BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 111 - 120 of 3005 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...301

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Heavy Duty Bivy?
Thanks Ian. Is there a particular generation of the USGI bivy I should be looking for or are they all pretty much the same? I'm guessing it's probably the best deal for what I need- the...

In GEAR » Heavy Duty Bivy?
January 08, 10:52pm

Heavy Duty Bivy?
Can anyone recommend something tough, relatively cheap, preferably Goretex or similar, preferably with a hoop? It's not for backpacking but for sleeping on the deck of a boat that has no cabin...

In GEAR » Heavy Duty Bivy?
January 08, 8:49pm

Re: I like padding, but no
Its my understanding that the Hokas are actually pretty stable despite their thickness. They cradle the foot deep inside and have a wide, stable footprint, preventing ankle issues (supposedly). ...

In GEAR » Backpacking in "maximalist" shoes? (ie.Hoka One One)
January 08, 8:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: training
Most of my staple runs are out the door to the trail, no car needed. My house is less than one mile from a few different entrances to the Angeles National Forest/San Gabriels. If I don't run...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
January 08, 9:30am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bidet?
For as germophobic-anti-bacterial-sanitize-everything as Americans are, I've always been surprised that most wear shoes in the house and don't wash their butts after going to the bathroom. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Japanese bidet
January 07, 8:46pm

Earth Runner
If you like "Earthing" sandals with copper inserts, consider my latest product: I'm selling beans. Special organic Nuna beans just for ultrarunners that have been grown by harness...

In GEAR » Earth Runner Sandals vs Exodus Sandals
January 07, 9:36am

Re: External pack frame flex
Flexible packs are old news. Flextrek and Steve Climber have beat you to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAtzN_ScKXY

In GEAR » External pack frame flexibility.
January 06, 8:33pm

I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
Nick Gatel, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 06, 5:48pm

Re: Re: Re: New Shoe Quiver...
I really wanted the Inov8 Trailroc 255s to work, but trying them on again today, they just are a little weird in the toe for me. I guess I'll be sticking with the Cascadia 7s for a little lo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
January 05, 5:01pm

I thought it was already decided.
SUL: <5 pound base UL: <10 pound base LW: <15 pound base Why is this not adequate for general descriptive purposes? Nitpicking it to death is silly. For example, the whole "...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 05, 3:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm