BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1303 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...131

Forum » Thread

Re: Ever blown a seam on an ultralight pack?
Last year I met Nimblewill Nomad on the PCT. He said he was carrying some kind of Gossamer Gear pack that even Gossamer Gear said would not survive the PCT. From what I heard, the pack did survive,...

In GEAR » Ever blown a seam on an ultralight pack?
April 12, 4:17pm

Also a woman
Yep, the pee bottle thing isn't all that helpful. You still have to get out of your bag and get upright somehow, so you may as well just go outside. I once tried one of those Lady Js to try ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Dont wear your day clothes to bed-myth?
April 12, 10:51am

Re: can-pot, BTDT
I didn't realize there is a plastic coating on the inside. Yuk! The beer's not that good, either.

In Make Your Own Gear » Beer can pot help
April 11, 6:26pm

Re: Tarp recommendation
I have an 8x10 Equinox silnylon tarp. It's awesome. I think the space inside is more than adequate. It does weigh more than other tarps, but it's pretty cheap. It's quiet when wind is b...

In GEAR » Tarp Recommendation
April 11, 8:35am

Re: Heinekin
Oops. I bought 2 Fosters beer cans. I was hoping to cook food in it and eat from it. That's why I picked the Foster's. It looked a little wider and easier to eat from. I have usually ...

April 10, 6:35pm

Beer can pot help
I have a 1L titanium pot and made my own lid for it to lighten it up. Then I thought maybe I should just make a beer can pot and really lighten it up. But I have two concerns that are stopping me: ...

April 10, 11:17am

Re: awesome
Ethan, I'm glad you enjoyed my trip report. I have heard that Lost Valley Trail to Hurricane Deck has fallen into some disrepair. CCC crews have started working on the trail, but they have n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight fun in the Los Padres
April 10, 9:13am

Re: Down inner boost?
There is probably a technical measurement, but I think it's more variable and subjective than that. For example, last week it was pretty cold during the night, pushing the lower limits of my...

In GEAR » Down inner boost?
April 09, 8:39am

Re: unonventional
By unconventional I mean something not immediately thought of. Fishing gear was something I had not thought of. A brand new ExOfficio shirt was something I had thought of. I need new hiking clot...

In GEAR » New hiking outfit suggestions
April 09, 7:57am

New hiking outfit suggestions
I need a new hiking outfit to hike the PCT this year. I need it to be good in hot weather during the day and cool weather at night. I prefer long pants and sleeves, but can sew on long sleeves i...

In GEAR » New hiking outfit suggestions
April 08, 9:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.