BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 111 - 120 of 465 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ...47

Forum » Thread

Re: Charhart - the anti Ralph Lauren
"I feel that small Carhart "C" on the right hip pocket sends a message to the "far too cool" crowd of poseurs in their overpriced Calvins, RL, and Lucky brand jeans. That m...

In GEAR » Golite is Boulder's North Face.
January 27, 3:56pm

Texas
I proudly wear my old Montane windshirt here in Texas. But really it's North Face in the big cities and Carhartt every where else down here.

In GEAR » Golite is Boulder's North Face.
January 26, 11:07pm

Re: Suggestions
"OTHER CLOTHES> All synthetic is best, from the unmentionables to the outer layers." I would argue that synthetic is good but wool is even better. As far as the 6 pound tent go...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear for the Non-ultralight wanting to go a little lighter
January 25, 11:15pm

Re: wood vs alky
"How could alcohol be slower than a wood stove?" I'm simply not sure if a standard alcohol stove can make heat long enough if they like to cook - especially for 2 people. Meaning ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear for the Non-ultralight wanting to go a little lighter
January 25, 6:41pm

Well...
Start by weighing everything. Literally everything you plan on carrying and find out where the weight is. If you're looking for advice on lightning up the food you pack (great idea btw) you...

January 25, 7:06am

Re: General go-anywhere/ 3-season gear-list almost complete
The Osperey seems like a beast of a pack for even an 11.5 pound baseweight. When you get under 10... it just seems like you could save some decent weight here. A 2010 Golite Jam can be had for <...

In Gear Lists » General go-anywhere/ 3-season gear-list almost complete
January 25, 12:41am

Oh yeah!
I was hoping you'd post this up. Simply amazing.

In GEAR » I know we decided gear sucks and all, but check this out: Cuben Infused Cyanocitta.
January 24, 11:55pm

Just me.

In Chaff » What do you look like?
January 24, 11:38am

Re: Gear deniers
"Look at Mike C! He may come across as dogmatic to some, but he's like the zen master of UL.... Eric is also a great example.... Roger Caffin too frequently comments on the pointlessnes...

In GEAR » "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the lightest of them all?"
January 24, 10:27am

20 degrees?
I had the same problem when I transitioned to trail runners during the winter. The next year I made a point of wearing them exclusively as it got colder and voila! No more cold feet for me (in Texa...

In GEAR » Keeping feet warm in trail runners
January 24, 10:11am

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.