Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1326 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What do you use to start your fire/stove?
Another vote for wood matches. I tend to empty all the fuel out of a lighter in about the first three attempts lighting the stove, plus I burn myself too easily. Maybe I didn't get enough pract...

In GEAR » What do you use to start your fire/stove?
April 21, 8:23am

Re: Toilet Paper
I find that sage leaves are nice with a nice, spicy scent. And of course, I use my backcountry bidet and plenty of hand sanitizer.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Toilet Paper
April 20, 5:10pm

Re: Re: hmmm
But most Nepalese porters also carry part of the weight on their heads with a tumpline. Many of them also carry one small walking stick which they will shove under the load to prop up it up when th...

In Philosophy & Technique » Discussion on Pack theory, poles, and shoes
April 20, 8:02am

Re: NOLS Trip Advice
I don't have any real advice. Last year before hiking the PCT I spoke to a NOLS-taught woman. She really could not understand my style of hiking. It made absolutely no sense to her. I'm sur...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » NOLS Trip Advice
April 19, 10:16pm

Re: Re: Wow, great suggestions
I bought a tyvek coverall. I wore it once when it looked like rain was coming. Snow came instead. After a couple miles of walking, the pants were becoming quite worn and frayed around the bottom...

In GEAR » rain pant suggestions
April 19, 10:03pm

Re: Stays
I know a guy, a licensed sawyer, who carries a cross-cut saw routinely. It's good the rest of his load is light and it's good he's got the stays and hip belt. (I think he has a Mariposa...

In GEAR » Miniposa 20 pound limit
April 19, 8:07am

Re: Re: Re: Multiuse?
You can wash your ziplocs and reuse them. I do not see any real difference between reuse and multiuse in a closed, finite system like a backpack. The hairband idea is a good one. Or use a rubber...

In Multiple Use Gear » Tent stakes in ...
April 18, 7:30pm

Re: Multiuse?
Well, as long as you have enjoyed storing them in a plastic baggie, why not store them in a USED plastic baggie? Store them in a wrapper from an energy bar or something. Then your trash becomes mul...

In Multiple Use Gear » Tent stakes in ...
April 18, 8:58am

Re: 20lb limit
Can you shift the water weight to your waist belt and get a lighter bear canister? I have seen the Gorilla and it looks a little narrow for the Garcia.

In GEAR » Miniposa 20 pound limit
April 18, 8:54am

Re: Re: Zlite v Walmart Shoes
Here are mine from my last trip. Just the insoles from my shoes and a spare pair of shoe laces. I like those blue foam pad shoes. Nice design.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 2-3 Z-lite Panels
April 17, 3:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.