Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11081 - 11090 of 12253 | Page: 1 ...1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ...1226

Forum » Thread

Re: pre-mixing aqua mira drops?
You want to follow the instructions on the product. Don't pre-mix it. --B.G.--

In GEAR » pre-mixing aqua mira drops?
May 06, 4:11pm

Re: yes easy to pack inside a backpack, zippers
Once I get the duffle stuffed, I will need to check it as baggage on an airliner. Now, I don't want anything to pop open, so I will tie a mesh of ordinary white parachute cord around it in seve...

In GEAR » Light weight Duffle?
May 06, 11:30am

Re: Insulation for JMT in July
A UL friend of mine was on the JMT at Wallace Creek one cold summer morning, and it was +10 F. For warmth, he used one WM down vest (5 oz or something) plus one MontBell down inner jacket (7 oz or ...

In GEAR » Insulating jacket for JMT: Montbell Alpine Light Parka, Alpine jacket, or something else?
May 06, 11:24am

Re: Re: Re: DUDE, did you just sell me a tarp for $45 you bot on here for $35 bucks!
Adam, what did the OP state that was misleading? Or, did you simply misunderstand what you were buying? --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Poncho Tarp
May 06, 11:21am

Re: Re: Re: Re: visualizing a knot can be hard
Not a fisherman's knot. We were Army Infantry, and we didn't go near the water. Yes, probably bowline. I do remember one frustrating officer, and we wanted to learn the Hangman's ...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Knotless PCT Bear Bag Hang
May 06, 11:18am

Re: Re: good suggestions, Outdoor Products zipper caution, Osprey Transporter
I had purchased the Outdoor Products duffle in the size of 24" long and 12" diameter. I tested it by loading it up with some gear, and then I jerked the handles a bunch as a test. Nothing...

In GEAR » Light weight Duffle?
May 06, 10:54am

Re: Re: visualizing a knot can be hard
"I think it'd be informative to know what the four knots were." You expect me to remember those knots after almost 40 years? Hmmm. There was a simple square knot and simple half...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Knotless PCT Bear Bag Hang
May 06, 10:41am

Re: Thats good....
In Yosemite National Park, you don't have to worry about car burglars too much. The black bears will beat them to it. One driver left his Lincoln Continental parked in Yosemite Valley with (...

In GEAR » car keys
May 06, 10:36am

Re: Re: JMT Water Filtration
"It would be nice if I could use the same bottles for bleach, dr. bronners, and deet." Now you are asking for trouble. If you confuse the DEET and bleach... yikes. On the rare occas...

In GEAR » JMT Water Filtration
May 05, 4:43pm

Re: Re: small food-safe zip baggies
"What is this preoccupation with ziploc bags???????" The zip closure is effective for eliminating food or liquid leakage. If I am not worried about leakage, then I use ordinary non-zip...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » small food-safe zip baggies
May 05, 4:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.