BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 11021 - 11030 of 11450 | Page: 1 ...1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ...1145

Forum » Thread

one followup
"REI marketed something called Jungle Juice that was 71% DEET" I found the bottle and looked at the Inert Ingredients. Denatured Ethanol 25%. I think that is what you need to use to...

In Philosophy & Technique » Diluting Deet?
February 19, 11:11pm

DEET
I'm not sure that DEET will mix with water. You might try something more like alcohol. Full strength DEET ("jungle juice") became popular many moons ago when some of us were employed ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Diluting Deet?
February 19, 11:05pm

zippers
Dennis, did you try rubbing a bar of soap on the zipper? With some zippers, that is all that is necessary. Otherwise, it might be helpful to know what kind of zipper it is. --B.G.--

In GEAR » sticky sleeping bag zippers
February 19, 10:24pm

reply to Greg
Butane-blend stoves get less efficient with cold, but they get more efficient with higher elevation. Unfortunately, Camp Muir is not high enough to get that much positive effect from elevation. At ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Rainier light?
February 19, 9:59pm

reply to E J
"I'm also pretty sure a regular pie tin wouldn't sink in the snow if you use a good windscreen that keeps heat from being directed downward, like a pie tin design." The heat re...

In GEAR » Lightest winter stove base material
February 19, 8:25pm

reply to Raymond
Lemmings go off a cliff. Lemurs go up a tree. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Stove Rip Off
February 19, 7:52pm

reply to David
"Up to Mt. Rose in Sunol Regional Wilderness." On the map, it is identified as Rose Peak. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » San Francisco Area 24-hour trip recommendations
February 19, 7:24pm

reply to Nathaniel
At the last time I was there, Harriman State Park was not in New York City (NYC). --B.G.--

In GEAR » Boots with spikes needed for trip in NYC tomorrow?
February 19, 5:58pm

reply to Aaron
Yes, you need a shovel. The inside guy holds the form-tool straight, and the outside guy shovels snow into the form-tool. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » Ice Box Igloo Tool
February 19, 1:26pm

reply to Robert
I've been there several times in May or June, and I have never failed to walk up and get a permit. After June, the waterfalls are diminished and weather gets hot. I think the wildflowers are be...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay area BPL April
February 19, 1:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.