Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 3203 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...321

Forum » Thread

Tastes like chicken.
From USPS regulations: 526.4 Adult Fowl 526.41 General Disease-free adult fowl may be mailed domestically when shipped under applicable law in accordance with DMM 601.1.7. Adult chickens, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mailing meat to a resupply point ...
January 01, 3:09pm

Re: Suunto M3
>"I don't think the mirror sighting provides any great advantage for hiking." Agreed. But the ability to see your face or backside can be helpful for solo first aid.

In GEAR » Best baseplate compass
January 01, 2:59pm

Re: Re: promo convention bags
>"I thought of making an offer to buy them cheap and sell the hardware as a recycled product. " That can work. They rotate stock on a regular basis, often on a 4-week cycle. If yo...

In GEAR » Gear sacriledge: book bag on the trail?
January 01, 2:50pm

Turbulence is our friend
Dimpling or pressing in ridges in a pot bottom isn't necessarily just about surface area. Something that creates turbulence generally improves heat exchange. I played a little with vortex ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Stove Systems for Group Cooking Part 2: Considering Fuel Needs for Cold Temperatures
January 01, 12:09am

Re: Gear sacriledge: book bag on the trail?
Nice find. I was lamenting to an REI store employee (as I stood in front of a display of $60 to $120 book bags) that I wished there were still $19 to $29 book bags that were sturdy, comfortable,...

In GEAR » Gear sacriledge: book bag on the trail?
December 31, 9:07pm

On the road again - more tricks
When on the road, all motels have ice machines. All gas station sell 7-pound bags of ice. Anyone who sells soda has an ice machine. All of which helps you keep your milk cold, but doesn't ke...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mailing meat to a resupply point ...
December 31, 7:36pm

Re: Mailing meat to a resupply point ...
I'd stay away from seafood. Beef gets "aged", old seafood just gets nasty. And corned beef, etc, are fine at room temperature for a few days. Salami, etc, for many days. I move ...

December 31, 7:25pm

Something in the feet DO grow.
>"And whether or not you remember to trim your toenails" And to include a bit of actionable information, something I first saw on a GCNP hikers' blog: Don't cut your toen...

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
December 31, 5:13pm

Re: miles
>"Romans used "1000 steps" as a measure of distance." Close. From Wikipedia: mille passuum - literally "a thousand paces" in Latin, where each pace or stride wa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
December 31, 2:49pm

Re: Re: Friendly fire...
>"it does not require any intelligence to exercise your Second Amendment rights" Yeah, everyone wants to forget the "well-regulated" part.

In Philosophy & Technique » Friendly fire...
December 31, 12:50pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.