BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 1131 - 1140 of 1296 | Page: 1 ...105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ...130

Forum » Thread

Re: Down inner boost?
There is probably a technical measurement, but I think it's more variable and subjective than that. For example, last week it was pretty cold during the night, pushing the lower limits of my...

In GEAR » Down inner boost?
April 09, 8:39am

Re: unonventional
By unconventional I mean something not immediately thought of. Fishing gear was something I had not thought of. A brand new ExOfficio shirt was something I had thought of. I need new hiking clot...

In GEAR » New hiking outfit suggestions
April 09, 7:57am

New hiking outfit suggestions
I need a new hiking outfit to hike the PCT this year. I need it to be good in hot weather during the day and cool weather at night. I prefer long pants and sleeves, but can sew on long sleeves i...

In GEAR » New hiking outfit suggestions
April 08, 9:32pm

Re: Z-Rest
I find the sweatiness of the pack almost unbearable. I cannot stand having any kind of pad in the back panel. Even putting the pad inside the pack and letting that rest against my back feels horrib...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight fun in the Los Padres
April 08, 9:15pm

Re: Switching from Canister stove
My friends "cook" their dehydrated stuff by putting it in a plastic bag on top of their pack. After a while, the sun warms it up and rehydrates it pretty well. It's not hot, but it...

In GEAR » Switching from Canister stove
April 08, 1:44pm

Re: Re: Dont wear your day clothes to bed-myth?
Extra underwear?

In Philosophy & Technique » Dont wear your day clothes to bed-myth?
April 08, 7:56am

Re: Re: Re: multi-use
I have a pocket shower. It's a dry bag with a shower nozzle on one end. Use it as a stuff sack. Take a shower. Wash your dishes. Haul a bunch of water. Doesn't work as a pillow. Extra sh...

In Multiple Use Gear » Multi-Use Items
April 07, 3:59pm

Re: Reading glasses
What I do is try on the reading glasses holding a bottle of medication from the medication aisle, whichever one I can find with the tiniest type. If I can read the bottle, those are the glasses for...

In Multiple Use Gear » Reading glasses
April 07, 3:09pm

Z-rest
I have found the z-rest to be very warm. Maybe not as cushy as you are used to, however.

In GEAR » Best UL Pad for a COLD Sleeper?
April 07, 3:03pm

Re: What is most ultralight belt?
I made a belt from a leftover toggle thingie and a thin piece of elastic cordage. I have to slip on my pants with the belt fastened, but I left a lot of extra cordage to allow for that. Not as ligh...

In GEAR » What is most ultralight belt?
April 07, 3:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.