BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1446 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: re: 3 season
I use a LS cap 1 base down to about freezing while hiking. The only addition that I generally will make is a windshirt if it raining/windy/really cold. When stopped I have a ex light and I can ad...

In Gear Lists » Insulation Layer & Gloves for Winter Camping along AT
December 06, 11:47am

Resupply
I have a total of 21-22 resupply points planned for the PCT. Most will be 3 days apart for SoCal with some heavier 5 day carrys up in Washington. Still to be determined is whether to do a 6 day h...

In Philosophy & Technique » Resupplying on a PCT thru
December 02, 9:00am

How old?
I bought about 9 months a LS version of the Cap 1 and love it. Not sure if its the "newest" or not but it weighs 5.2oz. in size large. I got it in white and wear it year around for sun p...

In GEAR » Anybody have Golite's newest line of baselayer?
December 01, 7:49pm

Snowshoeing
-2F and had no cold feet. Wore standard mid-weight hiking socks.

In Winter Hiking » How low have you taken your trail runners?
December 01, 8:24am

Re: hat - sun protection
I bought a white XXL Capilene 1 and cut a large square off front. I wear this under a Headsweat Supervisor. The band of the Supervisor also serves as the headlamp band. For windy conditions I so...

In GEAR » hat - sun protection
December 01, 8:19am

Cottonwood Canyon
I did the Cottonwood Canyon/Marble Canyon two years ago in March. It was supposed to be a two day but it is very easy miles and I ended up day hiking it. I was pleasantly surprised at the terrain...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » winter backpacking in Death Valley?
November 30, 7:53am

Eastern Sierra Fitness
Mark, With your location you have the perfect setup for intense winter workouts plus you can be in the outdoors vs. the stuffy old gym. I have found few activities that are as intense as snowshoe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
November 29, 6:48pm

Couple Options
Depending on the weather, conditions or mood I have planned either: 1) A 40-45 mile loop through emigrant starting at Aspen Meadows and looping around Emigrant Lake. I have two loops loaded into ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Snow Camping in the Sierra
November 29, 2:46pm

Sierra High Route
Order Steve Roper's Book "The Sierra High Route". In addition to the actual route there are a number of alternates. Some of my favorite places, Darwin Basin, Marion Lake and the Hig...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Calling all Sierraphiles
November 28, 6:59pm

SHR and Ursack
You would only be required to have a canister in Yosemite which is 2-3 days at the end. If you are going to resupply, do it at Reds and send in a canister.

In Gear Lists » JMT Gear list
November 23, 12:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.