BPL Community Profile

will sawyer (wjsawyer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Connecticut
About Me will sawyer has not added a biography yet.
CityRiverside
StateConnecticut
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by will sawyer

Showing 111 - 120 of 216 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Re:F.S. os Trade Crux X2 Storm Bomber Tent. Phd Mimim Ultra 500 Sleeping
Stephen, These seem like pretty heavy duty pieces of gear, and I'm not sure you'll find much interest for them here. If you don't, you can try posting them at the whiteblaze.com for sal...

In Gear Swap » F.S. os Trade Crux X2 Storm Bomber Tent. Phd Mimim Ultra 500 Sleeping
December 05, 1:34pm

Re: rockies SAR vid
Wow. the paramedic on the ground who began to stabilize his head, before he was even fully lowered...these guys are good.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » rockies SAR vid
December 03, 1:58pm

Re: So tell me that I'm not stupid.
1370 words. so even if he already knew 99%, thats still a good almost 14 words of solid advice. Now I wonder what the longest post on BPL is...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » So tell me that I'm not stupid.
December 02, 8:10pm

Re: Mansfield area shelters? - off trail?
I think to overboots should keep me covered for all of that. I imagine they aren't step-in-a-stream waterproof however. And yes, planning to do an overnight, and have some space in my bag reser...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mansfield area shelters?
December 02, 7:11pm

Re: Insulated Winter Footwear
I've heard nothing but good things from the wearers of 40 below overboots. So much that I decided to get a pair for this winter. Joel is great to deal with, very responsive. While they are ...

In Winter Hiking » Insulated Winter Footwear
December 02, 5:46am

Re: Long Trail Unsupported Attempt - August 2010
Frank, I like your story about the speed hiker gone artist. At this point in life however, I think there is a lot of physical potential that I have, and won't have for my entire life. Many of t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Long Trail Unsupported Attempt - August 2010
December 01, 8:31pm

Re: Bear Deterrent Techniques
The google translation of that page is hilarious...maybe better than the picture...

In On the Web » Bear Deterrent Techniques
November 30, 2:27pm

Re: gossamer gear?
Turns out I just didn't receive an email when they shipped it out, and fedex has it somewhere, but its coming. I had tried calling them earlier but could only leave a message, they called back ...

In GEAR » gossamer gear?
November 30, 1:28pm

Re: Long Trail Unsupported Attempt - August 2010
Thanks brian, I agree with everything you've said. I wasn't fully committed and was rudely awakened to the difficulty of it. I was thinking it would help get me in shape for my cross countr...

In Post-Trip Reports » Long Trail Unsupported Attempt - August 2010
November 30, 11:05am

gossamer gear?
i ordered two thinlights from then on the 23rd, and got an order confirmation email shortly thereafter. it said I'd be getting another email when the ship it out. are they still closed due ...

In GEAR » gossamer gear?
November 30, 10:57am

All Reader Reviews by will sawyer

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov-8 Company Review
I love their products, but haven't dealt with the company directly until recently. I sent them an email asking if I could get a discount on a pack and what I would be using it for. I got a respons...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 14, 11:09am

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
I received my overboots in the mail today, a day earlier than predicted. Previously I had emailed Joel when I heard about these as I wasn't sure they were exactly what I was looking for, and I was...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 07, 3:55pm