BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1325 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...133

Forum » Thread

although
Setting member privileges aside, raffles on awesome but pricy gear could be a way for the site to raise money. Lot more people will pay $10 for a chance on a $400 quilt than would buy the same qui...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
August 21, 12:56pm

Re: re: .
You say Americans want something for nothing and that supporting the site to maintain its knowledgebase should be motivation enough...and then you want the chance to win free gear for being a membe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
August 21, 12:53pm

While you are generalizing about shiftless, greedy Americans, keep in mind that this site has many international participants who are active in the forums and give the same thoughtful criticisms of...

August 21, 11:52am

sense of time
I have a wierdly good sense of time's passage and can often guess the time within 2-3 minutes so it doesn't surprise me you may have adapted to naturally time your breaks.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fifty minute climbs
August 21, 11:09am

Re: Updated Percents
It doesn't surprise me that INTJ is "winning"; I studied to be an engineer and the atmosphere here is very familiar ;) but I'm surprised it's outpaced the others by so much.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
August 21, 8:43am

very funny
I was looking at collapsible dog bowls some months ago as water vessels/camp sink type deals. It nice to know that whatever ideas I have, someone somewhere has had it as well and is making an UL v...

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs UL DogBowl
August 21, 8:31am

INFP/INTP
About 3 times INFP and 1 time INTP for every time I've taken the Meyers-Briggs assessment. It's fairly accurate by my own judgement.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
August 21, 3:16am

Aleve
Naproxen (aleve) has twice a day dosing as opposed to ibuprofen's every 4-6 hours, so yes that's fewer pills to pack. However, make absolutely sure it works for you before you take it out ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Need Help Picking SUL Insulation and List Critique
August 20, 8:15pm

mountains and elephants and trail runners, oh my
I saw a trail runner with a feather underneath it, which made perfect sense to me given all the minimalist shoe talk. It took months before I realized it was supposed to be mountains.

In Chaff » BPL's Logo
August 19, 9:20pm

License to handle bacon
If a tent smelled like bacon, *I* would probably open it up, too. Stupid people, smart bears. Important not to overestimate the intelligence of the former or underestimate the latter!

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping with your food in the Wind River Range
August 18, 5:53pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.