BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11081 - 11090 of 11443 | Page: 1 ...1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Never Summer
I don't know what Marmot calls it, but REI sells it as "average weight 4 pounds." I don't care about the next guy, but I am sure not going to haul a 4 pound bag around with me ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag
February 13, 5:15pm

retirement
Instead of retirement, some of us are still trying to figure out what to be when we grow up. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 13, 5:10pm

'shine
Why don't you get some of the good ol' boys from the area around the southern end of the AT? They know how to make moonshine cheaply. That would burn really good. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Gram Weenie stove
February 13, 5:08pm

Harmony House kit
Does that Harmony House kit go with Vegemite? It's an acquired taste, also. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Has anyone tried the Harmony House Backpacking Kit?
February 13, 1:59pm

I agree, Sarah
My mom taught me how to sew and how to bake cookies. My dad taught me how to hunt and fish. The kids these days don't know much except how it looks on the video game. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » I am an addict
February 13, 11:38am

an ugly story from 1977
"While Bob had one really bad experience with a down bag..." Winter attempt on Mount Rainier. We camped in deep snow somewhere around 7500' (up from Paradise). Three of us in a two...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag
February 13, 1:14am

No, it isn't that hard
Go to Thru-hiker.com and read his free article about how to load a bobbin. Print the article and keep it by your sewing machine. Read the free article about thread tensioning. Print it also and kee...

February 13, 1:06am

sewing machines
Have you got the owner's manual for the sewing machine? If so, then read it cover to cover. Then sit in front of the machine and read it again cover to cover, and fiddle with each piece as the ...

February 13, 12:26am

stuff sacks
Each time I purchase outdoor fabrics, I always get more than I need, so there is always fabric left over. I make stuff sacks out of that, and the game is to try to make a stuff sack that is differe...

In Multiple Use Gear » silnylon stuff sacks
February 13, 12:12am

reply to Ben
"Down has its own problems though, with water. Is there anything else that is better than down in warmer conditions?" When I first started backpacking about 35 years ago, I had heard a...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag
February 12, 10:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.