BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 11345 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1135

Forum » Thread

waterproof and breathable
Waterproof and breathable = Goretex I didn't say that it was lightweight or cheap. If you add those factors in, you may get a completely different answer. I've purchased several garme...

In Make Your Own Gear » Most Breathable Waterproof fabric?
February 08, 3:51pm

mylar
Aluminized mylar is a waterproof and airproof barrier. It reflects most of your radiated body heat back, but radiated body heat is only a small percentage of total heat loss, typically less than 10...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cold Hindquarters
February 08, 3:45pm

reply to Benjamin
That's good. You might be a careful walker. Some of us X-C ski with poles, and we might think that we are planting the pole in good snow, but there are hidden rocks just under the snow surfa...

In Gear Swap » FS: Titanium Goat Adjustable Poles
February 08, 3:37pm

helping the poles
Anytime that I purchase trekking poles or ski poles, I know that the very bottom six inches is most vulnerable to scratches, wear, or breakage. To minimize that risk, I always apply a plastic spira...

In Gear Swap » FS: Titanium Goat Adjustable Poles
February 08, 3:09pm

Excellent!
“A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood”. --old Chinese Proverb

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Betadine water purification?
February 08, 2:56pm

water treatment
It seems like we keep going back to some original principles. First, you have to know what the problems in your water are, and then you _might_ be able to treat the water for them. If you don't...

February 08, 2:29pm

not iodine
Betadine is not elemental iodine. It is an iodine compound. Read down the bottle label to the place where it says "Warnings." "External use only." Years ago we used elemen...

February 08, 2:05pm

a word of suggestion
That's not a bad cook pot. I have one. Suggestion: Take two strips of aluminum foil about 1/2 inch by 1 inch, and wrap them tightly around the bottom of the handle wires, where they attach t...

In Gear Swap » FS - REI TiWare .9 liter pot $22
February 08, 1:09pm

reply to Robert
"I would not try to portage a canoe in, though" Cuben fiber is waterproof, no? A Cuben fiber canoe! It would fold down and fit into the large outside pocket on a pack. Titanium and ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » march bay area meet n greet n hike n stay n smile
February 08, 3:33am

Loma Prieta Chapter
There is no dedicated Winter Camping Section (group of people) that I am aware of. There is a Backpacking Section, but they operate mostly in the summer. There is a Ski Touring Section, and t...

In Winter Hiking » Northern California Snow Skills Class
February 08, 1:37am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.