BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1312 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...132

Forum » Thread

Tyvek coverall
I actually bought a Tyvek coverall from OSH hardware store. I have never gotten rained on while wearing it. I did wear it when it looked like it would rain, and then it snowed instead. The pant leg...

In GEAR » Tyvek jacket?
April 15, 4:56pm

Re: Tyvek jacket
Those jackets were in fashion a few years ago. I have seen people wearing them out around town. Favored by women of a certain age. I have always wanted one myself. Now that they've become hiker...

In GEAR » Tyvek jacket?
April 15, 2:08pm

Sleeves
I sometimes go hiking with a short-sleeved shirt and bicycle arm warmers. The arm warmers are not as light weight as some long-sleeved shirts and they are kind of tight. But the ease of taking off ...

In Gear Lists » John Muir 2009 Gear List
April 14, 4:24pm

Re: Connection
I find that closer connection to be a side-effect or benefit. Learning how to live in the environment with less is incredibly liberating. And as I seek to get closer to the nature I came to experie...

In Philosophy & Technique » WHY?
April 13, 9:37pm

Re: WHY?
Why lightweight backpacking? Hmm. I'm not sure, actually. Part of it is practical. A 40lb pack is close to 1/3 my body weight. That's unacceptable. Part of it is making stuff and usin...

In Philosophy & Technique » WHY?
April 13, 5:24pm

Re: Repackaging DEET
I have found two candidate containers. One contained ear wax cleaner. I've dumped out the cleaner and rinsed it out. The container has a screw top and the opening is a small squeeze bottle-type...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Repackaging DEET
April 13, 4:57pm

Re: specific foot pain from boots
I have a similar pain in my heel, but a little lower. Doesn't feel like a bruise exactly, but pressure (such as putting my feet up on the coffee table) causes pain. Not a blister. I don'...

In GEAR » specific foot pain from boots
April 13, 2:27pm

Re: Repackaging DEET
Cool. I am hoping to find something that has medicine or something else it, rinse it out and reuse it. Save myself from buying something new. I guess I won't worry too much about the plastic. I...

April 12, 7:44pm

Repackaging DEET
I want to repackage my DEET into a much smaller bottle. I hardly use it at all, and when I do use it, I only use a tiny bit. I realize DEET is a solvent, so I don't want to select something ...

April 12, 6:26pm

Re: Ever blown a seam on an ultralight pack?
Last year I met Nimblewill Nomad on the PCT. He said he was carrying some kind of Gossamer Gear pack that even Gossamer Gear said would not survive the PCT. From what I heard, the pack did survive,...

In GEAR » Ever blown a seam on an ultralight pack?
April 12, 4:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.