BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 111 - 120 of 235 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...24

Forum » Thread

thanks
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Anyone know of any patterns (other than the SMD meteor pattern) or writeups for making a bivy? I feel like this is a logical next step, as it seems pretty si...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first major foray into the MYOG world
March 16, 6:21pm

additional info
I take it we're talking bands to serve as insulation for the lips when drinking from the mug/pot? I suppose a Fosters beer can could be used for comparison, it's just slightly larger in ...

In GEAR » MLD 475ML MUG
March 15, 7:32pm

Re: Re: How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
Seems that if one is so confident in ones self and sexuality, one wouldn't go around kicking peoples butts after getting upset that they called his skirt a skirt, no? The first three diction...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
March 15, 6:29pm

Re: MLD 475ML MUG
no idea which rings will fit, but I own one of these if you need exact dimensions, I can break out the caliper and mic the thing..

In GEAR » MLD 475ML MUG
March 15, 5:54pm

My first major foray into the MYOG world
Go big or go home right? Most people make a few stuff sacks, maybe a tarp, I figured I'd jump in head-first on a summer quilt, following the excellent writeup by Jamie Shortt. Fabric is 0...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first major foray into the MYOG world
March 15, 5:44pm

Re: How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
something about dudes wearing skirts just seems fundamentally wrong to me... Perhaps this is because I've never had comfort issues just wearing a pair of shorts

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
March 14, 9:59pm

Re: Adding overfill to a Summerlite
Seems the easiest, cheapest, though perhaps not always lightest option would be to add some insulation under you. 25 Degrees is stretching the R-value of that Neo-Air pad in my mind (also a colder...

In GEAR » Adding overfill to a Summerlite
March 12, 8:56am

Re: a 20 year reveiw of my gear
Think about it this way, you spent almost 500 bucks, but did so over 20 years...25 bucks a year on a hobby you love is peanuts. I'm not married, but I think plenty of the guys here who are hav...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » a 20 year reveiw of my gear
March 10, 9:07pm

Re: Re: Sleeping Pad Advice
FWIW, I've never really heard anyone speak highly of the BA IAC pads, most people seem to feel that their R-value is highly overstated, which when you compare weights of the IAC to the non insu...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad Advice
March 09, 6:50pm

Re: Re: Down by the ounce
meh, just went ahead and ordered 9 ounces...if anyone sees this and plans on needing 1.5-2 ounces for any projects, etc. let me know.

In GEAR » Down by the ounce
March 09, 6:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm