Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 11620 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1162

Forum » Thread

Re: Emergency book
Ken, I'm sorry that you did not understand that other thread. I can't take spray or flares in checked baggage or carry-on. No firearms without a permit. No stores along the way. No post ...

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 3:32pm

Re: Re: emergency book
Rick, what I cannot understand is how it is that some organizations manage to recognize some Red Cross certificate for a longer period than what the Red Cross does. For example, if the Red Cross...

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 3:16pm

Re: Re: do you train for backpacking? How?
The simple thing to do is to go out and hike. Maybe your schedule permits only an hour or two, but strap on a daypack with some water jugs in it (for ballast). Hike some hills until they get easy. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » do you train for backpacking? How?
March 09, 3:13pm

Re: classes
Some of the Red Cross classes are OK, and some are surely not, unless you are purely a city-dweller with emergency services available. For most of us who backpack, the "mountain medicine"...

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 3:02pm

Re: Training and Repetition
Alex, I can't even figure out how you could use an 8-ounce first aid book on a SCUBA dive. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 2:51pm

classes
Yes, I agree, some of the classes have gotten enormously expensive. Some now cost x12 to x20 what I had to pay the first time I took them. One way around that is that some organizations and institu...

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 2:48pm

Re: Re: Why Not?
Too many first aid classes simply focus on what to do before you call 911. The more advanced classes go into a lot more depth and practice sessions. Then, the "final exam" is conducted. T...

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 2:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Emergency book
Alex, OK, and your point is ...? That's the reason why you go through advanced wilderness first aid class and emergency management class. You have to learn that stuff. Carrying along a book,...

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 2:17pm

Re: Re: REI and Ultralight
A backpacker friend of mine works at one of the local REI stores. He tells me that there are too many warranty issues with UL gear, so that is why few REI stores stock the stuff. There may be a few...

In Chaff » REI and Ultralight
March 09, 1:46pm

Re: Re: Emergency book
You _carry_ the book? That doesn't seem like the right way to go. I think you'd want to take some training, learn or memorize the book, and then leave it at home. "Oh, Fred, you&...

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 1:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.