BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2278 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...228

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Cheap or DIY pulk?
+1 on Bob's suggestion to use maxiGlide or light oil on the bottom. Or apply a X-C glide wax. To the entire bottom. Before you leave home. Especially if you transport it on a ski rack or poem t...

In Winter Hiking » Cheap or DIY pulk?
January 08, 9:50am

Re: Re: Modified Titanium Pot
Colin: Great post. Very helpful info, details, and back info. I've already bookmarked your adhesive links. Nick: a friend called the inventor of the microwave oven the Patron Saint of singl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Titanium Pot
January 08, 3:49am

Re: Hand LInes
Thread drift. Steven: My rule in sea kayaks is 15-pound test. Because there's stuff out there (Alaska, Baja) I DON'T want to catch. That said, when I've hand-lined, yes, I either u...

In Fishing » Spinner fishing vs Tenkara fishing.
January 07, 3:53pm

Re: cold water with steripen?
Tjaard, While disinfection by chlorine, bromine or iodine IS temperature dependent (lower temps require higher concentrations abd/or more time to be effective), in this case, chemical bonds aren...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods - Part 6: Ultra-Violet Light Methods
January 07, 3:39pm

How good experiences become bad ones
So, would the OP give the ride again? Everything turned out fine - the hitcher got on his way, the driver helped someone out and got a good story out of it. But the tendency is to look back on an...

In Chaff » What would you have done?
January 07, 9:38am

Media
Nick and Ben are right. Freakanomics did a podcast on hitch hiking and what happened to it. A very few horrific cases captured the public attention and suddenly the media and parents were saying &...

In Chaff » What would you have done?
January 07, 8:42am

Re: Thermocouple electric generator and mounting to the chimney of a wood stove.
I've thought about this a fair bit, played a little in the garage (easy when you're on 13 acres), and have bought and used the BioLite wood stove / thermocouple USB charger. A few thought...

In GEAR » Thermocouple electric generator and mounting to the chimney of a wood stove.
January 06, 6:54pm

Re: 5g UL backpacking knife
That explains a lot about all diner waitresses over 40.

In GEAR » 5g UL backpacking knife
January 06, 6:23pm

Re: Anyone know Willy?
My grandfather was named John Thomas. His son was my Uncle Dick. Not sure if they didn't know, or knew but didn't care.

In Chaff » Anyone know Willy?
January 06, 6:21pm

Re: Getting older, as good as u were 10 years ago?
My standard is that I "hike my age" by which I mean a 51-mile day hike this year. I don't always find the time to condition beforehand and can block out a whole day every year, but I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting older, as good as u were 10 years ago?
December 27, 12:02am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.