Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11081 - 11090 of 11761 | Page: 1 ...1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ...1177

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re:Evernew Ti DX stove set
It appears to be a very tidy package. Burn results will be interesting. As I stated, I am not familiar with any standard wood burn test. I would purchase a bunch of 1/4" pine dowel rods,...

In GEAR » Evernew Ti DX stove set
March 26, 10:15pm

butane canister
$7 for 4 ounces sounds high. That is the normal price for 8 ounces. --B.G.--

In GEAR » need help with kitchen/water
March 26, 7:26pm

Re: AT gear list
"there is deliberately no knife" If you have no knife and no mini-scissors, about all you really need for cutting is one single-edge razor blade. It is good enough for cutting open foo...

In Gear Lists » AT gear list
March 26, 7:18pm

Re: Re:Evernew Ti DX stove set
Hmmm. That is very compact. Some of the wood competitors are 50% more volume, so they hold more wood. I don't know which would boil water faster or last longer. I don't know how you woul...

March 26, 6:39pm

Re: JMT Gear and Logistics
That 40-degree bag should be adequate for 90% of the time. Last August I was along the southern third of the JMT and ran into nighttime temperatures of 32 F. And that was without any weather fro...

In GEAR » JMT Gear and Logistics
March 26, 6:29pm

Re: Re: picked up my Omnifuel
"2) Loudness - omnifuel is notoriously loud." MSR is not exactly like a few chirping crickets. We refer to it as the MSR alarm clock, because it wakes up the whole camp in the morni...

In GEAR » Help me choose a new stove. (MSR XGK EX vs Primus Omnifuel)
March 26, 5:40pm

Re: Re: Silk coatings
The diluted silicone will give fabric a slight clear or whitish finish. Suppose that I wanted to give it a slight color tinge. What sort of additive would work with the silicone? I'm thinking i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silk coatings
March 26, 5:30pm

Re: Evernew DX Stand and Stove Combo
Chris, a few questions about this DX combo. 1. When it is packed for transport, what is the size of the stove with stand, exclusive of the cook pot? 2. Does the cook pot sit on top of the stand...

March 26, 5:24pm

Re: Alaska Ho!
The Iditarod mushers have a strong team of powerful dogs. Skurka is on his own. --B.G.--

In Post-Trip Reports » Andrew Skurka's trip?
March 26, 4:41pm

Silk coatings
There has been a lot of use of silicone-treated nylon. Would silicone-treated silk make any sense? I have some silk that is much thinner and lighter than nylon. I wonder what silicone treatme...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silk coatings
March 26, 4:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.