Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

chris kersten (xanadu) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale here
About Me chris kersten has not added a biography yet.
CitySulphur Springs
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by chris kersten

Showing 111 - 120 of 140 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

new pack
So will they be sold in America? And what pricepoint? I'd like to get something different than the everyday. It might have been posted but I lost track in all of the "I don't like it&q...

In GEAR » LAUFBURSCHE huckePACK
July 13, 12:03pm

Cutting carbon tubes
A dremel with a cutoff wheel and wrap the tube with tape where you want to cut it. After that, put some expoxy on the ends to seal it. If no dremal, use a very fine hacksaw and tape as well.

In GEAR » Best way to cut Carbon Fiber tube
July 11, 1:50pm

Oh yeah!
Every time I go, I am sore, wet, tired and either cold or hot. I wonder why I do it. No one else I know does it and they wonder why I would. But then at the end of the day I feel that I am so lucky...

In Philosophy & Technique » Did backpacking transform you?
July 06, 3:03pm

pack.
If it works, it works. Do you really need someone to tell you that? So many threads on here asking other people to agree or disagree with what I feel is right.

In GEAR » Deuter ACT Lite vs Waay ligher pack question
July 01, 5:24pm

pup tent
I would try to research the tent before you buy, maybe. Why does the website have to review an item faster? Backpacking kwipment does not really go out of date like the new Iphones do, so you have ...

In GEAR » No More pup tents please
June 27, 4:46pm

Tp
Tp won't stop ALL of the germs but unless your out of control down there, It will darn sure keep most of the bacteria off of you. Using fingers is just plain sick and stupid, there I said it. S...

In GEAR » conserving ClO2 tablets
June 25, 11:48am

clo2 tablets
How does putting your fingers in your rear help preserve Clo2 tablets? I must have missed a page. For what it's worth, I'm using TP no matter where this thread ends up.

In GEAR » conserving ClO2 tablets
June 24, 5:02pm

how much?
Price?

In Editor's Roundtable » Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
June 23, 12:14pm

one failed, my bad
Arkansas. Cold and raining. I was using an alcohol stove under my shelter. The pot fell over, hot water rushed towards me and I dropped my knife to grab a towel. I slept on the ground that night. I...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Failure - poll
June 17, 11:35am

REI
Why does everyone take shots at them? Most people here have been to one and spent some money there. They have to sell items that appeal to a larger group of people and be reliable and stand up to a...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL
June 15, 12:26pm

All Reader Reviews by chris kersten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
Yeah, I have to go the other way on these guys. I ordered a jacket on clearance and they are the only ones that have it for that price. I paid for 2nd day shipping. I get an email 3 days later saying ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 11:17am

gossamer murmur
I am not going to hype up the good points. The GG website does a good job of showing the features. It is light and well made. I will point out the flaws that could be better. First the compression s...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 16, 1:11pm

Marmot Atom
I'm not going to say much since this has been reviewed allready. I just want to say the bag is made with great quality and is very light. The pictures don't show how pretty the red material is...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 13, 2:00pm