Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2909 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...291

Forum » Thread

Re: Carbon filtration and backflushing
>"What color is the microbial film that you see on the media when you're filtering water contaminated with gasoline or diesel? " Colin: I see essentially clear films, white mats...

In GEAR » Squeeze Filter and Tannins
September 28, 12:44pm

Test of Profile Pic change
Did it work? No. It didn't. Hmmmm. Any ideas as to how to change one's profile pic? I could select a file, that seemed to go okay, but there was no "upload" button, just th...

In User Test Forum » Test of Profile Pic change
September 28, 9:54am

Bioslime
>" biofilm polymers (feeding on organics in the influent) are a major problem for lab filtration of water" Colin: I see the same thing on a large scale. I'll have a 2000-pound-...

In GEAR » Squeeze Filter and Tannins
September 28, 9:40am

Sierra cup. Or not.
>" I bring a small aluminum pot, plastic cup, and plastic bowl. " +1 Doing two or three immediately sequential boils is a little to a fair bit more efficient and I also like to b...

In GEAR » Sierra Cup
September 28, 8:38am

SVEA 123 for a new generation?
>"The current SEVA design relies on the metal it's made of to make it work. If you change the metal you have to change the design. I don't know the details, but it is my understandi...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do you pack your fuel?
September 27, 4:25pm

Sierra Cup -1
-1 for all the reasons Valerie and Bob gave. And, yeah, you can multipurpose them as others have described, but they aren't very good at any of those tasks. Back in the day (when people used ...

In GEAR » Sierra Cup
September 27, 1:33pm

Re: dude
>"How do you carry eggs while backpacking? " Very carefully. >"Must it also be very cold outside?" No. Eggs are okay at room temperature for quite a while. My w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » One pot breakfast burrito
September 27, 11:12am

Typically nothing.
In response to a few people in the news getting billed for call outs (and again, I'm not seeing how they could necessarily collect), some people have recommended (when phoning or using a text) ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Does it cost to hit the SOS button??
September 27, 10:59am

Re: Does it cost to hit the SOS button??
SAR and County Sherrif's departments have seen greatly increased call outs now that everyone has a cell phone with them. In places that have budget shortfalls and lots of stupid visitors, s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Does it cost to hit the SOS button??
September 27, 8:58am

Re: What water reservoir do you recommend?
1-liter Avian bottles. Free at the recycling center. I wish I stocked up back when they made wide-mouth bottles. Especially for caving. In which fluid hauling is bidirectional. Enough said. O...

In GEAR » What water reservoir do you recommend?
September 27, 12:56am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.