BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1441 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...145

Forum » Thread

Cottonwood Canyon
I did the Cottonwood Canyon/Marble Canyon two years ago in March. It was supposed to be a two day but it is very easy miles and I ended up day hiking it. I was pleasantly surprised at the terrain...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » winter backpacking in Death Valley?
November 30, 7:53am

Eastern Sierra Fitness
Mark, With your location you have the perfect setup for intense winter workouts plus you can be in the outdoors vs. the stuffy old gym. I have found few activities that are as intense as snowshoe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
November 29, 6:48pm

Couple Options
Depending on the weather, conditions or mood I have planned either: 1) A 40-45 mile loop through emigrant starting at Aspen Meadows and looping around Emigrant Lake. I have two loops loaded into ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Snow Camping in the Sierra
November 29, 2:46pm

Sierra High Route
Order Steve Roper's Book "The Sierra High Route". In addition to the actual route there are a number of alternates. Some of my favorite places, Darwin Basin, Marion Lake and the Hig...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calling all Sierraphiles
November 28, 6:59pm

SHR and Ursack
You would only be required to have a canister in Yosemite which is 2-3 days at the end. If you are going to resupply, do it at Reds and send in a canister.

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear list
November 23, 12:06pm

Need more ideas
I will be heading in the weekend before you guys are. I waiting to hear the ultimate Sierra Snowshoe trip!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Snow Camping in the Sierra
November 23, 12:02pm

Re: Re: SHR ?'s and your thoughts.
If I were to do it again I would do it with some snow still on the passes. In the few areas that had snow I was singing "I love snow" till my was sick of it. I would hike snow any day o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR ?'s and your thoughts.
November 22, 3:18pm

Bear Canister
Starting in Yosemite Valley you will need to get out of the park to be legal or stay at Tuolumne Meadows. It is 36.7 across Donohue plus a couple of more to find a place to camp out of the rocks. ...

November 22, 11:48am

Two Great pieces of Advice
4. The most spectacular *backpacking* scenery/experiences are not necessarily in the national parks. I've been everywhere in Yosemite but no longer go there b/c frankly the backpacking isn'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weather in the Sierras
November 22, 11:30am

Re: JMT Gear list
You haven't said how many days or miles per day you are planning but unless you are doing 30+ a day you need a bear canister to stay legal. Also, you haven't stated resupply but you are un...

November 22, 7:47am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.