BPL Community Profile

spelt the enigmatic (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt the enigmatic

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1349 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...135

Forum » Thread

All that titanium....
http://tinyurl.com/3lk3n2b Makes some pretty cool outdoor art.

In Chaff » All that titanium....
September 02, 7:34am

mountain lions
I've often wondered why I've never seen them mentioned. Are they that much more reclusive than bears that an encounter is that much more rare?

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 30, 3:41pm

statistical perspective
>> The fact is that you are in far far more danger driving down the street to pick up a quart of milk than you are from an assault in the backcountry. Thanks for pointing this out. Drivin...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
August 30, 2:25pm

deer burger
Venison was the only ground meat I ate a kid. Makes great rigatoni and chili.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My 2 cents on dehydrated chili
August 29, 10:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Brie
Unless you are near a major port city and know a wily cheesemonger, or else have connections with the native raw milk movement, any raw milk cheese you can buy in the US is aged over 60 days. This...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Shelf stable cheese
August 28, 7:51pm

wow
incredible fish!

In Post-Trip Reports » Tongass National Forest, AK
August 28, 2:20pm

I suppose I could
The Swedish firesteel is just much easier to use and I was looking for a way not to waste the one while not having to carry both. I should have realized the oxidation thing myself. Guess I will t...

In GEAR » Help with a Mg firestarter
August 26, 6:08pm

Help with a Mg firestarter
This is an oddball request, but I figure someone here will have tried this before so it's worth an ask. I have one of the cheapie Mg fire starter bars but never used it after I got one of th...

In GEAR » Help with a Mg firestarter
August 26, 3:37pm

d***!
I'd make that for breakfast at home. Sounds delish.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Strawberry-Rhubarb Experiment
August 26, 7:32am

Re: especially disappointed
I hope the rest of the trail manages to to make up for it. I have often wondered exactly what it's like on the more famous trails. I once wanted to thru-hike the AT. The more I learned the m...

In Post-Trip Reports » trash, hidden crap , and tp everywhere on JMT.
August 26, 7:01am

All Reader Reviews by spelt the enigmatic

spelt the enigmatic has posted no reviews.