Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 12717 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1272

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: windshirt + 2 oz poncho on a 30 day hike
Coghlan's Emergency Poncho weighs 44 grams. I know I would not use it except in an emergency. It is a bit thicker than Saran wrap. --B.G.--

In GEAR » windshirt + 2 oz poncho on a 30 day hike
July 05, 9:47am

Re: how to coat cheese and salami in wax?
I've used only medical grade or food grade parrafin wax. Years ago this was used to seal the top of jars of jams and jellies. So, the only stores that sell it are the ones that sell jelly jars ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how to coat cheese and salami in wax
July 05, 9:42am

Re: windshirt + 2 oz poncho on a 30 day hike
The 2 oz poncho won't be much good if you are above timberline and it is windy and weather is going horizontal. Once the wind gets up under it, it starts to wrap around your face and head. A...

In GEAR » windshirt + 2 oz poncho on a 30 day hike
July 05, 12:50am

Re: mold
I dehydrate lots and lots of fruit at home. I take no special precautions after it is dry. I just put it into a tight-lid plastic container. I have never had any of it get moldy or otherwise bad. N...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food shelf life in resupply boxes
July 03, 6:15pm

Re: bogus versus good info on nutrition
"Nutrition is a terrible subject, because it's virtually impossible to get scientifically valid information." I think some people would argue. A friend of mine teaches college-leve...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT bear canister advice: pack low volume food!
July 03, 12:27am

Re: Influence of trip duration on your food choices
"A fourth consideration, depending on how long between resupply points, is making sure you select food that is compact, or can be made so by compressing, crushing, etc." The positive s...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT bear canister advice: pack low volume food!
July 02, 5:01pm

Re: Temperature and Geomagnetism
Please explain for those of us who might be geomagnetically challenged. I guess it is suggesting that the magnetic north pole might be moving in the direction away from Hudson Bay and toward Sib...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 02, 4:17pm

Re: Can someone explain why position matters?
Henry, in the old days we used to fill a water bag and attach a long tube out of it. We would hoist it up over a high tree branch so that there was 15 feet of tubing running down to the filter on t...

In GEAR » Where to place an inline filter in the line?
July 02, 1:55pm

Re: GPS...
That looks like a Garmin display. Mike, once you have studied GPS receivers for a while, you will learn a few things. While you are stationary, the GPS receiver cannot tell you which way you are...

In Gear Lists » Comfort SUL
July 02, 1:19pm

Re: joint
I am able to form my titanium foil into a crude joint this way, but I would like to find a tool that would allow for something cleaner. Any suggestions? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » ti windscreen/wood stove
July 02, 1:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.