BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1319 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...132

Forum » Thread

INFP/INTP
About 3 times INFP and 1 time INTP for every time I've taken the Meyers-Briggs assessment. It's fairly accurate by my own judgement.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
August 21, 3:16am

Aleve
Naproxen (aleve) has twice a day dosing as opposed to ibuprofen's every 4-6 hours, so yes that's fewer pills to pack. However, make absolutely sure it works for you before you take it out ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Need Help Picking SUL Insulation and List Critique
August 20, 8:15pm

mountains and elephants and trail runners, oh my
I saw a trail runner with a feather underneath it, which made perfect sense to me given all the minimalist shoe talk. It took months before I realized it was supposed to be mountains.

In Chaff » BPL's Logo
August 19, 9:20pm

License to handle bacon
If a tent smelled like bacon, *I* would probably open it up, too. Stupid people, smart bears. Important not to overestimate the intelligence of the former or underestimate the latter!

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping with your food in the Wind River Range
August 18, 5:53pm

just to clarify
b/c I don't think my OP was clear, in retrospect, is the recommendation for treatment or specific to filter treatment? I was wondering if I could get by with my current micropur tabs and banda...

In GEAR » MN's North Shore--water filter needed?
August 18, 2:20pm

MN's North Shore--water filter needed?
I understand there are a lot of beaver ponds and if it's like parts of WI, even the running water may be pretty tannic, although I don't know how much filters actually do to treat tannins. ...

In GEAR » MN's North Shore--water filter needed?
August 18, 8:16am

Re: FSO
"full skin out", so, everything you take with you that's not your body.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » My XUL Challenge Gear List
August 16, 5:04pm

Me too
If you can get some more I'd buy some.

In Gear Swap » Dyna-Glide Dyneema 1000 pound test for bear bags, hammocks, guylines....
August 16, 10:15am

grog's animated knots
This guy has a website and an app. If you absolutely want it on paper,I would scan or xerox the cards that have the knots you want onto a single sheet.

In Philosophy & Technique » Knot tying cheat sheet?
August 16, 8:42am

Contacts or not for a longer hike
I normally wear my contacts when I'm doing anything active. I appreciate the perirpheral vision and eliminating the risk of breaking or damaging my glasses. However, if I bring them backpacking...

In GEAR » Contacts or not for a longer hike
August 15, 4:12pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.