BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2559 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...256

Forum » Thread

Acetaminophen
After donating blood one time, it came back with a poor result on a liver function test. I wasn't taking a ton of Tylenol, and it was all within the OTC limits, but I was taking a lot do to th...

In GEAR » Adventure Medical Kits
April 04, 2:26pm

Re: prejudice much? No. Maybe overly at ease about it, though.
Nancy, On your specific points: 1) assumed you knew the man was gay Yeah, I did. Shaved chest - like his traveling partner, road trips with Mom, no mention of any partner/dating on a LON...

April 04, 1:40am

Re: sounds fishy to me
Nancy: my bad if I was unclear. (1) it is the Internet and no one not on the R2R2R Grand Canyon trip has ever seen me smile and (2) I've been on 22 flights for business and volunteer reasons in...

April 03, 10:04pm

Re: Tylenol is acetominophen
Charles: quite right. I went to spell check on google, hopped back to BPL, and screwed up. Advil AND Tylenol Or, if your prefer: Ibuprofen AND acetaminophen.

April 03, 9:41pm

Dependent Variables
I try to convey to my math students the difference dependent and independent variables. Independent: drawing cards, flipping a fair coin, or the gender of each subsequent child not born in Chin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Missing hiker on Mt Hood found
April 03, 9:35pm

Re: Adventure Medical Kits
Okay, I'll try to generate a checklist, but please, everyone, feel free to tweak/expand it. Good first aid knowledge and PRACTICE! - take a course that includes simulated, practical sessions...

April 02, 11:05pm

A few more reasons why you should never spend time in the backcountry
Your apps may not be able to update automatically. It might rain. Or snow. Or be sunny. You could stub your toe on a root or rock since many backcountry locations do not have adequate sidew...

In Philosophy & Technique » 10 Reasons why you should never spend time in the backcountry
April 02, 12:32pm

Re: Exciting new boot style
Good for when you go walking with your cat: http://www.rei.com/share/adventure-kitten-gear.html

In GEAR » Exciting new boot style
April 01, 8:08pm

Screw the stove
Worry about the pot. Sure, short stove, wide stable base. But most canister stoves are very close to each other on burner output. Pot(s), on the other hand, especially for a large group, s...

In GEAR » Recommend a canister stove? Group cooking...
March 29, 11:41pm

Heat exchanger inside the pot could be very efficient.
Gregory: I've longed for someone to mass produce such a pot. Yes, it would be only for boiling water as it would be bothersome to clean (although maybe a custom cut-out scrubbie on a stick cou...

In GEAR » Fire Maple Jetboil Clone
March 28, 2:53pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.