BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1101 - 1110 of 1110 | Page: 1 ...92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

Forum » Thread

Trekking Poles – I need advice… or convincing…
Thanks for the posts folks, it's helped me to develop a plan to try to resolve (or ease) the problem I'm having with my knees. I think I'll buy some poles and give them an honest try (...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking Poles – I need advice… or convincing…
December 01, 2:08am

Edited: Old avatar moved to the archives... Current avatar: Backpacking in Vancouver Island's Strathcona Park -- July 2008. Still 3-5 feet of snow in some areas and some frozen lakes.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
November 27, 6:16pm

>>What do your friends say about your technique? My friends wonder why I carry the poles instead of using them... perhaps you are right that I'm not giving them a chance. Maybe the cu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking Poles – I need advice… or convincing…
November 23, 12:43am

Trekking Poles – I need advice… or convincing...
>> It always helps to remember that many years ago no-one used trekking poles... Many years ago I did the same thing that I do now... if I need a stick to help me cross a stream or an icef...

November 22, 3:57pm

I’ve been struggling with this one for several years now and just haven’t been able to convince myself that I need them or that they will help my knee problems. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve re...

November 22, 12:48pm

Cleaning Straps...
If you use the bathtub approach go easy on the soap. I over did the soap on one of my day packs and every time it rained I could see white soap suds on my black rain jacket.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stinky Straps
November 19, 3:58pm

Kind of new to lightweight backpacking
Craig – The fact that you are utilizing this site and have been taking a good hard look at your gear, shows that you already know why people go light weight… heavy, bulky gear is just not fun ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kind of new to lightweight backpacking
November 18, 10:38pm

Mini Lantern...
I rarely carry a lantern, I prefer my LED (Pelican VB3 LED) for area light. I also have a Primus Easy Light lantern that I occasionally take when it gets dark really early but it's quite heavy...

In GEAR » Lightweight Lanterns - any favorites?
November 18, 1:34am

Thoughts on backpack selection...
Packs (like shoes) must be fit to the individual body type. I've had a heck of a time finding a light weight pack that will fit me. I like a waist belt on my pack but light weight packs are o...

In GEAR » suggestions for my next pack
November 13, 1:31am

Light weight shoes...
Knee pain can be caused by minor changes to your regular gait. A blister or a tight hamstring can change the way you walk and put pressure on your knee. Proper conditioning and stretching are obv...

In GEAR » Light weight shoes and my knee injury
November 12, 3:01am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm