BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2530 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...253

Forum » Thread

Re: US Toilet Stalls
>"lack of privacy with US Toilet stalls." Do you refer to the relatively large gaps at the bottom of each panel and the vertical gaps at panel junctions? There is less "covera...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 24, 6:44pm

Re: Winter backpacking destinations without snow and that actually have trees?
Big Basin has some good sized trees - Coastal Redwoods, and no snow. As does Point Reyes National Seashore (fewer redwoods, still some, but more oak and pine). Lost Coast to the north. Further...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter backpacking destinations without snow and that actually have trees?
March 24, 2:32pm

Re: thread size of pole tips
IMO, all such threads should be "1/4-20" - 0.25-inch diameter and 20 threads to the inch because that is the female thread on the bottom of a camera and the male thread on a tripod. Si...

In Make Your Own Gear » thread size of pole tips
March 23, 4:30pm

Re: Ziplocs
>"I'm not sure if the real Ziplocs are better built, but of the 10 bags I found and used here in Germany about half fell apart" In the USA, the name brands (Ziplock and Glad) de...

In Make Your Own Gear » Food storage bags
March 22, 5:56pm

Re: declination scale vs. adjustable
>"I'll be going to South America with the Suunto M3G in a few months, and I'm quite interested to see how it performs." In Zimbabwe I found the N-S thing more confusing at t...

In GEAR » question on compass
March 22, 5:23pm

Re: Re: Re: re
Rob, No problems yet, but I have to admit, I don't push it (always a tent under it). If I don't need it for lightness, I'll take my old brown and orange thermarests from the 1980...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thanks! The Lighter Side
March 22, 5:19pm

Re: masking tape + washer method of sharpening
Daniel: Yeah, I think of the masking tape and coins as a quick-n-dirty, touch-up technique. For a lot of blades or a lot of work on one blade, that DMT aligner would be much better. I jus...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 5:16pm

Re: re
Michael: I've got an assortment due to family backpacking trips so I select from: Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Small (47") 8 oz Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Regular (72") 12 oz and The...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thanks! The Lighter Side
March 22, 2:52pm

My two cents. Literally.
The cheap version of Daniel's most excellent $11.15 blade-angle guide above is to masking tape a dime/penny/nickel/washer (depends on blade width) to each side of the blade at the back. You th...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 2:41pm

Finer points of outhouses.
>"I have never and I will never use an outhouse / pit toilet to do #2." When I do, I DO use some TP but for a different purpose. A factoid that stuck in my head from my First Aid i...

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 22, 2:36pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.