BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1243 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...125

Forum » Thread

learning
Most of my hiking life has been dayhikes and most of those were taken without any aids. Some were well-marked trails, but most were off trail in mostly-familiar terrain. B/c of this I have a good...

In GEAR » GPS , topo maps or both? What do you bring?
July 15, 3:32pm

sounds simple enough
Sounds like a d***ey, but with more shoulder coverage and maybe a hood? http://www.dakotamainstreet.com/d***iepage.html missing letters "ick"

In Make Your Own Gear » Shoulder Gaiters?
July 15, 1:11pm

tone!
I don't consider sexism to be a silly reason, but yes, the post seemed more neutral and tone is hard to read online. Sorry if I misread you, Evan.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you "packing" while you are packing?
July 15, 11:14am

Re: Re: Women and Guns
Evan, why is your post titled "Women and Guns"? I've been avoiding this thread, but your title + post is a ridiculous insinuation, for all the reasons Sarah pointed out. If a woman ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you "packing" while you are packing?
July 15, 10:47am

inertia?
It can't be that hard technically to create a sub-forum. The Hammocks sub-forum only gets a couple posts a week--that's posts, not threads--and no one's calling for its elimination.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » We need a SUL Thread PLEASE
July 15, 1:37am

runner plus adjustments
Poles or a stick are helpful. Pre-taping instead of waiting till after a fall is a good idea. Depending on his feet he may want a more high top shoe like some of the larger Inov8 models. I under...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bad ankles....trail runners
July 14, 12:04pm

nice shot!
That's one curious sheep.

In GEAR » Quilt/bag for Glacier National Park in August
July 14, 10:54am

VBL
Bryce, I have a cuben/climashield quilt, got it off Gear Swap and rigged it as an UQ for my hammock. As an UQ, it's great. When I tried using it as a TQ, though, it was definitely sweaty. I...

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
July 14, 6:40am

I dunno
I feel like if a childhood of organized sports didn't give me a taste for it, it's probably not in the cards. :p

In Philosophy & Technique » The science of Gatorade
July 13, 2:07pm

ick
I agree with Jonah Lerher on this one. Sports drinks are disgusting. I'll get my sugar and salt some other way. Cool beuroscience, though.

In Philosophy & Technique » The science of Gatorade
July 13, 12:24pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.