BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 11469 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1147

Forum » Thread

Death Valley
Death Valley is not deathly hot in that season, and that is during the wildflower bloom. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » April Trip 6 Nights, Recommendations - Yosemite?
February 24, 1:03am

reply to Carl
You might mention whether you are experienced at X-C skiing or snowshoeing. That will be a big factor, because typically during early April there is still a lot of snow on the ground, and that is w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » April Trip 6 Nights, Recommendations - Yosemite?
February 23, 8:37pm

the economy
"So, $25 for 15 hours labor." Actually, based on how rotten the economy is in the states, it isn't bad pay. :-) --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » FS thru-hiker quilt
February 23, 8:23pm

Re: Epoxy
"Is this tech underestimating things?" Sounds plausible. If you are a hundred miles from nowhere when your binding pulls off, you are the one who is going to have to walk out. The s...

In Gear Lists » Alaska-Yukon Expedition: 4,700 miles and 7 months; start in 4 weeks
February 23, 4:06pm

Epoxy reply for Andrew
I had mentioned some of this before, but maybe it got lost. An excellent epoxy to use is Epoxy 907 Adhesive System by the Miller-Stephenson Chemical Co. I've been using this stuff for over ...

In Gear Lists » Alaska-Yukon Expedition: 4,700 miles and 7 months; start in 4 weeks
February 23, 12:31pm

reply to Kevin
"That is too funny, it would be even funnier if it didn't hit so close to home." I believe the correct phrase is this: "It would be even funnier if it didn't hit so close ...

In Chaff » Explaining Canada to Americans
February 23, 12:15pm

simple gloves
When it gets a little cold, I use simple knit glove liners (2 oz). Then if it gets wet or windy, I slip some disposable plastic gloves over those. There are several different types of disposable pl...

In GEAR » Gloves
February 23, 1:35am

Re: vital signs
My cardiologist told me that, for my age, I was lucky to have any vital signs to measure. --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » allitude sickness
February 23, 1:26am

vital signs
The easiest vital signs to measure are rest pulse rate and respiration rate. Granted, these vary during a day of heavy hiking. I would take vital signs each morning immediately after waking, while ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » allitude sickness
February 22, 4:21pm

MSR-XGK
All of those MSR stoves were supplied with a small heat reflector to go underneath the burner, and a much larger windscreen to go around the whole affair. There is a remote liquid fuel bottle that ...

In Philmont » 4 qt pot
February 22, 12:05am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.