Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11081 - 11090 of 12559 | Page: 1 ...1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ...1256

Forum » Thread

Re: So it's really okay to stuff it down teeny-tiny? Or would you not risk it...
Elizabeth, I do that all the time. Just make sure that you air the bag out in the morning to minimize any moisture. When you get into camp at the end of the day, pull out the bag and shake it lo...

In GEAR » Compressing down: What's the science?
June 11, 8:30pm

Re: Reflectix
Let me explain my goal first. It's a little weird, so bear with me. I will be visiting two national parks within two weeks of each other, but I will be on foot with my backpack and no car. T...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflectix
June 11, 8:25pm

Re: Re: where in the US should I go backpacking?
In that season, I would suggest to go high and cool. Either some high route in Washington, Montana, Wyoming, or Colorado. Pick a national park, any national park. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » where in the US should I go backpacking?
June 11, 5:39pm

Re: Clear packing tape
As I reported earlier, I would need double-sided tape for this, so I don't think tape is going to work. I have no double-sided tape. For ordinary things with Reflectix, I use ordinary clear ...

June 11, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Reflectix
Normally, Reflectix is used in some application where heat is involved, and I am not sure how that would work with spray adhesive. I'm actually trying to create something out of Reflectix th...

June 11, 4:02pm

Re: What is REI Outlet?
Actually, REI Outlet is the online clearance store that is associated with REI.COM, the main online store. --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » 20% one item at REI Outlet
June 11, 3:45pm

Re: Bear vs. steel mesh
I believe that the photo that Cameron posted was the damage by a grizzly bear. Black bears are smaller, and the mouth is smaller, but the teeth are just as sharp. Yes, I would bet on the bear. ...

In GEAR » How much rope to bring for hanging food?
June 11, 12:37pm

Re: Is an Outsak or Ratsack bear proof?
I would bet on the bear. --B.G.--

June 11, 12:12pm

Re: can a bear walk across a branch?
There is an art to bear-bagging. First of all, you want a high branch. The food bags end up more than halfway down from the branch, so that still needs to be high enough that an upright bear can...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » No camping on AT near neels gap/blood mt due to bears
June 11, 12:11pm

Re: Re: +1 on the OPSAK
The conventional wisdom is different between brown bears and black bears. For a brownie, you want to hang your food away from camp. You figure that the bear will find the food by smell, but you don...

June 11, 11:54am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.