Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2665 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...267

Forum » Thread

Wallet-limiting career choices.
> Sulk. > Snark. In my major, we'd say, "Chemical Engineers just want to be chemists. Chemists just want to be physicists. Physicists just want to be mathematicians. Mathemati...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 1
July 06, 6:53pm

Re: Great idea
>"This is great stuff, very resourceful with the ring as an aid to making a vertical stack." Yeah, I liked that, too. A skinny rubber band would be super easy although it would s...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone and Wood Fires
July 06, 3:53pm

Spread the word
>"And that is truly the key here - size of market. When the market is truly tiny and product development is expensive, that's when you don't see innovation because it doesn't pa...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 06, 1:49pm

Thin nylon socks for summer.
I was liking Smartwool or some poly-pro blends for years and I still do for winter. But I tried out Ray Jardine's concept of cheap, thin, nylon socks - and now that is what I use in the summer...

In GEAR » Sock philosophy - synthetic or wool? Solution for wet feet?
July 06, 1:18pm

Re: Soap and groundwater vs. surface water.
JimW: Good info on mucous layers - I hadn't known that. It makes perfect sense because of how much more effective detergents are. And, yeah, either are safe when used far from surface waters....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » scented dr bronner soap and bears
July 06, 1:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: heat retention
>""This Old House" continues to use vapor barriers. And Bob Vila continues to promote Edenpure heaters that put out an amazing 3,413 BTU per kilowatt-hour. (for you non-engine...

In Editor's Roundtable » Torso Simulator to test Heat Loss in Outdoor Gear – Radiation
July 05, 9:17pm

Re: why?
>"there are many cultural blind spots that don't make any sense" Yeah. There's the pair of tongs next the pastry tray that many people have already handled and more wil...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » scented dr bronner soap and bears
July 05, 9:08pm

Soap versus detergent
I'm just throwing out a theoretical here. Which will probably start a big flaming argument. But when I'm traveling in urban areas, I don't bring Dr. Bronner's, even through the in...

July 05, 7:13pm

Re: Re: Enclosed areas.
>"since I am not a scientist." I'm not a scientist either. Scientists do things like entangle more photons than any human ever had before or find an exception to the Heisenberg...

July 05, 6:49pm

Enclosed areas.
Jerry: Being in an enclosed area has several effects. For the stove: if you're in such a tightly sealed environment (unventilated tent, snow cave without vent holes or in which vent holes ha...

July 05, 1:01pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.