Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2639 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...264

Forum » Thread

Re: ONLY metal shovels
In a "gilding the lily" or perhaps OCD category, akin to honing a fire-fighting axe and then placing masking tape over the edge so as not to slice oneself prior to use: You can put a g...

In Winter Hiking » Lifeline Aluminum Utility Shovel
July 02, 1:47pm

PBB
PBB: How about those fried banana chips? Often found in the bulk, "health food" section. It would make a crunchy sandwich or you could do it "chips and dip" style. I avoid the...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
July 02, 1:00pm

PBJ and PBH
Randy, You can score single-serving jam and jelly at breakfast restaurants (sitting in a wire rack on the table), and at hotels serving a free breakfast. They aren't in the completely flexi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
July 02, 12:36pm

Scouts and couples
I led Scouts on one-night overnights from a fixed week-long camp. Some wouldn't have a backpack. We had loaner frames. Throw everything in their sleeping bag, roll it down, and use a diamond or...

In Philosophy & Technique » Considering external frame
July 01, 9:57am

Re: Re: Bear bag hanging on tree trunks (not branches)
That would well with Grizzlies if you get it 15+ feet up. But for those blackies you have down there - I've seen a lot of them climb limbless trees. Yeah, use a canister if required or a co...

In GEAR » Bear bag hanging on tree trunks (not branches)
June 30, 3:35pm

Re: Dry Bags for Swimming Rivers
I like Outdoor Products dry bags available at Walmart (probably REI too) in a three pack. I wouldn't SCUBA dive with them, but inside a pack, well-burped, closed, and buckled, I've had goo...

In GEAR » Dry Bags for Swimming Rivers
June 29, 4:50pm

Had a very shiny nose. . .
I do it at times. Sometimes just for the sunscreen. Sometimes to prevent my nose from getting as dried out if I'm sniffling and it's -15F out. Clothing is great primary protection - be...

In GEAR » Chapsticking my nose
June 29, 3:50pm

Re: my new soup spoon!
Nice job! Woodworking you did yourself brings a certain joy that no store-bought item can. I know about you mean about food on your knuckles! But, for those with less woodworking skill: Ther...

In Make Your Own Gear » my new soup spoon!
June 29, 1:42pm

Fishing without a stick. Or line. Or bait. But a net helps.
The kids and I caught these ten sockeye standing in the surf with a 5-foot diameter net. That tends to be a lot more productive than lures, bait, rod&reel, Tankara, etc. I did catch one o...

In Fishing » Fishing with a stick
June 29, 1:32pm

Fishing without a stick. Or line. Or bait.
Here's my 8-year-old grabbing hooligan (herring-sized anadromous fish) out of the Kenai River earlier this month. In about 20 minutes, she'd gotten 25 of them.

In Fishing » Fishing with a stick
June 29, 1:22pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.