Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 12548 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1255

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: groundsheet/pack liner/poncho
Sometimes I use a ground sheet that weighs only an ounce or two. It is the lightest plastic painter's drop cloth, and then I cut it down to a size only slightly larger than my sleeping bag and ...

In Multiple Use Gear » groundsheet/pack liner/poncho
June 15, 11:50am

Re: wild onions
There is a small campground just east of Kearsarge Pass in the Sierra Nevada Range, named Onion Valley. Guess what grows there? --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » identifying wild onions?
June 15, 10:09am

Re: 6 pounds for base pack - OK?
" Is this "good enough?" " It depends. Where do you propose to use this? Death Valley or Mount Everest or somewhere in between? It sounds to be in the ballpark for some tr...

In GEAR » 6 pounds for base pack - OK?
June 15, 1:51am

Re: lol
"I'm pretty sure the author bypassed base weights and went straight to total pack weight for the definition of "minimalist," "lightweight," etc. Still, it's very po...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL
June 15, 12:59am

Re: Colorado Trail stove/fuel questions:
You need to structure your question differently. Too many variables. If you've used the Coleman F1 for five days at a time, then you should have a good idea about fuel consumption with it. H...

In GEAR » Colorado Trail stove/fuel questions:
June 15, 12:56am

Re: windscreens
Some of the stovies will chime in here. The screens vary depending on what type of fuel system you use. Some, like for a woodburner, keep the heat going up and around the cook pot in a stack eff...

In GEAR » windscreens
June 15, 12:18am

Re: CCF
Wow. CCF from Walmart and black duct tape over the foot. That's quite the fashion statement. --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflectix
June 14, 11:28pm

Re: Ursack
"If I was in brown bear country, I'd probably supplement using the mothball method used by many BC outdoors people." I'm not sure about brown bears, but we tried this with blac...

In GEAR » Ursack Update
June 14, 11:22pm

Re: Re: Pine Ridge Trail
If you go, take along something for poison oak or else long clothing. It was thick when I was last there. Also, it can get pretty hot there in Ventana. We backpacked in, starting at 9:30 p.m. an...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sykes Hot Springs Backpack
June 14, 5:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paint
Now you see why a food hang may not be quite as good as a bear canister. --B.G.--

In Chaff » Bears eating our cabin. Why?
June 14, 5:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.