BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 11312 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1132

Forum » Thread

ducks
I vote that we offer up those dirty ducks for a live-plucking demonstration. --B.G.--

In Gear Lists » some input on my current gear list please
February 06, 5:19pm

reply to Tom
Tom, that's not bad. I recently sewed a Green Pepper #543, which has a front zipper. Except that I made it out of the thinnest Pertex fabric that I had sitting around, so it came out at 4 ou...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finished Rain Jacket
February 06, 5:17pm

Scouts
We never had anything like that when I was a kid! In the scouts, the most adventurous that we ever got was to wrap a potato with foil and bake it in the campfire. --B.G.--

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Announcing Montana High Adventure 2010: Ultralight Backpacking for Scouts
February 06, 5:12pm

shoes
I have some running shoes that weigh only 6.5 ounces per shoe. The type is called a racing flat. There are others as light as 4 ounces per shoe. For comparison, normal running shoes are approximate...

In GEAR » Watershoes
February 06, 4:14pm

a start
I would suggest to start with the basic idea of a commercial Lowepro holster, but then to assemble it with UL components. Start with a plastic container such as a one-gallon milk jug. Maybe you ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight SLR Camera carrying
February 06, 4:09pm

coloring down
Why don't you see about getting the dyes and chemicals fed to the geese, and then you can get the colored down _in situ_? --B.G.--

In Make Your Own Gear » Colored down for cuben items
February 06, 3:13pm

it's not practical
Peanut butter jars are not practical as a camera case. I use about three different sizes of Lowepro holster for one DSLR or another, and those are the most practical for normal trail use. For on...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight SLR Camera carrying
February 06, 3:08pm

wildlife photography
Believe me, any lens at 300mm or shorter, and you are wasting your time. The shortest lens that I carry when backpacking is 400mm. For dangerous wildlife, like a grizzly bear, double that. For b...

In Photography » camera(s) advice needed
February 06, 1:19pm

Quinoa
Doesn't it require a fair amount of cooking? Where can we buy Instant Quinoa? --B.G.--

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Quinoa
February 05, 4:41pm

Tim
Boy, that Tim Marshall is turning into a regular Bill Gates! --B.G.--

In Gear Deals » TIM MARSHALL NEEDS YOUR HELP
February 05, 4:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.