Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 3166 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...317

Forum » Thread

Re: Odors in Containers
>"Soak in water:vinegar solution for a day. Empty, rinse, and... Soak in water:soda solution for a day. Empty, rinse, and... Stuff full of damp newspapers (which absorb odors), cap, and s...

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
December 18, 9:55pm

Re: Re: Re: fire
>" We get the tent up" +1 Standing around a campfire in the rain gets one side of you (at most) warm. While the other three sides get cold and wet. Another alternative to set...

In GEAR » A 3.4oz fire starting insurance policy
December 18, 1:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
Miquel, I fly for a lot of my trips (so I like something that is sturdy enough to check as luggage) and have a fleet of Jam 70s and Jam 50s for the adults and kids in our family. Those aren'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
December 18, 1:20pm

Volatile, semi-volatile and solid hydrocarbons.
>"the best way to start an emergency fire when you're wet and cold is with a pint of gasoline " Stephen, If that's all you've got, and you don't really need your eye...

December 18, 1:11pm

Re: fire
>"I would love to hear some BPLers' strategies for keeping a fire going in steady rain " Basically, piling the wood higher on the fire and staging wood next to the fire so it is...

December 18, 12:12pm

Re: Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
In my mind, the crossover comes when your UL pack doesn't carry the base weight + food + fuel comfortably. That can be avoided with a more substantial pack, but then your base weight is up. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
December 18, 11:55am

Larger HX pots
This is what I use for winter camping, a 3-liter Jetboil HX pot. 25% off at STP = $52 (before any other discounts like the current 30% off orders >$75): \\http://www.sierratradingpost.com/jetbo...

In GEAR » What the heck is a Jetboil?
December 18, 11:48am

Sometimes we have other fire starters in our pack.
>"At the time, I was saved when I remembered I had a Svea 123 in my pack. " We were sea kayaking out of Seward, Alaska and I went in first. I just got lucky - it wasn't skill -...

December 18, 11:26am

Re: Re: Re: Necessity of toothpaste
You're right, Megan. The fluoride in toothpaste (and many drinking water supplies) is to strengthen teeth, not to kill bacteria. We've had a dentist post on the forum that toothpaste ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Alternative to Toothpaste Dots
December 18, 12:19am

Re: My Goal
Max, if you have a stove you like, great. If you don't have a HX pot, start there. Any general-purpose HX pot in combination with your existing stove will put an extra tool in your toolbox. ...

In GEAR » What the heck is a Jetboil?
December 18, 12:07am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.