Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1393 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...140

Forum » Thread

Happy Friday
The photograph at the top of this post shows a cross section of the leaf of marram grass Ammophila arenaria. Marram grass survives in the arid environment of a sand dune by rolling up its leaves...

In Chaff » Happy Friday
October 14, 8:20am

layers and such
>>note that if yr just hiking you can just use a windshirt and light fleece as a softshell analog .... That's pretty much the conclusion I came to, looking at the weights, insulation, ...

In Winter Hiking » Confusion on what exactly constitutes a softshell
October 13, 9:48pm

superb
Intense and descriptive writing. Great report!

In Post-Trip Reports » Rim To Rim - An Exploration
October 13, 4:33pm

article organization
I'd like to suggest that the articles be sortable by date and author and not just by category. I assume the empty front page is temporary.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New BPL Home Page, Suggestion for Change
October 13, 4:10pm

enlightening
Knowing the area, then, there will definitely be days around and above freezing, which points towards the hardshell. Thanks, this has been very instructive.

October 13, 3:20pm

so...
...if my current hardshell claims 10,000mm/10,000g/m2, it's equally or more bombproof than any of those. Or the label is wildly optimistic. My question then would be if switching to an insula...

October 13, 2:00pm

Re: Re: better examples
Sorry. The linked jackets are powershield.

October 13, 1:39pm

layers and weight
ack messed up an edit. Original post was--are the jackets here accurately called softshells. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_i...

October 13, 1:16pm

Re: Re: Vest AND sleeves
I really like the add a sleeve idea. I think the JRBs weigh less than my current booties.

In GEAR » I don't know how to wear a vest
October 13, 6:36am

"the Jeep of out-door clothing."
Ouch. No one tell my Subie, ok?

In GEAR » I don't know how to wear a vest
October 12, 5:58pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.