Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11081 - 11090 of 11587 | Page: 1 ...1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ...1159

Forum » Thread

Silk
I'm still pretty new to the sewing machine, so I will attempt to fool with the thread tension dial. Thanks. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Silk
March 02, 10:38pm

reply to Rick
You want to be very careful when you mention the term "sensitive" in a GPS context. Sensitivity generally has to do with how tiny the signal strength can be and the receiver still works. ...

In GEAR » Solid iPhone GPS App
March 02, 10:25pm

Silk
I've never worked with silk before, and I probably haven't even touched the stuff in 20 years. I thought about making a "sleep sack" to line a normal sleeping bag. What is the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silk
March 02, 8:22pm

Suitability test
Rick, I will not say that your test is silly. However, you need to be very careful setting up an A-B comparison for GPS receivers in a wooded environment like you suggest. I think the results would...

March 02, 8:02pm

Penicillin
Your best bet is to use the Penicillin just how it was prescribed, for a potential wisdom tooth problem. If you get to third-world countries where serious viral water problems exist, you are bet...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Penicillin on the trail
March 02, 7:19pm

reply to Nathan
Actually, no, there is no comparison at all to the Henley pack. This one is much simpler. Yes, Clint, that Adidas thing looks very close. No, Don, there is no comparison to that one. You g...

In Make Your Own Gear » UL daypack
March 02, 6:16pm

GPS reception
Just about all normal garment fabrics are transparent to GPS signals, so there shouldn't be much difference from fleece to nylon to cotton to anything else. If the fabric gets saturated with wa...

March 02, 4:45pm

prescription drugs
Whenever I am going someplace where I will be away from good professional medical care (like a third-world country), I generally get my physician to prescribe some items. One item is a broad-spectr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Penicillin on the trail
March 02, 4:32pm

Scratch and Dent Sale
In the old days when we used lots of SIGG fuel bottles, REI used to sell a lot of them. Then each year at the Scratch and Dent Sale, they would unload the SIGG bottles with a ding or dent for $1.00...

In Gear Deals » Member's Only - Scratch and Dent Sale
March 02, 4:24pm

docking stations
It makes some sense to put your GPS phone in a docking station up on the dashboard underneath the windshield. Up there, the satellite signals can fly through the windshield glass and be received. I...

March 02, 4:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.