Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Patrick S (xpatrickxad) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upper East TN
About Me Patrick S has not added a biography yet.
StateTN
My Website URLhttp://patrickofeasttn.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Patrick S

Showing 111 - 120 of 178 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

RE at maps
You do not need maps for the AT. I carried them until Erwin. I used one in the Whites because I did lots of side trips to hit 4,000 footers, but other than that I'd skip them. Although I wished...

In GEAR » A.T.C. mapdanna
January 06, 2:45pm

Re: Joshua tree
Great trip report and some nice photos. Its kinda of lame that the weather didn't turn out the way you expected, but from the sounds of it you had the right attitude and knowledge to deal with ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Joshua Tree Dec 2010
January 03, 4:12pm

Re: More hiking shoes
Your shoes just keep getting better and better! I'm impressed. One of these days I'll get around to trying this for myself, but in the meantime I'm going to try to learn from your exper...

In Make Your Own Gear » More hiking shoes
December 30, 8:16pm

Re: EB and Kindle
I think you see this sort of thing pretty often in the realm of social media. Where you sort of playfully talk about another product (and almost always joke about getting something free in return) ...

In GEAR » EB and Kindle
December 29, 11:07pm

Re 2010
I don't keep up with numbers, miles, elevation or anything like that. Best hike: A 3 day trip in July in the Grayson Highlands. I met up with a thru hiking buddy and it was great to be back ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 2010 Backpacking Summaries
December 28, 1:58pm

RE: AT Layers
I think Greg brought up a good point about the wind, but I'm going to disagree with him about not needing Sun protection. The leaves aren't going to come in until late April or May up on th...

In GEAR » Torso layering for early AT Thru?
December 28, 1:40pm

Re: Hiking near airports
Whoa Spruce Pine has an airport? Thats "near" both the AT and all the neat stuff near Asheville if you had a car, but won't work for you. I didn't realize that there was an airpo...

In GEAR » Hiking Trails near airports in the Southeast
December 28, 9:51am

Re: foothills trail
Nice report. That trail has been on my to do list for a year or two now, but I just never seem to get out there. As for the track its my understanding that cat tracks don't have claw marks. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Foothills Trail in 4 days!
December 27, 6:59pm

RE Hiking near airports
I think Brevard is a really good bet since you've got some great trails right there. Tri-Cities will still be an hour or so drive (give or take) to some really good trails. Maybe you can get ...

In GEAR » Hiking Trails near airports in the Southeast
December 27, 6:46pm

Re: jam or swift
I've got the 2010 Swift and its my favorite pack I've ever had. But I just wanted to add a point to the folks that suggest the ULA CDT. For me it was between the two packs and I had a frie...

In GEAR » Jam or Swift?
December 27, 5:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Patrick S

Patrick S has posted no reviews.