BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2473 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...248

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Best tea with no caffeine for the Sierras?
>"The indiginous people say it helps them with altitude. " Not naming names, but someone I know spent time in Bolivia. When they weren't providing medical care, they'd hike...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best tea with no caffeine for the Sierras?
March 05, 11:19pm

Re: Best tea with no caffeine for the Sierras?
A few sprigs of white fir makes a no-caffeine tea. It's the very "Christmas Tree"-looking tree between 5,000 and 8,000 feet elevation. Two rows of needles are on opposite sides of e...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best tea with no caffeine for the Sierras?
March 05, 9:07pm

Re: Re: TSA to allow pocketknives, some sports equipment
Ben: I live in the subarctic but most of my toxic-waste job sites are in the 48 states. I can get anywhere in 3 flights, but it takes me 3 flights to get anywhere. Coming up in the next month, I&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » TSA to allow pocketknives, some sports equipment
March 05, 6:19pm

Re: Re: Re: What are your guidelines for buying gear?
>"After the storm has passed, take item to man cave and become giddy. " You need a separate delivery chute or mailbox with instructions to the carrier "leave in man cave reposi...

In Philosophy & Technique » What are your guidelines for buying gear?
March 05, 5:24pm

Re: Re: TSA to allow pocketknives, some sports equipment
>"Takes effect April 25, useful items include small swiss army knives" Cool, so only another 29 flights before I can bring my Victorinox Classic with me. I remember, not long aft...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » TSA to allow pocketknives, some sports equipment
March 05, 5:21pm

Re: Patagonia Outlet
How much does the $700 down jacket go for at the Outlet? *grin*

In Gear Deals » Patagonia Outlet
March 05, 10:41am

Rental car tricks
>"Dave gave you some great suggestions (except for the reference to Harvey Mudd, which is 100 miles away):" My bad. Form the subarctic, it all looks like Southern California! Ye...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New in California
March 04, 11:33pm

Re: Favorite octopus meal
My favorite use of octopus is to put it on a hook, lower it to 150 feet, and hope for a halibut (rather than a dogfish or skate). Although it doesn't generate as much of an odor trail as herri...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Favorite octopus meal
March 04, 9:17am

Re: Re: Alice's Hikin' Hut
>"But does the AT go through Stockbridge, Massachusetts?" The AT passes about 5 miles to the SE of Alice's where it goes by Mount Wilcox. It you detoured through Stockbridge in...

In GEAR » A look at an old Jansport external frame pack
March 04, 8:47am

5G in CA
My grandparents on both sides went to Yosemite in the 1920's. I attended SDSU for a while. >I am a poor college student without a car Get thee to a University Outing Club. During my ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New in California
March 03, 10:30pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.