Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1535 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Old sewing machines.
Ooh! I found an old Pfaff at an estate sale today for $35 so I bought it. It's built like a tank. I think it's from the 1950s judging by the fonts used in the instruction manual. It has all...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Machine
April 11, 2:23pm

Re: "ShiRt Stays"
I can't tell from the picture what the mechanism is that grips and attaches. If it's like suspenders with a little claw that grips when clamped closed, you could poke holes in your quilt wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » "Shirt Stays" to keep a quilt closed?
April 11, 11:00am

Re: Re: Re: it's easier than you think
> BTW, what do real angels look like, anyway? Perhaps they look like beautiful women napping naked in their gossamer bug net cocoons with their lightweight backpacking gear laying nearby.

In Philosophy & Technique » Where does one find...?
April 10, 9:10pm

Geezers?
Come to Santa Barbara and hike with our Sierra Club. We're not Geezers. You have to pick a slow hike or a short hike if you want geezers. Go on the Wednesday night hike if you want to go fast w...

April 10, 1:50pm

Re: More info
> My legs/feet were dead as in, no spring left in my step, achy and sore, but no numbness. Oh well, that's to be expected. 10 miles is a long distance at first. When I was hiking the PCT,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Foot "deadness." is it arches or cushioning?
April 10, 1:38pm

Re: Re: Sewing Machine from the 1970s
Thank you! I didn't mean to be offensive with the word "older" in reference to the 70s. I went to high school in 1979 so I remember the 70s. My mom sewed my clothes through Jr. high a...

April 10, 1:14pm

Re: Re: Sewing Machine
So do you think it's okay to buy an older machine like from the 1970s? It's easy to find old ones for sale plus they tend to be simpler. Nowadays people sew for crafts and back in the 70s m...

April 10, 7:49am

feet and legs feel dead?
What do you mean by dead? Do you mean your feet and legs were tired and you couldn't go on? Then you just need to build up your fitness. Do you mean they were numb? That sounds really seriou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Foot "deadness." is it arches or cushioning?
April 09, 6:43pm

Re: Re: Stats on back country injuries/illness???
I lead Sierra Club hikes and live in the Southern California area. The most common problems I see have to do with heat and people not having enough water. The next most common problem has to do wit...

In Philosophy & Technique » Stats on back country injuries/illness???
April 08, 7:28pm

Re: it's easier than you think
What is an '"un-expecting" female'?

April 08, 6:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.