BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1414 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...142

Forum » Thread

GA Winter Clothing
I'm from your neck of the woods and spend a lot of time in the GA and NC mountains in the winter. The first question I would have is how much idle time are you expecting. I am on the move or ...

In Gear Lists » Going lightweight for winter
October 14, 5:40pm

Re: Generic day hiking list
My dayhikes tend to be 30+ mile treks and I always get concerned that something will keep me out overnight, injury weather, navigational error. So I generally carry my full multiday gear list minu...

In Gear Lists » Generic day hiking list
October 14, 5:21pm

PCT Sleeping Pad
I am trying to decide on the perfect PCT Sleeping pad and it appears that I will have to compromise on at least one aspect. Here are the options. 1) NeoAir Regular at 14oz. Advantage - Major com...

In GEAR » PCT Sleeping Pad
October 14, 2:29pm

Force
Anyone using these?

In Gear Deals » GoLight Shoes for $40
October 13, 6:19am

Re: Clothing set up
I hike the same area as you and had a similiar clothing list as well up to last year. Here are the changes I made: 2 pairs of liner socks 2 pairs of wool hiking socks I switched out to 1/4 ...

In GEAR » Clothing set up
October 12, 8:26am

some warmth
1) Start with mat(s). This will make a huge difference. I use a Ridgerest deluze and a Prolite 3 with my UL-20. 2) If it is much below freezing you won't have dripping. Condensation will fre...

In GEAR » First time Winter BP'er. HALP!
October 04, 8:24pm

Re: JMT/SHR Loop
No bears but a bunch of deer. The route was very straightforward with two exceptions. 1) After twin Island lake you hit a lake referenced in the book at 10,200. Leaving the lake you go over a ...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT/SHR Loop - Tuolumne Meadows to Thousand island Lake
October 04, 8:17pm

JMT/SHR Loop - Tuolumne Meadows to Thousand island Lake
Route Overview – PCT/JMT from Tuolumne Meadows to Thousand Island Lake. Use trail around lake and follow the Sierra High Route (Roper’s Book) over Glacier Lake Pass travelling by Twin Island L...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT/SHR Loop - Tuolumne Meadows to Thousand island Lake
October 04, 12:18pm

One data point
My setup is slightly different than yours in that I have a Golite UL-20 instead of a full bag. Others have the opinion that the 20 degree rating is optimistic so it could be comparable to your set...

In GEAR » WM Caribou + Down Coat and pants
October 03, 12:14pm

Various Trekking poles
Let me start with saying that I don't believe that there is a perfect set of trekking poles and my choice of trekking poles depends on the trip. 1) I started with the REI Peak Ul Trekking Po...

In GEAR » Time to get trekking poles. What do I look for?
October 03, 11:58am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.