Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1340 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...134

Forum » Thread

Hip belt pouches
So this is probably pretty lame. We'll see how it works in real life hiking with the water in it. Sometimes in the desert you need to carry a ton of water. Putting it in the pack makes the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hip belt pouches
April 30, 7:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Fitting shoes
I've occasionally imagined a giant cutting/melting machine that I could just chop off the unused top portion beyond my big toe and have it melt the shoe closed again.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fitting shoes
April 30, 3:20pm

Re: Fitting shoes
My personal experience is to forget everything conventional about fitting shoes. I prefer my shoes big and wide. I don't want any part of them touching my toes. It's the only way for me not...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fitting shoes
April 30, 8:52am

PCT
The PCT is the only long distance trail I've ever hiked and I plan to hike it again. Lots of people make it their first thru hike. I even met someone who made it his first backpacking trip ever...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT or AT first?
April 30, 8:42am

TP true confessions
Ok, so I only recently went to no TP. It was springtime. Lots of fresh greenery available. I need to know how to keep this up. So, what about hiking in the Southern California desert? Where the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toilet Paper
April 23, 6:56pm

LIghtrek
I used the Lightrek 4s on a recent hike where there were something like 100 stream crossings. I don't weigh 165 but I'm not 120, either. I never felt the poles were too flimsy to hold my we...

In GEAR » GG Lightrek 3 weight bearing limit
April 23, 6:51pm

Kilts
I really want a kilt. Would people laugh if a lady wore a kilt? Not a Catholic school-girl kilt but one of those manly American kilts.

In GEAR » Let's talk about the whiz freedom
April 23, 6:46pm

Re: My little ditty bag
I like that you (JJ) have simply stabbed your needle in some foam. I may swap out my needle in the pencil lead container for foam, or else I'll get me some pencil leads and a mechanical pencil ...

In Gear Lists » My little baggie of important dinky stuff
April 23, 6:34pm

Frontier Pro filter leaks
I just got a Frontier Pro inline water filter. I screwed it to my 1L Platypus but the water leaks around the intake. I've screwed it on as tight as it can go, but there is a gap and water still...

In GEAR » Frontier Pro filter leaks
April 23, 9:18am

Re: Re: "Let's talk about the whiz freedom"
I tried one of these types of devices, called a Lady J. The trouble is my outflow was much faster than its outflow. What a horrible mess. Squatting isn't all that bad.

In GEAR » Let's talk about the whiz freedom
April 22, 9:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.