riding my motorcycle. ...

In GEAR » Wind Jacket VS Rain Jacket
February 18, 8:48am

Disgusted?
I sense that there is some hesitation about drinking from natural water sources, whether from you or your 7 year old. You should use the natural water sources rather than carry all the water yo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » newbie, needs some advice
February 17, 6:10pm

Man vs. Wild
I think the point of those shows is to have the same effect that occurs whenever the authorities try to tell you to stay safe, stay indoors during bad weather or something like that. It's to ke...

In GEAR » What would YOU tell an outdoor fabric manufacturer?
February 16, 4:56pm

I don't have a double rainbow but...
I don't have a double rainbow but when I saw that there is a door on each side I was sold. My boyfriend tried to buy one last year but they were sold out and he hasn't tried again. The thou...

In GEAR » Shelter predicament
February 15, 9:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.