Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 12242 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1225

Forum » Thread

MSR Simmerlite Stove question
One of the reasons why a person might purchase the MSR Simmerlite Stove has to do with its compact nature, at least within that realm of white gas stoves. Its fuel tube is flexible, so you can curl...

In GEAR » MSR Simmerlite Stove question
May 10, 11:28pm

Re: AntiGravity Gear Raincoat
Over this past weekend, I had gone ski/snowcamping. I had started out wearing a couple of thin layers since I was moving uphill on skis. Once we chose a campsite, the wind was picking up, so I donn...

In GEAR » AntiGravity Gear Raincoat
May 10, 11:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Melting Snow
Roger, in your chart legend, you list the various fuels and their percentage makeup. I know that Butane and Propane are used, but what is the third gas? This shows the reason why butane stoves h...

In Editor's Roundtable » Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide - Deadly or not? Supplement 1: The MSR Reactor
May 10, 7:57pm

Innova Nite Ize ZipLit L.E.D.
I haven't seen any mention of this gadget that would appeal only to the pure gram weinies. Inova Nite Ize is the brand. ZipLit L.E.D. is the product. It is a tiny, tiny LED light that also s...

In GEAR » Innova Nite Ize ZipLit L.E.D.
May 10, 6:36pm

Re: Leather punch
OK, I will scratch the leather punch off my list. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » working 0.005" titanium foil
May 10, 2:08pm

Re: Sooty Pot
"The soot on my pot doesn't tend to rub off, may be residue from the paraffin soaked jute." I had used a tiny ball of waxed jute for the initial test at home. When I got to the sno...

In GEAR » Trail Designs Ti-Tri Caldera Stove test
May 10, 2:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Black Pots
"Why bother? A black outside is an asset -- as long as the black is well-adhered, why not just leave it? It won't rub off on anything else (otherwise, you would have already removed it). ...

May 10, 1:34pm

Re: Leather Punch
Hmmm. I may have to give that one a try. Thanks. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » working 0.005" titanium foil
May 10, 1:27pm

Re: Bombproof Geodesic 2 Man Mountain Tents
I mentioned this a bit, before. A group of 14 of us went to climb Aconcagua, which is nearly 7000 meters high. The high camp ended up being nearly 6000 meters high, and the weather conditions we...

In GEAR » Bombproof Geodesic 2 Man Mountain Tents
May 10, 1:23pm

Re: Black Pots
The black coating is more like creosote, kind of a sticky tar. I managed to get 95% of it off with a Brillo pad. Once I get it clean, I may try that soap coating. Of course, that is another black s...

May 10, 12:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.