BPL Community Profile

Tad Englund (bestbuilder) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me I like to be outside
CitySeattle Area
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://englundhomes.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tad Englund

Showing 1101 - 1110 of 1298 | Page: 1 ...102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ...130

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Longevity of freezer bagged foods
Sarah, a couple of weeks ago I had some oatmeal using your coconut oatmeal recipe, with just the powdered coconut milk, and spices. It was only about 4 months. When I ate it, it had a weird flav...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Longevity of freezer bagged foods
February 11, 9:50am

Re: Re: spectra cord strength
>Break strength is usually derated by at least 50% for working load.< This depends on the knot that is tied. Some knots have up to 90% or more strength ratings. I would not want to be the ...

In GEAR » spectra cord strength
February 10, 5:18pm

Re: Smart
Diane, I have the pads (hook side) and strap (loop side) on the underside of the z-rest so that the velcro would not snag either my underwear or sleeping bag- which ever I was using.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packs that use pad for frame
February 10, 5:13pm

Re: Hmmm
Andrew- are you a size 36 and wear a size 38 in these pants?

In Gear Swap » Cloudveil pants size 38
February 09, 11:45pm

Re: velcro
Diane, I also used sticky backed velcro but I wanted to avoid the overlap so I put 2 small "hook" patches on each side of the panels to be jointed (for a total of 4 patches) and then made...

February 09, 11:26pm

Re: Packs that use pad for frame
Diane, I have a G G5 and I use a 14 panel z-rest sometimes. I cut the panel into 6 and 8 and glued 2 small Velcro strips to each side to hold it together when sleeping. I find that it works ok. ...

February 09, 7:08pm

Re: Cloudveil pants size 38
How do the sizes run in these pants? I have some 36" pants that as my kids call them- skinny jeans and others from stores like Orvis that my wife say's I look like a guy to skinny for his...

In Gear Swap » Cloudveil pants size 38
February 09, 4:39pm

Re: Day trip emergency gear suggestions?
Dennis, I pulled out my regular fishing vest (I don't take it hiking) to weigh it (I've never done that before)- It is 7 lbs 3 ozs definitely not even Lightweight. ( my base weight is about...

In GEAR » Day trip emergency gear suggestions?
February 08, 11:05pm

Re: Youthful Posters
Jonathan, thanks for your post, I've been thinking the same thing lately. We need to remember that this is an open forum.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Youthful Posters
February 08, 12:04am

Re: Re: Others Bug Me With This in the Backcountry!
Benjamin, like the smokers- I'm addicted and can't stop speaking/writing AS I think- If >Nudity, hollering all night or blasting a boom box at high decibels are not OK.< is 3 o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Others Bug Me With This in the Backcountry!
February 04, 8:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Tad Englund

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
The mattress totally sucked the heat out of me. See this thread for more info about this mattress.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 11, 6:39pm