Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1523 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...153

Forum » Thread

Re: A little UL Philosophy Help Please
> If for the most part the purpose of UL is to be lighter and more mobile how many UL hikers actually take advantage of all their mobility? I do. For example, just this last weekend my bo...

In Philosophy & Technique » A little UL Philosophy Help Please
April 06, 4:52pm

Re: Where does one find...?
My boyfriend met me on Sierra Club hikes. I don't think hiking and a simple life without cable tv, iphones and all that naturally go together. Lots of people who like hiking are gear and gad...

In Philosophy & Technique » Where does one find...?
April 06, 4:37pm

Re: tarp info
I guess you won't need this link since you got a tarp that only sets up one way, but I really enjoyed reading this page when I was researching tarps. He has a lot of pictures of different ways ...

In GEAR » tarp info
April 05, 9:41pm

Re: NB MT100
I'm looking forward to mine coming. I ordered some recently. After reading that link above, I do worry now that the arch will be too high. Do the arches feel really high? For example, I thi...

In GEAR » NB MT100
April 05, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Vibram Five Fingers??
I bought a pair of these when they first came out with them. I never could get my toes into them no matter how hard I pulled and pushed. They just didn't fit. What little I was able to try them...

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers??
April 05, 9:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Barefoot
Well, there is running barefoot and then there is backpacking barefoot. Backpacking is what I was doing. I walk home from work barefoot about a mile almost daily but pavement really is as unnatural...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
April 05, 9:02pm

Barefoot
I think a third choice between built-up shoes and barefoot is necessary. The ground gets very hot in So Cal, and many of the leaves on the ground have sharp thorns on them. It's good moccasin c...

April 05, 3:34pm

Re: Minimal hiking shoes
I brought my Feelmax shoes backpacking and wore them for about 4 miles on Saturday and 3 miles on Sunday. On Sunday I could feel all my sore muscles. It's amazing how many muscles do not get us...

April 04, 8:03pm

Re: well
"john i would live like you, but the wife won't have it. She needs her expensive direct tv, iphone, etc, etc. I am a simple guy and could be just fine without all these things, but the wif...

In Philosophy & Technique » How does one become a thru-hiker?
April 02, 8:57pm

Re: Minimal hiking shoes
I just got a pair of Feelmax Osmas. I'm going to bring them backpacking this weekend. I don't think I can go the whole distance in them, but I will try to go part of the way. I'm bringi...

April 02, 8:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.