BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1288 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...129

Forum » Thread

Z-rest
I have found the z-rest to be very warm. Maybe not as cushy as you are used to, however.

In GEAR » Best UL Pad for a COLD Sleeper?
April 07, 3:03pm

Re: What is most ultralight belt?
I made a belt from a leftover toggle thingie and a thin piece of elastic cordage. I have to slip on my pants with the belt fastened, but I left a lot of extra cordage to allow for that. Not as ligh...

In GEAR » What is most ultralight belt?
April 07, 3:02pm

Re: Ultralight fun in the Los Padres
I just tossed everything in. I have put some of my little bags into a bigger bag. It's an extra bag, but it does not weigh very much. So many other things have been removed from their bags that...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight fun in the Los Padres
April 07, 2:52pm

Ultralight fun in the Los Padres
I spent a fun 9 days out in the Los Padres National Forest trying out some gear, doing a little volunteer work and mostly just enjoying myself. Here are pictures if you are interested: http://pi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight fun in the Los Padres
April 07, 2:04pm

Re: Dont wear your day clothes to bed-myth?
I heard that long ago, too. On the PCT I got tired of changing my clothes every night. One night I just slept in my clothes. I was as warm and comfortable as any other night, plus I didn't have...

In Philosophy & Technique » Dont wear your day clothes to bed-myth?
April 06, 8:21pm

Re: Down Sweater vs 2nd Sleeping Bag
My vote is for the down sweater. I don't know anything about your choice of down sweaters. But this past week I used my Patagonia down sweater to keep warm in my quilt. I was able to lay it acr...

In GEAR » Down Sweater vs 2nd Sleeping Bag
April 06, 8:08pm

Re: PCT 2009 baby!
I'm hiking the PCT this year, too. I also hiked last year. I really did not need my long undies. I did sleep in them every night until Section C and then I got tired of changing and started ...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2009 baby!
March 27, 7:02pm

Re: Which bivy to get?
I have the Equinox. The top is not silnylon. Only the bottom. I have only used it once and the nylon where the drawstring comes out is fraying.

In GEAR » Which bivy to get?
March 27, 2:26pm

Fivefingers
Sadly I have some Fivefingers. They don't really fit my toes. My toes are too fat for some of the "fingers". I tried to sell them on craigslist but nobody wanted them. I would love a ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Learning to Walk
March 26, 5:54pm

Re: Hoody
I don't have a Hoody and I'm warm and comfortable enough. I'm reminded of the old addage: I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. But the light ver...

In Gear Lists » Addition of Patagonia R1 Hoody?
March 25, 9:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.