Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1111 - 1120 of 1475 | Page: 1 ...103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ...148

Forum » Thread

Re: PCT/Thru-Hiking Itinerary Tool?
Dug, I threw together a "small" little spreadsheet the uses halfmiles waypoints and allows you to mark where you will plan to stop for each day. There is also a listing of all the eleva...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT/Thru-Hiking Itinerary Tool?
January 11, 10:41am

PCT Food spreadsheet
Here is my master list of foods that have all the calorie info. There is a section on the dinners. These dinners are a combination of a base such as Hamburger helper plus other ingredients such a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » cracking the convenience store code
January 11, 10:13am

Re: cracking the convenience store code
Matt, if you are interest I can send you a spreadsheet that has many of the high calorie foods, targeting over 125 cal/oz. It has a full breakout on protein/fat/carb split and is the "univers...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » cracking the convenience store code
January 10, 5:00pm

Re: JMT Dates?
Agree with Paul on August or early September, not having to slog through snow will increase your mileage. If you are in good shape, don't get bothered by altitude, are mentally strong and will...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Dates?
January 10, 12:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Snowed out in winter around Nor Cal
Bridge at Wapama Falls (Hetch Hetchy) - The Power of Water (Photo by MRCONDON) Puts a damper a some of the Hetch Hetchy trips especially during winter.

In Post-Trip Reports » Any backpacking area that is not wet/snowed out in the winter around Northern CA?
January 09, 8:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Snowed out in winter around Nor Cal
"If you want some Sierra's hiking maybe Rancheria Falls in Yosemite" Trail to Rancharia Falls is closed due to a missing bridge at Wapama Falls. This was exactly my dilemna this...

In Post-Trip Reports » Any backpacking area that is not wet/snowed out in the winter around Northern CA?
January 09, 4:35pm

Re: The Top 100 Walks in the World....
Interesting that the AT and PCT didn't hit the list but the TRT and JMT did.

In On the Web » The Top 100 Walks in the World....
January 09, 4:28pm

Re: Re: The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
"He doesn't seem to be that knowledgeable or experienced. Day five was his first major breakdown..." His plan does have a bright side. By the time he hits the PCT he will have acc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
January 06, 3:45pm

Re: Tarp for JMT
It better work because that's what I'll have on my PCT thru, going through in late June. Seriously though, there is at least even chance that you won't use your tarp because of no ra...

In GEAR » Tarp for JMT
January 02, 6:32pm

Oxygen scavangers for #10 Cans
You can also portion out the meat then throw oxygen scavengers in the bags to eliminate the oxygen.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food dehydration?
January 01, 7:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.