BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2592 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...260

Forum » Thread

Knives on planes
Edited for: My bad. NO LONGER TRUE!!! TSA said they were going to and then back off. As Joel's link below shows, the newer website postings are in agreement - No knives, snakes, or bombs on...

In GEAR » Knives on planes
June 21, 1:02am

I can vouch for this.
Ohlone is a little like Mount Diablo in its climate (and therefore its flora and fauna) but the similarity stops there. Ohlone is SO much more removed and remote. I see bald eagles every day, l...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ohlone Regional Wilderness Trail - Family Friendly BPL outing over Labor Day Weekend (8/30 - 9/2)
June 21, 12:48am

Come on, people, get friendly.
Matthew: Those people aren't being very sociable. I've had 17 members of the UC Berkeley Hiking Club in my 7-foot-diameter hot tub.

In Hammocks » Double hammocks?
June 21, 12:37am

Old and new
Brian, I'll readily agree that GPS is here to stay and, like magnetic compasses, sharp edges, and clothing; we're not going back. Here's a last-generation example of the useful of...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is GPS All in Our Heads?
June 21, 12:30am

Re: The Lazarus GPS thread
>Did the real Bob Gross resurrect a thread that is 16 months old? The real Bob Gross can post about GPS whenever he wants. Just like "Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.", the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is GPS All in Our Heads?
June 20, 8:50pm

One or two of the three
Back-up lights have become much less important with the durability of LEDs and the long battery life IF your light will put out with low batteries. I have one LED light (that I no longer trust) th...

In GEAR » Missing "essential" items: backup light, whistle, and fire starter
June 20, 8:44pm

Re: Escape Pod Cooler - unscientific test
Looks like an interesting option to be aware of. It is, of course, reflecting IR off the outside and has some R-value through the bubble-pack. I've used that material in a few projects and I ...

In GEAR » Escape Pod Cooler - unscientific test
June 20, 8:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Three and a half Essentials
>"use space blanket instead of bag" And the metallic coating helps prevent them from scanning your brain waves! Bouncing IR (in during cold, away when in the desert) is a plus. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aron Ralston and the Ten Essentials
June 20, 3:43pm

Three and a half Essentials
Where I am, it is a very odd trip when I have all 10 along. 1. Map - absolutely if I'm going someplace new, but there are places I know more accurately than the map. 2. Compass - likewise...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aron Ralston and the Ten Essentials
June 20, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Stabbing
>"A knife to cut the sack cleanly. Scissors to cut the vas deferens. " Oh, Doug, this brings back memories! I did get complimented on my shaving job. I figured if I didn't...

In GEAR » Sharp Thing Nirvana?
June 19, 8:21pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.