November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Reginald Donaldson (worth) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Wind River Range
About Me I am a wilderness canoeist with a preference for paddling Northern Ontario.
My Website URL
My PDF Gear List2 Weeks in the Mountains

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Reginald Donaldson

Showing 111 - 120 of 129 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Re: S2S Thermolite Reactor
Over rated! I used it in conjunction with a 50 degree bag and when the temperature drop into the 40's I was uncomfortably cold in the early morning hours. Save your money.

In GEAR » Sea to Summit Bag Liner:)
June 06, 5:31am

Waterproofing Maps
Ryan said from another post: I like the Rite in the Rain paper for writing, but for map printing, it's expensive and heavy. So, I like regular copy paper: cheap and light. When I'm done...

In Philosophy & Technique » Waterproofing Maps
May 17, 9:35pm

Better yet, Goggle Maps
This will give you a chuckle! 1. go to 2. click on "get directions" 3. type "New York" in the first box (the "from" box) 4. type "London...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Google Earth Adds Hiking Trails
April 18, 5:50pm

Re: Re: What cheese for a 6 day trip?
I prefer to wrap my cheese in cheese clothe soaked in vinegar and stored in a zip-lock bag. The vinegar will retard mold growth and the clothe will absorb any oils the cheese may extrude. The vin...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What cheese for a 6 day trip?
March 23, 8:10pm

I guess I had not reached rock bottom yet.
And I thought I had hit an all time low when I was forced to use my Crocs as a urinate bottle.

In Multiple Use Gear » Cookpot Toilet
January 07, 8:37pm

Dehydration, frostbite and urination
On one particular cold, windy trip I observed that I began to urinate every 15 - 30 minutes for several hours. My paddling buddy even noticed it. I had never heard of this being a sign of hypothe...

In Gear Lists » Making a sleeping system warmer
December 15, 6:38am

Brett, MB #7
Brett, I was using the down MB #7 and was sleeping in a BA Seedhouse SL2. I had very little condenstation inside the tent during this particular trip because the tent ventilates almost too with mo...

December 14, 3:22pm

I made a mistake using the MB #7, Sea to Summit's Thermolite, silk liner and a 3/4-length ZRest pad on a July wilderness canoe trip into the sub-tundra. Historical temperatures indicated it ra...

December 13, 9:19pm

Wear a tree branch
Wildchild is correct about Natrapel. When it gets too bad I go for the headnet and spritz my collar, hat brim and shirt cuffs with Deet. I have seen Cree and Inuit wear a small branch like a hat....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Non DEET Mosquito Repellent?
December 05, 9:37pm

Dirty rag wool
I discovered years ago that rag wool stops itching after several days of wearing it as long as you do not wash it or change into clean rag wool. I assume the dirt, moisture and body oils must un-k...

In GEAR » Going Wool? share your knowledge
November 24, 5:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Reginald Donaldson

Reginald Donaldson has posted no reviews.