BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1273 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...128

Forum » Thread

Re: Re : Will a quilt work for restless side/stomach sleepers?
I'm an extremely restless sleeper. I sleep on all 4 sides of myself. I never could figure out how to get a mummy bag to stay put on me, so rolling over to my side or back meant my face would be...

In GEAR » Will a quilt work for restless side/stomach sleepers?
March 23, 1:23pm

Re: Learning to Walk
Interesting story. Last year I had to get off the PCT in Mt. Shasta because my shoes had ruined my feet. I had had no trouble at all with my feet up until I bought the shoes in Mammoth. Then the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Learning to Walk
March 22, 12:28pm

Thank you
Thank you for your words of experience. I'll leave the netting home then and bring my bug bivy. Once the mosquitos are really annoying, I will have an option to use a tent. But before then and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mosquito barrier choices
March 22, 12:13pm

Mosquito barrier choices
I have a piece of mosquito netting. I inserted a length of elastic into one of the lengthwise outer seams. With this elastic I can attach it to the front open side of my poncho when it is set up in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mosquito barrier choices
March 18, 8:37pm

Re: Ray Jardine's Suggestions
Shoulder carry: I was under the impression that a lot of back/neck problems for women and students are caused by always carrying your purse/bookbag on one shoulder. Sleeping feet uphill: I do th...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ray Jardine's Suggestions
March 18, 4:31pm

Re: The One - Laying space
If you are thinking that 2 inches of pad plus a pillow will have you floating up toward the ceiling with fabric in your face, have no fear. I don't have a picture of myself in my tent, but m...

In GEAR » The One - Laying space
March 16, 3:43pm

Womanly point of view:
You can't zip your sleeping bags together or cuddle in it, though.

In GEAR » Dos Ocupación Pirámide-Tyvek
March 16, 9:04am

Re: Re: Hardrocks fit
I wore Hardrocks last year on the PCT from Sonora Pass to Dunsmuir where my crippled feet made me get off the trail. I was so completely debilitated by them it took several months to recover. At...

In Gear Deals » Montrail Hardrocks $30
March 15, 10:26pm

chafing
There's something called anti-monkey butt powder you could try for chafing. I used it on my feet last year. It's really nice. I also saw a nice Sunday Afternoons hat at the garden store ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hot Spots - What do you do?
March 15, 8:36am

Re: "mere mortal"
Well, at the time I was a "mere mortal" in thru-hiking shape. You said you'd be in marathon shape. I don't think most people could up and walk a marathon every day without being i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » training for backpacking/fastpacking
March 14, 3:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.