BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11081 - 11090 of 11451 | Page: 1 ...1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ...1146

Forum » Thread

National Geographic TOPO!
First of all, I will admit that I used the Wildflower software before National Geographic purchased it and made it their TOPO! software, so I go way back with this stuff. The old version 2.5 of NG ...

In GEAR » Printing Maps with Mapsource or Basecamp Software
February 14, 6:37pm

reply to Mark
At least this will give you a little down time to do some future trip planning. Whenever I have had medical challenges, I always try to emerge from the whole ordeal with a better sense of where ...

In Chaff » Neck Surgery
February 14, 9:47am

why?
Why did the situation exist in this Granite Gear product? Did they use an inferior buckle or thread the webbing through it incorrectly? Did you overload the pack to cause this? Or is it only a tiny...

In Make Your Own Gear » Buckle slipping repair, a la Roger Caffin
February 14, 9:38am

the secret to dehydrating food
Maybe some of you know the answer to this. Why is commercial dehydrated food slightly better than home dehydrated food? I think that it is because the commercial dehydrators have better means of co...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Has anyone tried the Harmony House Backpacking Kit?
February 14, 9:23am

for Michael
The wise thing to do is to get a Ridgerest or comparable closed cell foam pad, and sleep on it for a few nights prior to your first trip. Sleep on the floor with it, or on your porch or balcony or ...

In GEAR » Which sleeping pad is cheap and effective?
February 14, 12:43am

reply to Robert
Are those winter conditions with or without snow to dig into? With snow, you only need a shovel to construct your entire shelter (and snow caves tend to be +32 F). Without snow, and it can be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter SUL?
February 14, 12:31am

reply to Dean
"I'm a surgeon." Dean, I think the readers here would love to see a contents list for the first aid kit that you take on the trail. Obviously, you don't intend to do surgery on...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 13, 5:30pm

Week Long Backpack Route
Start in Kings Canyon National Park at Roads End. First day, up and over Avalanche Pass and camp south of Roaring River R.S. Second day, south up Deadman Canyon, over Elizabeth Pass, and camp betwe...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Week Long Hike Route
February 13, 5:22pm

Never Summer
I don't know what Marmot calls it, but REI sells it as "average weight 4 pounds." I don't care about the next guy, but I am sure not going to haul a 4 pound bag around with me ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag
February 13, 5:15pm

retirement
Instead of retirement, some of us are still trying to figure out what to be when we grow up. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 13, 5:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.