BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1121 - 1130 of 2462 | Page: 1 ...104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ...247

Forum » Thread

Re: Bike Maintenance
Max: I married one of them, so I could argue that my intentions were honorable.

In GEAR » Macgyver Moment
March 02, 6:39pm

Re: Doh!
>"Yes, he does have a silicon dog bowl." The cut-off bottom of a gallon or quart HDPE milk jug will weigh less by a lot. And be free (dumpster-dive at the recycling station). Work...

In Gear Lists » JMT list...let's talk VOLUME
March 02, 6:37pm

Re: Re: Macgyver Moment
Nice tire trick. Creating an almost solid-rubber tire from materials at hand. Seeing as we all drive a lot of dirt roads - an Alaskan Highway trick from pre-paved days (and how Subaru shipped B...

March 02, 5:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Macgyver Moment
Nerd, defintely nerd.

March 02, 4:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: "The Finest Down Parka Ever" (Patagonia)
Obviously, serial number "111" is the best, because that stitching/ink weighs less than any other number "001" through "999". $699 is more than you spent on your fi...

In GEAR » "The Finest Down Parka Ever" (Patagonia)
March 02, 4:39pm

Re: Macgyver Moment
Being MacGyver is my day job. Well, part of it. I design and oversee the installation of systems to clean up contaminated waste sites, so there are circuits, pumps, pipes, sensors, and various ch...

March 02, 4:31pm

Re: Not ready for UL backpacking
One thing I haven't done but have meant to is to try it again in winter conditions. To see if the greater temperature differential at 0F would help (I tried it on a 60F-ish summer evening). M...

In Multiple Use Gear » A wood burning stove that recharges your phone ... what the!
March 02, 2:57pm

Not ready forUL backpacking
I've got one. I measured my phone's charging rate off the wall plug / car port / external battery and the rate I got from the wood stove was half as much. And that was with truly excell...

In Multiple Use Gear » A wood burning stove that recharges your phone ... what the!
March 02, 12:12pm

Re: Re: Strength training to lighten the load
>"Backyard home improvement is also great strength/cross training." I've long figured that I could spend $1000 on a gym membership and $2000 on a snowblower or do neither (and h...

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
February 27, 2:07pm

Re: Re: Weight training
>" unless you have access to a downhill slanting treadmill or stair-climber." Or, as I call them, "stairs". Just stairs. No gym membership, no $2000 equipment, nothing t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Strength training to lighten the load
February 27, 1:58pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.