Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1493 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...150

Forum » Thread

Re: Southern Utah
I've been to the Colorado Plateau as a geology student. I think it would be great to hike there. However, it appears that it might be more difficult to fly there than to drive. I wonder if w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hike recommendation
February 10, 5:09pm

Wow!
Wow! Needles looks amazing. I will forward this to my boyfriend and see what he thinks.

February 07, 9:26pm

Re: Re: Hike recommendation
Very funny. I can go backpacking in April where I live and the likelihood there will be no rain is very high. We had considered hiking the Georgia portion of the AT but someone said it rains a lot ...

February 07, 7:15pm

Hike recommendation
Hi there. We've got some airline miles to burn up. We live in California. We'd like to do about a week backpack somewhere in the US in early April, somewhere it's worth it to fly to. We...

February 07, 6:16pm

Re: Who's planning a thru-hike?
>So who are you and what are your plans? I hiked about half the PCT in 2008 and the rest of it plus a little extra in 2009. I don't have any plans now, except maybe to hike portions of the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who's planning a thru-hike?
January 25, 2:42pm

Re: UL and MYOG
Part of the allure of backpacking is self-sufficiency. Some people want to make their own gear. I have had ideas for gear that does not exist. As soon as I own a sewing machine, I'm going to ma...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL and MYOG
January 17, 5:12pm

Re: Training
I went for a hike this weekend with a lady who does the elliptical machine for an hour every day. I don't even know what an elliptical machine is, however if her experience means anything, it i...

In Philosophy & Technique » How and where do you train for the trail?
January 17, 5:04pm

Web dev
I'm a lowly web developer. I work part-time now. I used to work full-time at a good company but I quit to hike the PCT. Maybe I'll work full-time again someday, but money doesn't mean a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Who is your daddy and what does he do?
January 17, 4:50pm

Re: Where would you live
I feel really blessed to live in Santa Barbara. There are day hikes within 10 minutes drive. There are backpack trips within 40 minutes drive (unless I decided to start at one of the day hiking pla...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where would you live?
January 14, 7:13pm

Re: Running shoes bad for the joints?
I think I could hike and backpack barefoot if I could just get my feet tough like they were when I was a kid. When I was a kid I ran around and played on hot asphalt in the summer sun. The asphalt ...

In GEAR » Running shoes bad for the joints?
January 11, 7:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.