Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 11979 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1198

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Sleeping Bag Liners
I sewed my own silk sleeping bag liner, and it ended up something less than 2 ounces. The purpose was mostly as a bed sheet, not for warmth or anything. The trick in avoiding tangles is to safety-p...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Liners
April 24, 11:09pm

Re: HAA/Halulite w/ wood stove?
I can't imagine anything that could go wrong, except that the aluminum pot might melt or else deform a little. The hard anodized surface is generally on the inside, but that generally neutraliz...

In GEAR » HAA/Halulite w/ wood stove?
April 24, 10:45pm

Re: stoves that take unleaded gas
MSR multifuel stoves such as the XGK and its successors will run on most automobile fuel. The slight problems are that there are lots of additives in that fuel, and you might get some unexpected th...

In GEAR » stoves that take unleaded gas
April 24, 10:38pm

Re: TD Caldera Cone for an MSR Titan Mug
I wouldn't worry about it, one way or the other. The guys at TD are always a step or two ahead of a garage shop design. They can make them slightly better and cheaper than a DIY guy. I wa...

In GEAR » TD Caldera Cone for an MSR Titan Mug
April 23, 6:22pm

Re: a longshot, but I appeal to you guys
It is not exactly Northern California, but there is Blaney Hot Spring. Muir Trail Ranch has its own private hot spring. Then if you wade across the cold San Joaquin River and fight through the w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » a longshot, but I appeal to you guys
April 23, 4:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Aquatabs
"Also, don't protozoa take a while (7-14 days?) to take effect? So for someone like me who usually only hikes 3-7 days at at time, I would not get sick on the trail from not waiting the fu...

In GEAR » sodium dichloroisocyanurate
April 23, 1:58pm

Re: Rab eVent "bivies" on sale
Let me see if I understand. The products are tents, but Rab made them with eVent fabric, so just to make it legal, they called them bivies. ? But, really, they are tents. On the web page, Rab...

In Gear Deals » Rab eVent "bivies" on sale
April 23, 9:06am

Re: Rab eVent "bivies" on sale
Why wouldn't you call those tents instead of bivies? --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » Rab eVent "bivies" on sale
April 23, 8:51am

Re: Trekking Pole Handle Connection to Grommet
Isn't that more weight to carry? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking Pole Handle Connection to Grommet
April 22, 4:46pm

Re: titanium maintenance
Emory-impregnated rubber. I guess I learn something every day. --B.G.--