Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 111 - 120 of 3584 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...359

Forum » Thread

Chess in the Backcountry
The recent inquiry about mini playing cards had me wondering if there are any chess players amongst us. Though I don't play as seriously as I did 10 years ago (regular tournaments), I'm st...

In GEAR » Chess in the Backcountry
May 03, 11:29am

Re: Re: "Valley Uprising"
Why do we have to understand or condone someone else's choices or motivations in the sport in the first place? To say that highly publicized free soloists like Potter or Honnold are bad infl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Valley Uprising
May 02, 4:29pm

Re: Re: yet another dumb hiker post
There's a canyon here in Southern CA that is notorious in its lower, more accessible reaches for rescues of stuck hikers on cliffs or body recoveries of those who have fallen. From what I unde...

In Chaff » yet another dumb hiker post
May 01, 8:55am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So There I Was
"...unless there is a problem I don't have a problem." Words of wisdom Kat.

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 15
April 30, 5:19pm

Music
I've had far more negative experiences with snoring partners and Boy Scout singalongs than I've ever had with people and stereo speakers. "The other day... I met a bear... a great...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking News: Digest No. 15
April 30, 12:36am

Petraeus Sentence.
In light of the years (if not decades) in prison that most of those who leak classified information will typically face, "justice" in his case seems to be a complete farce. Appalling, ...

In Chaff » Petraeus Sentence.
April 29, 4:56pm

Re: d***
You're right Dave. Found the recipe for you: SALMON WITH D*** SAUCE 1/4 c. cider vinegar 1/4 tsp. mustard, dry 1/4 tsp. d*** weed 4 salmon steaks 1 green pepper, sliced into thin r...

In Gear Swap » Free: the d***weed line
April 29, 12:26pm

Re: Free: the d***weed line
Nothing wrong with baked salmon with a little d***weed on it.

In Gear Swap » Free: the d***weed line
April 29, 9:43am

Re: Where Do You Start?
I know you've got those cool color changing stoner moodlights but whenever you mention sipping single malt I much prefer to imagine you sitting in a darkened study by the fire with a bloodhound...

In Chaff » Where Do You Start?
April 29, 8:56am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The SIMPLE Fly
That was a good read Greg, thanks. "I tie fly to catch fish, and I always tell the shops they tie the flies to catch the fish and the customer." The Nasty Charlie sort of reminds me...

In Fishing » The Single Fly
April 26, 10:25am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm