BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2576 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...258

Forum » Thread

More questions, more answers
Get thee to a aquarium supply store. There you will find small-diameter tubing, tee-fittings and small, lightweight check-valves. I can often find what I need in the pet supply aisle of a Walmart...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG water filter - questions
June 17, 11:25pm

Re: Thrift stores.
I've found name-brand outdoors wear in thrift stores, but more commonly in kid sizes. I've got kids, so that's great, but small women could also leverage that angle. In adult clothing...

In GEAR » Thrift stores.
June 13, 1:20pm

Re: Re: Re: BACON!!!
Bacon is one of those traditional foods because it allowed meat to be preserved in the days before refrigeration. Bacon. Dry salami. Cheeses. Lutefisk. Beef Jerky. Pemican. Smoked Salmon. E...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » BACON!!!
June 13, 12:57pm

Chlorination
Corbin: That's a good link, especially if you click on through to the water disinfection page: http://modernsurvivalblog.com/health/make-drinking-water-safe-with-bleach/ They hit all the ...

In GEAR » water conundrum
June 13, 12:39pm

DIY Portable shower - 97% cheaper and 96% lighter.
Cheap (< 50 cents): A black plastic jug, scavenged from the recycling center. Clean thoroughly. Score an extra lid and drill small holes in it. Fill with water. Lay on aluminum foil. Cover ...

In GEAR » Portable shower, after that UL hike.
June 10, 11:38pm

Re: Temp of 115 kills hiker
Like pilots do well and boaters sometimes manage, we all need certain hard&fast limits that, in calm thoughtful reflection we've decided we will never exceed. For a particular pilot/plane ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Temp of 115 kills hiker
June 10, 12:28pm

Re: Re: Ultralight Bowl
Ken, My thought about HDPE being food grade is that there are not plasticizers or residue of precursor chemicals (e.g. Bisphenol A (BPA) left behind in polycarbonate), etc used in HDPE productio...

In GEAR » Ultralight Bowl?
June 09, 5:18pm

Well that was the last straw.
McDonald's straws are a little wider and thicker material than many others. Years back, McDonald's shortened their straws one inch, thereby saving 1 million pounds of polyethylene each y...

In Make Your Own Gear » drinking straws
June 09, 5:07pm

Better living though stealing office supplies.
Very cheap and durable would be ABS plastic of the appropriate diameter and length. But that's not very UL. I snagged some plotter-paper rolls (like the cardboard tube inside a paper-towel ...

In Fishing » Light but durable fly rod carrier?
June 09, 11:54am

Re: Using cup as scoop for Squeeze bladder, risking illness?
I normally hate having things swinging on the outside of a pack - stuff falls off and swinging masses represent lost work. But UV is actually quite effective for killing infectious microbes in...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using cup as scoop for Squeeze bladder, risking illness?
June 07, 3:35pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.