Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 12435 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1244

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: "Backpacker Going Lightweight"
Many GPS receivers will show you the "birds" (GPS satellites) that have their signals reaching the receiver. If there is a high number, that gives you a more dependable feel for the accur...

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
June 08, 7:26pm

Re: Giardia
Giardia symptoms typically show up one week to two weeks after ingestion of the cysts. In some victims, it is self-correcting after one or two cycles. In most victims, it is not self-correcting, an...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia
June 08, 7:16pm

Re: Re: "Backpacker Going Lightweight"
Benjamin, those are interesting GPS results. Once you've used GPS for a while longer, you will learn how to interpret those results better. For example, sometimes they are caused purely by lack...

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
June 08, 5:58pm

Re: WTB Ice Axe
You might want to state the length that you seek. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB Ice Axe
June 08, 2:53pm

Re: July 1982 Issue of Backpacker Magazine - Superlight Revolution
I have to comment! That article was the one that got me started into UL backpacking in 1982. I must have been a tiny child at the time. That download file was strange for me. Every time that ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » July 1982 Issue of Backpacker Magazine - Superlight Revolution
June 08, 1:16pm

Re: Bob's Red Mill Products
"Red Mill products are available here at many grocery stores, usually in the organic sections, but might be available elsewhere in the country." Red Mill products are all over here, ty...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Way-of-Life Porridge
June 07, 11:28pm

Re: Re: Nano Fabric
"I agree with nixing the WM vest which seems awkwardly missing the collar" That's interesting. Mine has a collar. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Down Vest Comparison
June 07, 6:17pm

Re: @Bob
"How cold would you say a baselayer, the flash vest and a wind shirt would take you comfortably (while hiking and at rest)?" I can't say. I never use that clothing combination. Bes...

June 07, 2:58pm

Re: Beer Can
David, I tend to pack a backpack pretty tightly, so I would probably end up crushing a beer can unless I had it packed very solidly with something. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Caldera Keg for 2 people?
June 07, 2:54pm

Re: Down Vest Comparison
I have no knowledge of most of these, but I do own a Western Mountaineering Flash vest and a Mont Bell down inner jacket. Obviously, the vest is going to do a lot for your torso warmth, but noth...

June 07, 2:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.