BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1246 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...125

Forum » Thread

BAK
Glad to see this get a mention. I use hospital grade wipes. I'll have to give the spray a try.

In Editor's Roundtable » Hand Sanitizers: My Journey Towards Discovering Best Practices for Wilderness Hygiene
July 16, 10:13am

confused a bit
I'm a little unclear on how the cognitive map idea differs from the series of snapshots. Isn't the map just imagining those snapshots in relative position to each other? Or was the cognit...

In Philosophy & Technique » How animals navigate
July 16, 9:43am

my experience is they don't air out
I bought a scented box by mistake once and my kitchen stank of "fresh scent" until the last one was gone.

In GEAR » 2 mil & Fresh Scent!
July 16, 8:13am

learning
Most of my hiking life has been dayhikes and most of those were taken without any aids. Some were well-marked trails, but most were off trail in mostly-familiar terrain. B/c of this I have a good...

In GEAR » GPS , topo maps or both? What do you bring?
July 15, 3:32pm

sounds simple enough
Sounds like a d***ey, but with more shoulder coverage and maybe a hood? http://www.dakotamainstreet.com/d***iepage.html missing letters "ick"

In Make Your Own Gear » Shoulder Gaiters?
July 15, 1:11pm

tone!
I don't consider sexism to be a silly reason, but yes, the post seemed more neutral and tone is hard to read online. Sorry if I misread you, Evan.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you "packing" while you are packing?
July 15, 11:14am

Re: Re: Women and Guns
Evan, why is your post titled "Women and Guns"? I've been avoiding this thread, but your title + post is a ridiculous insinuation, for all the reasons Sarah pointed out. If a woman ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you "packing" while you are packing?
July 15, 10:47am

inertia?
It can't be that hard technically to create a sub-forum. The Hammocks sub-forum only gets a couple posts a week--that's posts, not threads--and no one's calling for its elimination.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » We need a SUL Thread PLEASE
July 15, 1:37am

runner plus adjustments
Poles or a stick are helpful. Pre-taping instead of waiting till after a fall is a good idea. Depending on his feet he may want a more high top shoe like some of the larger Inov8 models. I under...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bad ankles....trail runners
July 14, 12:04pm

nice shot!
That's one curious sheep.

In GEAR » Quilt/bag for Glacier National Park in August
July 14, 10:54am

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.