Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11081 - 11090 of 12026 | Page: 1 ...1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ...1203

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: titanium maintenance
The spots are on the inside surface, so they are nothing left from wood fire or esbit. They appear to be black dots from a marker, not raised or indented. They appeared only after the last trip to ...

In GEAR » titanium maintenance
April 21, 8:44pm

titanium maintenance
I have an REI titanium Sierra cup. Somehow it has gotten some black marks, almost looking like tiny burn marks, on the inside surface. It's just a cosmetic problem. I was unsuccessfully trying ...

In GEAR » titanium maintenance
April 21, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canon Powershot 120. Thoughts?
I've never had a camera with that feature. I've always done stitching in the computer. The first five or so times that I tried to create a wide panoramic image from the top of some peak, I ...

In Photography » Canon Powershot 120. Thoughts?
April 21, 7:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Gortex gloves suggestions
Then, of course, there are Dachstein mitts. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Gortex gloves suggestions
April 21, 3:34pm

Re: Gortex gloves suggestions
Why do you want Gore-tex gloves? I can understand why you want waterproof gloves, but do they need to be breathable... for the hands? Maybe my hands are odd, but I don't think hands sweat th...

In GEAR » Gortex gloves suggestions
April 21, 2:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Canon Powershot 120. Thoughts?
Travis, you may be converted from a gram weenie to a pixel peeper. And there is no cure. --B.G.--

April 21, 1:27pm

Re: one more last thought, permit situation
"If in the end you decide not to switch directions... From South Lake go over Lamarck Col (class 1 and easy class 2) - that almost always has permits available. Then Darwin Canyon down to the...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Needed: Advice on Permit Situation
April 20, 10:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canon Powershot 120. Thoughts?
Travis, to be clear here, I don't use any compact cameras at all, so I am not a good judge of what to expect. It used to be that there were big compromises that you had to make when using a com...

April 20, 8:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Canon Powershot 120. Thoughts?
Travis, assume that a 50mm lens is a normal view. As you go to 28mm, that is a wide angle lens, and the lower the number, the wider the view. So, if you were a real Grand Canyon-wide shooter, you m...

April 20, 8:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Collapsable Hiking Poles on Plane
If you read the TSA rules, there is a list of prohibited items. Also, any TSA inspector can remove or refuse any item that is perceived to be risky. There is some inconsistency there. One TSA in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Collapsable Hiking Poles on Plane
April 20, 6:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.