Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 3039 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...304

Forum » Thread

Re: Idea for a DIY airflow meter
Another approach would be to stretch the fabric across a pipe, much as you describe, but in the middle of a pipe (between two sections of shop-vac tubing). Then see how much suction the vacuum can...

In Make Your Own Gear » Idea for a DIY airflow meter
November 11, 9:50pm

Re: Anchorage Sightseeing Suggestions
1) What days, exactly? (there's a reason I ask) 2) >"He took the train to the north to the coast and took a charter boat excursion." SOUTH to the coastal town of Seward, the to...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anchorage Sightseeing Suggestions
November 11, 8:47pm

Multipurposing.
If you have something in a stuff sack - sleeping bag, etc, just wrap the cord around that. It will serve as a compression stuff sack that way, getting a little smaller (or a lot if you want to app...

In Philosophy & Technique » storing bear hang string
November 11, 8:31pm

Re: storing bear hang string
Wind it around one of your water bottles or cooking pots. A bit of duct tape, gorilla tape or leuko tape will keep the two ends in place. Water bottles also make great places to store 4 to 10 inc...

In Philosophy & Technique » storing bear hang string
November 11, 6:05pm

Hot dome lights.
>"LED would be much cooler. Also, tend to run down battery less." I was walking back to my car at the Anchorage airport after several days away. It was covered in 2 inches of snow,...

In Multiple Use Gear » Creative car lighting with backpacking headlamp/flashlight/lantern/Photon
November 10, 3:23pm

Re: Creative car lighting with backpacking headlamp/flashlight/lantern/Photon
If you want a brighter dome light, get that bulb size (festoon 8 mm for a '97 Civic, I believe) with more wattage - incandescents come 5 and 10 watts, you probably have a 5 watt one putting out...

In Multiple Use Gear » Creative car lighting with backpacking headlamp/flashlight/lantern/Photon
November 10, 2:36pm

Home Depot for a roll. Or a scrap for free.
As Jerry mentions, you can get Reflectix at Home Depot: http://www.homedepot.com/s/reflectix?NCNI-5 For $0.32 to $0.44 / square foot in a roll. I looked around but the biggest piece I have...

In Make Your Own Gear » Insulite material for cozy, where?
November 09, 6:14pm

Re: Re: "Its absolute indifference steadied me."
I'm 25 days away from some Aleutian Island indifference myself. But who's counting?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Its absolute indifference steadied me."
November 09, 12:37pm

Northern Exposure
From an Arctic perspective (sub-zeroF, lots of wind), tunnel hoods are multi-purpose. They serve as or greatly reduce the need for goggles, face mask and hat. They do restrict your peripheral vis...

In GEAR » LIGHTEST ski goggle?
November 09, 5:51am

pre-bent tubing
If you're looking for a source of strong, pre-bent aluminum tubing, look to fishing net frames and tennis rackets at the thrift store.

In Make Your Own Gear » Metallury help needed for a MYOG Flash 30
November 09, 5:28am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.